MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Anitacska

No idea. It's a pain getting any info out of Mac, I tried asking during a live chat, but they either came up with imaginary collections or had no clue of what's going on (well, that's pretty much the same thing, lol). I'm not that fussed, especially if these are going to be permanent, I'll check them out during the after-Christmas sales.

It was pushed back in the US. Maybe it's the same for the UK?

aradhana

So I bought the silicone spatula things yesterday and used them with deeply dashing this morning. FAR less fall out! Still a few bits here and there, but way better than before! Thank you so much Liba for your endorsement of these little guys!

liba

Thank you so much Liba for your endorsement of these little guys!
'glad they worked for you!! They're amazing with the Crushed Metals too.
heart.gif

MACina

I have to try this too....I really love them for PPs and I am so glad that you raved about them liba
th_hug.gif

I have not used them for cream products yet.
But I will try them for my Metal-X e/s,the Big Bounce e/s,Fluidlines (when used as a base),Paints and also for Paint Pots.

'glad they worked for you!! They're amazing with the Crushed Metals too.
heart.gif

aradhana

I kind of wonder whether the sales people at my store know what they're used for. I'm surprised no one has tried to sell me them!! Anyway, it's so true about the right tools...

martiangurll

Thank you so much Liba for your endorsement of these little guys!
I must try them because I used Day Gleam today and it was fall out city. I mean ninja glitter stars of doom. I used Fix but that did nothing to stop massive fall out. Not sure I am going to get too many of these although Liba's review of the black one has me curious. Wonder if you could compare to just plain old Dark Soul loose piggie?

The yellow one is off the list, sounds too pale and too similar to many things I own...

Naughtyp

I didn't get any last time since I read T's reviews (F). we're they really that bad? I hope not I preordered 2!!

erine1881

Not a fan of these, at all! Im very surprised that they made these permanent. Chunky glitter, breaks extremely easy, and not very user friendly. Passing on every single one!

aradhana

did i miss something??

can someone fill me in on how they break?

tia
they are kind of crumbly, so the testers in some of the stores show evidence of large chunks crumbling out....but people are usually quite tough with testers. i have two, both of which i had been using with my fingers or a brush till a few days ago. one of them had a small 'crater' in it...they just show use differently from regular pressed shadows in my opinion...rather than showing a dip, they have crumbs missing. the silicon applicators help a lot with the fall-out and crumblyness...if you're near a counter/store, you might still be able to check these out before the launch of the new shades.

BuickMackane

As things stand this collection is a skip for me. Crumbly glitter is no bueno. My high maintenance E/S quota has already been filled by my Fyrinnaes
lol.gif

liba

I love the intensity of the pressed piggies. I will get all of them
eyelove.gif
I get a kick out of how polarizing these products are. Very love or hate material....reminds me of the Big Bounces. I'm glad MAC is willing to put some off-the-wall products out there and let the customer decide yea or nay.

...and as usual, I'll just shill for those applicators (broken record, right?)...they really take the pain right out of these.

mac_aiken

Someone mentioned that the date had been pushed back in the US. Makes me curious. The MAC counter I go to already has their shipment in the back and I suspect a pre Christmas release may happen.

liba

Someone mentioned that the date had been pushed back in the US. Makes me curious. The MAC counter I go to already has their shipment in the back and I suspect a pre Christmas release may happen.
It's being released the 26th, with Strength and Apres Chic, at least as of Thurs.

Mac-Guy

It was first scheduled for the second week of December. Now it's 12/26.