MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

MACina

th_e2cloud9.gif
.....that sounds gorgeous!!!
I saw some paper swatches in person a while back - I talk about them here and there. The most beautiful one for me was the black with gold sparkle - WOW. There was a beautiful iridescent white (I think that one's Angelic?). Deeply Dashing is always a must have - I already wear that one at least once or twice a week.

OctoberViolet

Thank you, Detective Naynadine! You always come thru for us. I LOVE that purple pressed pigment. I wonder if that is the Amethyst one? That has been added to my list.
punk_.gif
Out of curiousity. I'm sure this has been asked & answered many times, so I apologize. Can pressed pigments be used for blush, shadow as well as all around shimmer? Or am I getting confused with something else?
wacko.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thank you, Detective Naynadine! You always come thru for us. I LOVE that purple pressed pigment. I wonder if that is the Amethyst one? That has been added to my list.
punk_.gif
Out of curiousity. I'm sure this has been asked & answered many times, so I apologize. Can pressed pigments be used for blush, shadow as well as all around shimmer? Or am I getting confused with something else?
wacko.gif
Yes, that's what it says under the pic :)

I guess in theory you can use them wherever you want.

kimibos

punk_.gif
wacko.gif
love.gif
heart2.gif

lilinah

OK, i'm posting this question here, because this forum is still alive and this is peripherally related...
Has anyone compared in person the MAC 163 brush ($35) that came out in Sept. with the Face & Body collection -- which had 6 pressed pigments, all of which are still on the US website -- with the very similar but much cheaper Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Sculpting Brush ($13) for contouring? I'm willing to spend more for significant quality difference, but if the difference is slight, well, i can use that extra $22 for more MAC makeup
th_rolleye0014.gif

Back On Topic:
As for the pressed pigments, i'm not jumping up and down yet, but that Polish photo - the models with the pink and the amethyst eye shadows - made me want that pink shadow. I'm not worried about how i look in pink e/s because no one is going to mistake me for an angora rabbit...
nocomment.gif

martiangurll

OK, i'm posting this question here, because this forum is still alive and this is peripherally related...
Has anyone compared in person the MAC 163 brush ($35) that came out in Sept. with the Face & Body collection -- which had 6 pressed pigments, all of which are still on the US website -- with the very similar but much cheaper Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Sculpting Brush ($13) for contouring? I'm willing to spend more for significant quality difference, but if the difference is slight, well, i can use that extra $22 for more MAC makeup
th_rolleye0014.gif

Back On Topic:
As for the pressed pigments, i'm not jumping up and down yet, but that Polish photo - the models with the pink and the amethyst eye shadows - made me want that pink shadow. I'm not worried about how i look in pink e/s because no one is going to mistake me for an angora rabbit...
Okay, I LOL'd at that because I have that issue too with pinks

lyseD

My MA said these were quite sheer, great for a wash. She is a fan of COLOUR and lots of it.

She suggested using a mixing medium if I wanted them to appear darker. I think I may skip.

Latest posts