MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Paisly

Are these permanent? My SA kept talking about the upcoming collections. So much to remember. But she said, a couple things will be Permanent. I think these were on the list as well?
I cant remember. I do know that the volcanic ash scrub from HC is on the permanent list.

liba

Deeply Dashing – High pearlized powder in NW55 shade (Frost) °* Is this Brush perm or do I need to snatch it up now, and do we love it?
215 Brush – Medium Shader Brush (Synthetic Fibre) °
If you want the best thing for the pressed pigments (and also the Crushed Metal piggies, too), get yourself those MAC silicon sponge-type applicators. They work so amazingly well....I know I rave about them all the time - and I'll keep raving some more. Perfect applicator for these new-fangled sparkly pigments.

martiangurll

If you want the best thing for the pressed pigments (and also the Crushed Metal piggies, too), get yourself those MAC silicon sponge-type applicators. They work so amazingly well....I know I rave about them all the time - and I'll keep raving some more. Perfect applicator for these new-fangled sparkly pigments.
I was wondering about how to apply those CMP because I am slowly acquiring all of them at least samples of them.

liba

I was wondering about how to apply those CMP because I am slowly acquiring all of them at least samples of them.
I've tried them many different ways....

So far, my two favorite ways are:
1) Using a Big Bounce Shadow patted with a finger on underneath in a contrasting color - so maybe lavender if I'm applying a blue or green CMP or rust if I'm using a neutral or maybe blue or black if I'm using red or pink. Then, apply the CMP DRY over the Big Bounce, using a 217. This way you get a beautiful, two-tone effect that is very shimmery and changeable, but not opaque. LOVE. It's like butterfly wings. The only drawback is you have to grind up the CMP a bit with the brush or with a spatula first. Finish with Fix+ if you need extra staying power.

2) Now that I've got the silicon applicators, it's so easy - just slap those babies directly onto your eyelid and GO. I use P&P Vibrancy Eye underneath. This gives a more opaque and mega-wet looking effect. Best way to get color density out of most of the CMPs, which tend to lean towards sheerness more than opacity otherwise. I DO NOT like to apply CMPs wet, because they've got an oily-ish base that just reacts really badly to a wet brush - it gets all scaly and patchy and just sucks. These applicators do the grinding and the pressing into the skin all in one, plus they are so smooth, they just glide a layer right over your skin in this perfectly finished way - they are amazing and worth the money if you love CMPs and Pressed Pigments!!!

Prettypackages

~off topic~ I finally got the prep and prime eye. I can't wait for it to works its magic. I had bought another eye cream, thinking it was the one that you mentioned and was like, why does Liba like this? LOL But even the mua raved over prep and prime, so I'm excited about it. bye bye dark circles!!! OH and it helps my concealer last.

kimibos

has anyone tried the bobbi brown shadows that are like the pressed pigments?? i know i wont $28 for the same thing just cause it says bobbi brown. but hey they are better cause they got a B+ and not an F like the mac pressed pigments
dapimp.gif

liba

~off topic~ I finally got the prep and prime eye. I can't wait for it to works its magic. I had bought another eye cream, thinking it was the one that you mentioned and was like, why does Liba like this? LOL But even the mua raved over prep and prime, so I'm excited about it. bye bye dark circles!!! OH and it helps my concealer last.
I like P&P Vibrancy Eye because it depuffs my bags a TON - as good as the Fast Response cream but so much better texture. It also is a great, light-weight base for eye makeup, plus I actually prefer it to concealer, because it's got luminizing particles in it and my eye issues are bags and texture smoothing, not darkness - most concealer just enhances the fact I've got the bags, while meanwhile, I put a little extra of this on next to the bags (not directly on) and it gives the amazing illusion of filling out the whole area so the bags aren't so obvious - it's a much more natural look on me than concealer.

I still use serum and moisturizer too, but I put the Vibrancy Eye on after both of those have sunk in - I even use it if I'm not wearing any eye makeup that day.

mac_aiken

I saw a male MUA at an event recently with the most amazing eye makeup. Found out he was wearing Lord It UP pearlglide with Beaming PP on top. Stunning!

martiangurll

I saw a male MUA at an event recently with the most amazing eye makeup. Found out he was wearing Lord It UP pearlglide with Beaming PP on top. Stunning!
That sounds gorgeous. I have never tried a Pearlglide all over, they are so creamy I would worry about creasing. (And using them up quickly!)

lsdptl

I like P&P Vibrancy Eye because it depuffs my bags a TON - as good as the Fast Response cream but so much better texture. It also is a great, light-weight base for eye makeup, plus I actually prefer it to concealer, because it's got luminizing particles in it and my eye issues are bags and texture smoothing, not darkness - most concealer just enhances the fact I've got the bags, while meanwhile, I put a little extra of this on next to the bags (not directly on) and it gives the amazing illusion of filling out the whole area so the bags aren't so obvious - it's a much more natural look on me than concealer. I still use serum and moisturizer too, but I put the Vibrancy Eye on after both of those have sunk in - I even use it if I'm not wearing any eye makeup that day.
I am going to have to try p&p vibrancy. It sounds great!

princess sarah

I love using pearlglides as a base or to smudge for a coloured smokey eye with pigments. I do that alot with Undercurrent and Industrial.
I like P&P Vibrancy Eye because it depuffs my bags a TON - as good as the Fast Response cream but so much better texture. It also is a great, light-weight base for eye makeup, plus I actually prefer it to concealer, because it's got luminizing particles in it and my eye issues are bags and texture smoothing, not darkness - most concealer just enhances the fact I've got the bags, while meanwhile, I put a little extra of this on next to the bags (not directly on) and it gives the amazing illusion of filling out the whole area so the bags aren't so obvious - it's a much more natural look on me than concealer.

I still use serum and moisturizer too, but I put the Vibrancy Eye on after both of those have sunk in - I even use it if I'm not wearing any eye makeup that day.

Anitacska

Has anyone seen swatches of any of these yet? I believe we may get them early in the UK (4-6th December), so it would be nice to know what they actually look like. :)

liba

I saw some paper swatches in person a while back - I talk about them here and there. The most beautiful one for me was the black with gold sparkle - WOW. There was a beautiful iridescent white (I think that one's Angelic?). Deeply Dashing is always a must have - I already wear that one at least once or twice a week.

MRV

OMG! The 1st of Dec is on Saturday already! I must be
sleepy.gif
because I saw my Mac unpack some new stuff yesterday and that did not ring any bells. We usually get everything on the 1st if the stuff arrives. I must go and stalk if I get to see them.

Mac-Guy

It sounds like Europe is getting the new pressed piggies before the US (or at least around the same time).

Latest posts