MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

PRESIDENTslim

im not "wowed". nd i am Mac's biggest fan. NEXT
type.gif

liba

SO, who is buying from this collection? I don't know if I am interested yet???
I'm going to get 4 or 5 of them. I love this formula, though. Definitely getting the black, purple, Smokey, the pale blue and maybe the pale yellow. I already have Deeply Dashing and Warming Heart and I wear them every week to many compliments.
heart.gif

Mac-Guy

I'm going to get 4 or 5 of them. I love this formula, though. Definitely getting the black, purple, Smokey, the pale blue and maybe the pale yellow. I already have Deeply Dashing and Warming Heart and I wear them every week to many compliments.
heart.gif
I'm tempted to get all of them. I find them very versatile, especially as I can add them on top of any e/s to add some extra oompf. Wonderful product when applied correctly.

Yazmin

I will :) I'm experimenting with different eye cream&concealer combos. The eye cream I use is the !00% Pure Coffee Bean one, which is nice, doesn't make my eyes burn like most other eye creams. I tried their cucumber one before, I had high hopes for it, but my eyes start watering when I put it on.
There are a couple of products that I'd like to try, a lot of people seem to love the Armani corrector plus concealer, that's on the top of my list right now, but I'm hesitant to order those, cause I don't know if they are scented, and they're not exactly cheap. And I read that MUFE has a full coverage concealer in a lot of shades, so I'm interested in that, but would have to get a CP to get it.
The MAC concealers I haven't tried yet are the Mineralize and Pro Longwear, I'm debating if I should give them a try as well. And maybe the Fast Response Eye Cream.
The Prolongwear is not the best choice for the undereye area, the formula is too dry and emphasizes any line or wrinkle. Never tried the mineralize one.
Being pale and over 40 now, I have to cover dark circles and wrinkles. I'm using MUFE Camouflage in No.20 (orange) to counteract the bluish circles, No.19 (rose) to brighten and MAC SF Concealer in NW 15 to cover and blend in the Camouflage. HTH.
What brush do you use to apply these products? My experience with MAC SF is that it's just as drying as the PLW, but applies more patchy and somewhat challenging for me to blend, even with my ring finger.

martiangurll

SO, who is buying from this collection? I don't know if I am interested yet???
I got Day Gleam and have been using it almost daily so I may get more of these. But I do need a better spackle to keep the glitters from flying all over my face. The yellow is too pale, but the purple one looks pretty. I want to see more swatches. And, the baby blue one may end up in my cart somehow.

Naughtyp

the light blue looks so pretty I might get it but only once I know that I can wear them. I have sensitive eyes so in going to try the purple one first ( ordered the white one too) but will try the purple one first to see how I like them

aradhana

liba

i hope they never discontinue them!!
i'm glad at least they made a tool to go with the PPs since they are gonna be perm!
The dumb thing is, they're not promoting the applicators with the collection, just a brush that is a nice brush, but honestly works pretty badly with the PPs. I was ranting about that to my store manager and all he could say was, HQ would rather push an expensive brush than the applicators that are like a third of the price. Graaaah.

erine1881

I know you're not a fan of these pressed piggies, but have you tried using these to apply them: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product...ssories/Applicators/Eye-Applicator/index.tmpl On me, they take away all the fallout issues and just give me easy and smooth application (I know, I know, I shill these darn applicators like a broken record) :busted:
The dumb thing is, they're not promoting the applicators with the collection, just a brush that is a nice brush, but honestly works pretty badly with the PPs. I was ranting about that to my store manager and all he could say was, HQ would rather push an expensive brush than the applicators that are like a third of the price. Graaaah.
For me, it's not so much the fallout, but the big glitter bits and sheer application. If i want big glitter i'll just use glitter. I just feel, for the look i prefer, that pigments work better. As for the silicone applicators, it's kind of a waste to use a product that only lasts a handful of times. It's supposed to be used for glitter. Again, for me, the 231 or 228 and a bit of EZR works like a charm!

liba

For me, it's not so much the fallout, but the big glitter bits and sheer application. If i want big glitter i'll just use glitter. I just feel, for the look i prefer, that pigments work better. As for the silicone applicators, it's kind of a waste to use a product that only lasts a handful of times. It's supposed to be used for glitter. Again, for me, the 231 or 228 and a bit of EZR works like a charm!
I use them with the pressed pigments and crushed metal pigments, primarily (I don't own any of the Pro glitters). I've tried the PPs with the 228 and I like it…just needed to crush it up a little.

I've been getting a lot more uses out of each applicator than the recommended 5 uses. What I do is have one set aside for dark colors, one for light colors and one for bright colors, then I wipe them down with a damp cloth after use, but don't use brush cleaner. After a few uses, I use diluted peroxide instead. Unfortunately, there's no way in the universe you could do that professionally. I wonder if MAC has a patent on them, because barring that, it'd be nice to see them trickle down to drugstore level….something tells me they're patented, though.

dorni

What brush do you use to apply these products? My experience with MAC SF is that it's just as drying as the PLW, but applies more patchy and somewhat challenging for me to blend, even with my ring finger.
I'm using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush or the Sigma P82 for blending the SF Concealer. The RT is not as dense as the Sigma, works better for me. For the MUFE Camouflage i'm using a classic lip brush or MAC's 194 brush for application and blend with my ring finger. But the main reason, that MAC SF doesn't look dry on me, could be my eye cream. It's SISLEY's Emulsion Phyto-Aromatique pour le contour des yeux et des léveres, love it. That stuff is as expensive as the name is long, but the first eye cream that really improved my eye area.
PLW Concealer gave my under eye area a scaly look.

martiangurll

I'm using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush or the Sigma P82 for blending the SF Concealer. The RT is not as dense as the Sigma, works better for me. For the MUFE Camouflage i'm using a classic lip brush or MAC's 194 brush for application and blend with my ring finger. But the main reason, that MAC SF doesn't look dry on me, could be my eye cream. It's SISLEY's Emulsion Phyto-Aromatique pour le contour des yeux et des léveres, love it. That stuff is as expensive as the name is long, but the first eye cream that really improved my eye area.
PLW Concealer gave my under eye area a scaly look.
That means I should avoid it like the plague.

liba

Someone was asking before about PLW vs. Mineralize concealer. I talk about it more in the thread from when it came out, but the Mineralize one is the best one I've used for my under eye area - the only one that is moist enough for my ultra-dry eye bags. I usually hate concealer. It's the only one I like using under the eye. The coverage on the PLW is a little better for stuff like age spots, though, to be fair.

Latest posts