MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

liba

I may have to try Pixie Epoxy again, perhaps I just was using too much. I have to go easy on those dessicating eye glue thingies, they irritate my sensitive lids. If it works, I would love to buy many of these piggies. I was wondering if the N55 one would work as a brown/tan shadow since my actual lids are probably about a NW(negative) 10 or so?
Deeply Dashing? I love it - seriously wear it a few times a week. It's got a pretty sheer base color, so it just subtly darkens my lids and then gives lots of cool, clear, wet-look shimmer. Overall it's a soft, cool brown. Gorgeous!

martiangurll

Deeply Dashing? I love it - seriously wear it a few times a week. It's got a pretty sheer base color, so it just subtly darkens my lids and then gives lots of cool, clear, wet-look shimmer. Overall it's a soft, cool brown. Gorgeous!
It so hard to find nice cool browns. Most just look ruddy on me.

kimibos

I may order A-England's Shield topcoat, thanks for the tip I've never thought about that one. I was planning on getting some of their new polishes already.

I've always been happy with my OPI polishes actually and I like the colours they have. I can't wait for the Mariah Carey collection and the Central Europe one!
i didnt know a mariah collection was coming... i cant wait either!!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
i want the blue that they just released here cameo. victoriana looks pretty. im with you on small brushes, i have a hard time with the wetn wild, and spoiled ones and even opi because of how big the big brushes.
i like them alot. skyfall doent look that unique to me, and die another day not as special as the the other ones. tswlm is pretty and def more unique so you made the right choice
Quote:
i love reds. i had color so hot.... but i lent it to some one and it never came back to me
ohboy.gif
i had chanel's dragon and used the last drop of it. hahaha they are $29 here, i dont even want to know how much they cost in europe.
i didnt know a mariah collection was coming... i cant wait either!!
Cameo looks amazing, I saw it on T and was like:
jawdrop.gif

kimibos

Cameo looks amazing, I saw it on T and was like:
jawdrop.gif
i know. i was going to recommend you china glaze secret peri-wink-le. maybe we can have a swap in the future. i think that fedex can ship polishes but i would have to go and check prices.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
i know. i was going to recommend you china glaze secret peri-wink-le. maybe we can have a swap in the future. i think that fedex can ship polishes but i would have to go and check prices.
Sure :)
I actually have thought about getting Secret Peri-wink-le a couple of times. But I think I'd like something brighter.
I order polish from the US all the time, they ship with USPS First Class Mail International (I think that is what it's called, LOL).

kimibos

Sure :)
I actually have thought about getting Secret Peri-wink-le a couple of times. But I think I'd like something brighter.
I order polish from the US all the time, they ship with USPS First Class Mail International (I think that is what it's called, LOL).
im going soon to post something for anneri so ill ask. '

MACina

kimibos.....yes,I got my OPI polishes yesterday and I loooooooooove them
eyelove.gif

(Sorry,somehow I can not quote the post!)

Debbs

I wrote down all the names of the pressed pigments from Face and Body. I crossed out the ones I that already have (Spot Lit and Light Touch) and the ones that will now become permanent. I have re-read T's review and looked at all her swatches. I will try to re-swatch the ones that we will not see again that is still available in the stores. I may be able to get 1-2 of them as I saw a few here and there still lingering around at various counters.

kimibos

I have a few from both brands and have been very happy with the quality so far. I also like the fact that they have fairly thin brushes (I have small nail beds).

If you like your blues check out Butter London Victoriana
heart.gif

I love Illamasqua Poke! I know it doesn't get as much love from bloggers as some of its other colours but it's such a beautiful, vibrant purple!
so i went to the website of butter london. have you read the description of victoriana??

Victoriana Nail Lacquer
A textured twinkling vintage pale blue nail lacquer. Things reminiscent of the Victorian era, such as corsets, top hats and Syphilis
lmao.gif

omg i couldnt stop laughing at around 2 am!!!!

BuickMackane

so i went to the website of butter london. have you read the description of victoriana??

Victoriana Nail Lacquer
A textured twinkling vintage pale blue nail lacquer. Things reminiscent of the Victorian era, such as corsets, top hats and Syphilis
lmao.gif

omg i couldnt stop laughing at around 2 am!!!!
LOL. What were they thinking of?

Could be worse though. Are you familiar with Manglaze and their delightful nail polish names?

BuickMackane

I quite like the names myself (at least I can remember them more easily than OPI's variations on Suzi). The artwork they have on the bottles is great too, if you like that kind of thing of course.

The polish itself is good too. My mum borrowed my F.k off and Dye and decided she liked it too much to return it. Haha.

kimibos

I quite like the names myself (at least I can remember them more easily than OPI's variations on Suzi). The artwork they have on the bottles is great too, if you like that kind of thing of course.

The polish itself is good too. My mum borrowed my F.k off and Dye and decided she liked it too much to return it. Haha.
omg hey what polish do you have on?? fk off and dye, hahahha. yes those suzi names are boring now. i love illamasqua's, and nars names. or the thebalm ones.

martiangurll

I am thinking of getting these Pressed Pigments but with all the collections, it is hard to budget for these

Blonde Streak – Light cream (Frost) *
Flicker – Pastel yellow (Frost) *
Deeply Dashing – High pearlized powder in NW55 shade (Frost) °*

Is this Brush perm or do I need to snatch it up now, and do we love it?
215 Brush – Medium Shader Brush (Synthetic Fibre) °