MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

aradhana

I get a kick out of how polarizing these products are. Very love or hate material....reminds me of the Big Bounces. I'm glad MAC is willing to put some off-the-wall products out there and let the customer decide yea or nay.

...and as usual, I'll just shill for those applicators (broken record, right?)...they really take the pain right out of these.
i was just thinking this today when i was removing my eye makeup (deeply dashing)...i have to admit i had a bit of trouble completely removing the glitter from my eyes. but when i wear these (over genuine treasure paint pot), the staying power is really good, and they wear so well -- it just looks like glistening skin!

not everyone is gonna love 'em, but in a way it's nice that mac (and other companies) put out new products frequently because it definitely keeps things interesting. i think the fact that they are also making these permanent is meaningful. they must have been a hit for a sufficient number of people!

liba

i was just thinking this today when i was removing my eye makeup (deeply dashing)...i have to admit i had a bit of trouble completely removing the glitter from my eyes. but when i wear these (over genuine treasure paint pot), the staying power is really good, and they wear so well -- it just looks like glistening skin!

not everyone is gonna love 'em, but in a way it's nice that mac (and other companies) put out new products frequently because it definitely keeps things interesting. i think the fact that they are also making these permanent is meaningful. they must have been a hit for a sufficient number of people!
They were definitely popular at the store I go to….they all sold out pretty quick and they'd gotten a lot of stock in. I operate under the assumption that MAC decides what to make perm partially on what's selling well, but also partially on what products they have a very good profit margin for - I bet the pps aren't super expensive to manufacture because they're sheer: not as much expensive pigment for the raw materials?

I don't have trouble getting the glitter off when I use them, but I use a cream makeup remover first. When I've used my dual phase eye makeup remover first, it doesn't lift the glitter up off my face so well.

MACina

May I ask which one you use liba?

That sounds like a very good and gentle method to remove glitter.
They were definitely popular at the store I go to….they all sold out pretty quick and they'd gotten a lot of stock in. I operate under the assumption that MAC decides what to make perm partially on what's selling well, but also partially on what products they have a very good profit margin for - I bet the pps aren't super expensive to manufacture because they're sheer: not as much expensive pigment for the raw materials?

I don't have trouble getting the glitter off when I use them, but I use a cream makeup remover first. When I've used my dual phase eye makeup remover first, it doesn't lift the glitter up off my face so well.

liba

May I ask which one you use liba?

That sounds like a very good and gentle method to remove glitter.
For years I only used Clarins Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream. This year I switched to Shisedo because I got it in my head that the Clarins wasn't exactly the way it used to be, but I'm going to go back to Clarins when I'm done with my supply.

MACina

Thank you very much liba
th_hug.gif

I will try the Clains Cream!

For years I only used Clarins Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream. This year I switched to Shisedo because I got it in my head that the Clarins wasn't exactly the way it used to be, but I'm going to go back to Clarins when I'm done with my supply.

aradhana

sounds like a good theory...clearly the ED products cost them a lot to produce, especially in the larger format...and then to ship without breaking is a whole other issue!

normally i don't have trouble getting the sparkles off, but that's with a foaming cleanser from korres. last night i used a cleansing lotion from dr haucshka, which maybe wasn't enough to do the trick!

Prettypackages

has anyone tried the bobbi brown shadows that are like the pressed pigments?? i know i wont $28 for the same thing just cause it says bobbi brown. but hey they are better cause they got a B+ and not an F like the mac pressed pigments
dapimp.gif
they are easier to figure out how to use, but just as glittery. there was one color, that seemed like a mess of glitter.

Prettypackages

I like P&P Vibrancy Eye because it depuffs my bags a TON - as good as the Fast Response cream but so much better texture. It also is a great, light-weight base for eye makeup, plus I actually prefer it to concealer, because it's got luminizing particles in it and my eye issues are bags and texture smoothing, not darkness - most concealer just enhances the fact I've got the bags, while meanwhile, I put a little extra of this on next to the bags (not directly on) and it gives the amazing illusion of filling out the whole area so the bags aren't so obvious - it's a much more natural look on me than concealer.

I still use serum and moisturizer too, but I put the Vibrancy Eye on after both of those have sunk in - I even use it if I'm not wearing any eye makeup that day.
I'm going to have to try the fast reponse. I have dark circles, some puffiness, and my under eye has been so dry. the concealer is just setting into the lines. I need to learn how to help this area. If my concealer is not right, I get a reverse sunken in look. It all used to be soo much easier. Heck even two years ago it was easier to just cover and go and I only wore undereye cream if I remembered it.

aradhana

I'm going to have to try the fast reponse. I have dark circles, some puffiness, and my under eye has been so dry. the concealer is just setting into the lines. I need to learn how to help this area. If my concealer is not right, I get a reverse sunken in look. It all used to be soo much easier. Heck even two years ago it was easier to just cover and go and I only wore undereye cream if I remembered it.
origins ginzing is also really good....
what concealer do you use? i use the mineralize one in nw35, and i find that alone or with the orange side of the corrector from mickey contractor works well...they're both tend not to give the cakey effect, and then i just set with powder....

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm going through the same right now. I used to just slap on my Moisturecover concealer and my eye area looked great. But over the past year I have developed dark circles and some puffiness and nothing seems to really help. The dark circles are still showing through the concealer and I feel like I look tired all the time. I'm trying the Vibrancy Eye at the moment, which I like a lot, but it's not doing as much as I hope it would. I still have puffiness. And I need to find a concealer with better coverage, which is difficult since I'm so pale and I have very dry skin plus my eye area is very sensitive, so the products can't be scented.
I recently bought the Touche Eclat - love the formula, it blends very nicely into the skin, definitely less cakey than MAC concealers, but I wish they had a really light shade. I got No1 and it's very close to my skintone, but not lighter unfortunately, so it doesn't highlight.
Tried the Origins Ginzing as well, but it's not doing much for me either. It's a good product, but I need something that's a lot richer, because my skin is super dry.

Prettypackages

I got one of the best compliments when I wore my three together. Glistening skin is a great way to describe them. The MA at Sephora was like that's goregeous, just enough for everyday with a little something extra. I did get fall out and found I have to press them into my skin. But it was no biggie.

We should have a how to use your tools thread, since the right tool really does make the difference. Even the angle in which you hold them. Some brushes I look at and have no clue what to do with them. I hated the MAC 224 brush until someone showed me how to use it with my crease. It fit in my crease perfectly, I can't believe I went without it for so long. I even bought almost every crease brush on the market (Pics are gone now) to find the perfect one for me.

Prettypackages

origins ginzing is also really good....
what concealer do you use? i use the mineralize one in nw35, and i find that alone or with the orange side of the corrector from mickey contractor works well...they're both tend not to give the cakey effect, and then i just set with powder....
the only mac concealer htat worked for me was the one from MC nc44. We need to go on a campaign to bring that back and the corrector. I am scraping out the tube of orange and don't want to go to my back up. Another that came close was the mineralize in nc 45, it isn't as orange as the prolonger wear nc45, but it doesnt last. I love the prolongwear formula, but nc 45 is too orange. I tried using an nw color and just didn't like the cancelling effect. I'm using MUFE 14, but this Summer I hated this color. The 12 was too light, and the 14 was too dark. I've said it before, but my coloring was weird to match this with the tan. I got a deeper red, but not that much darker. I tend to be golden.

Prettypackages

I'm going through the same right now. I used to just slap on my Moisturecover concealer and my eye area looked great. But over the past year I have developed dark circles and some puffiness and nothing seems to really help. The dark circles are still showing through the concealer and I feel like I look tired all the time. I'm trying the Vibrancy Eye at the moment, which I like a lot, but it's not doing as much as I hope it would. I still have puffiness. And I need to find a concealer with better coverage, which is difficult since I'm so pale and I have very dry skin plus my eye area is very sensitive, so the products can't be scented.
I recently bought the Touche Eclat - love the formula, it blends very nicely into the skin, definitely less cakey than MAC concealers, but I wish they had a really light shade. I got No1 and it's very close to my skintone, but not lighter unfortunately, so it doesn't highlight.
Tried the Origins Ginzing as well, but it's not doing much for me either. It's a good product, but I need something that's a lot richer, because my skin is super dry.
let me know what you find b/c that's my exact problem. I'm not super pale, but cannot find decent color matches out there. I forgot to add I had luck with BB brown's Golden, but the formula did not last. Prep and Prime is not doing as much as I had hoped either. My circles get so bad I can look like I got punched. Especially when I am about to get sick or have a sinus issue. Sorry for the duplicate postings. My enter key is not working on this laptop I'm borrowing. (I want my stuff back *whines*) I'm using boots beautiful skin rich hydrating eye cream. right now it seems to work for the moisture. they also had one for evening, but it is more gel like. Not sure how that is better dor dryness than a cream.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
let me know what you find b/c that's my exact problem. I'm not super pale, but cannot find decent color matches out there. I forgot to add I had luck with BB brown's Golden, but the formula did not last.
I will :) I'm experimenting with different eye cream&concealer combos. The eye cream I use is the !00% Pure Coffee Bean one, which is nice, doesn't make my eyes burn like most other eye creams. I tried their cucumber one before, I had high hopes for it, but my eyes start watering when I put it on.
There are a couple of products that I'd like to try, a lot of people seem to love the Armani corrector plus concealer, that's on the top of my list right now, but I'm hesitant to order those, cause I don't know if they are scented, and they're not exactly cheap. And I read that MUFE has a full coverage concealer in a lot of shades, so I'm interested in that, but would have to get a CP to get it.
The MAC concealers I haven't tried yet are the Mineralize and Pro Longwear, I'm debating if I should give them a try as well. And maybe the Fast Response Eye Cream.

MACina

I have had this problem recently (since about a year now).It is so annoying
weeping.gif

I just don' t know what to do.I have tried so many concealers and none of them worked
ssad.gif

dorni

I will :) I'm experimenting with different eye cream&concealer combos. The eye cream I use is the !00% Pure Coffee Bean one, which is nice, doesn't make my eyes burn like most other eye creams. I tried their cucumber one before, I had high hopes for it, but my eyes start watering when I put it on.
There are a couple of products that I'd like to try, a lot of people seem to love the Armani corrector plus concealer, that's on the top of my list right now, but I'm hesitant to order those, cause I don't know if they are scented, and they're not exactly cheap. And I read that MUFE has a full coverage concealer in a lot of shades, so I'm interested in that, but would have to get a CP to get it.
The MAC concealers I haven't tried yet are the Mineralize and Pro Longwear, I'm debating if I should give them a try as well. And maybe the Fast Response Eye Cream.
The Prolongwear is not the best choice for the undereye area, the formula is too dry and emphasizes any line or wrinkle. Never tried the mineralize one.
Being pale and over 40 now, I have to cover dark circles and wrinkles. I'm using MUFE Camouflage in No.20 (orange) to counteract the bluish circles, No.19 (rose) to brighten and MAC SF Concealer in NW 15 to cover and blend in the Camouflage. HTH.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The Prolongwear is not the best choice for the undereye area, the formula is too dry and emphasizes any line or wrinkle. Never tried the mineralize one.
Being pale and over 40 now, I have to cover dark circles and wrinkles. I'm using MUFE Camouflage in No.20 (orange) to counteract the bluish circles, No.19 (rose) to brighten and MAC SF Concealer in NW 15 to cover and blend in the Camouflage. HTH.
Thanks for letting me know about that. I had a suspicion it would be dry, since I read mixed reviews. I think I will eventually bite the bullet and order the Armani corrector.

Latest posts