Mac Pro Palettes discussion

meg_curls

I really don't know if I want to stock up on the current palettes or wait. $18 is unreasonable if they are sturdier but having to purchase the insert separately is a pain. I have removed the insert in half my palettes (the one's I don't travel with) but I like the stability of them. But probably not for $9 more. I guess if the bottom is magnetized it shouldn't matter.

mousygiggles

I have an empty blush and 15 palette but bought one each additional extra last night. I might add another if they have them in a month or so.

HoneyMilk

(deleted the banal chit chat at the beginning) So, it looks like I'll be placing an order ASAP.
Arggggg! I will NOT be spending $18 + cost of insert price. Nope nope nope!

Way to piss everyone off MAC! I ordered another 15 pan last night but sheeeet... you can fill that up with just LE items in less than a year.

CartoonChic

Arggggg! I will NOT be spending $18 + cost of insert price. Nope nope nope!

Way to piss everyone off MAC! I ordered another 15 pan last night but sheeeet... you can fill that up with just LE items in less than a year.
rofl.gif
I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCySTWFcnlM&feature=related

OhSoJaded

Tiffany: From my understanding, the new palettes will need to be purchased with separate inserts
Tiffany: I wanted to confirm whether or not the bottom of the palette would be magnetized or would the magnets be on the inserts themselves?
Ivan: I am happy to help. Using the X4 palette we currently have as a reference, the insert themselves will be what is magnetized. The new palettes will look like the current X4 quad we have, just a larger version.
Tiffany: Ah I see, so essentially I would not be able to purchase the palette as is
Tiffany: and put blushes in w/ out the inserts (like a freedom system)?
Ivan: One moment, please, while I check that for you.
Ivan: That is the way the palettes look as of now. Though because we haven't had the chance to physically look at them, there is a possibility that the actual empty palette (with no insert) will be magnetized.

meg_curls

Tiffany: From my understanding, the new palettes will need to be purchased with separate inserts
Tiffany: I wanted to confirm whether or not the bottom of the palette would be magnetized or would the magnets be on the inserts themselves?
Ivan: I am happy to help. Using the X4 palette we currently have as a reference, the insert themselves will be what is magnetized. The new palettes will look like the current X4 quad we have, just a larger version.
Tiffany: Ah I see, so essentially I would not be able to purchase the palette as is
Tiffany: and put blushes in w/ out the inserts (like a freedom system)?
Ivan: One moment, please, while I check that for you.
Ivan: That is the way the palettes look as of now. Though because we haven't had the chance to physically look at them, there is a possibility that the actual empty palette (with no insert) will be magnetized.
Guess that answers my question. Thanks for checking in on this

GlamQueen21

I just ordered another Blush palette and will be ordering a couple more eyeshadow palettes and possibly a couple more blush palettes before they get rid of the old style palettes.

skratikans

I've been waiting sooo long for these palettes to come out...but I have gone ahead and purchased the dome z palettes for my mineralized es and went ahead and purchased a mac 15 shadow palette..no sense in paying extra..

Audrey C

I got the last two 15 pan palettes from the MAC store near work this morning. I didn't bother with blush palettes because I don't depot those. I'm a lot happier with having a couple more of the current style; I can't see me needing more than 3 of those for MAC shadows.

DanceLovesMAC

Have any of you guys heard about the Stars Makeup Haven empty eyeshadow palette? It holds 28 eyeshadows and fits MAC, Urban Decay, Inglot, NYX Nude Matte and many other brands of eyeshadows. I purchased the palettes from the company directly, but they are currently closed. You can still get it at Suite7Beauty for $15 USD. This might be a good alternative for those who are not happy about the MAC price increase.
I have a couple of these palettes. No logo, all black. Definitely not as sturdy as the MAC palettes. My main issue with them is that the MAC pan only eyeshadows that come with the magnets attached don't stick to the pans. They fall out so easily so you really have to be careful with how you handle them. You could of course attach the round steel stickers to the bottoms but then you cover the names and they will no longer stick to any MAC palettes.

XxMoOmOoxX

I have a couple of these palettes. No logo, all black. Definitely not as sturdy as the MAC palettes. My main issue with them is that the MAC pan only eyeshadows that come with the magnets attached don't stick to the pans. They fall out so easily so you really have to be careful with how you handle them. You could of course attach the round steel stickers to the bottoms but then you cover the names and they will no longer stick to any MAC palettes.
I agree that the magnets on the back of the MAC eyeshadows are not as strong as the Inglot and Urban Decay pans, but when I flip my palette upside down, none of the MAC eyeshadows have fallen. I actually like that the magnets on the back of the MAC eyeshadows are not as strong because they're easier to remove from the palette and easier to re-organize. The Inglot and Urban Decay eyeshadows are soooo magnetic that you really have to be careful when you remove them from the palette or else you might nick/damage the eyeshadows.

luvlydee

I am kinda upset that the 15 insert is not included because the pro palette x$4 with the clear top came with the 4 insert and i could remove it if i want since its all magnetized and not glued. I think the insert should have been included. such as shame.

I will still get the palette though since i love how the pro pan x4 looks better than the old one. idk if i will get the insert only because i removed the inserts of my two old 15 pan palettes to fit more shadows lol so unless i buy 3 of these there is no point in buying inserts anytime soon since i have more than 30 pro pans/ depotted shadows.

martiangurll

I agree that the magnets on the back of the MAC eyeshadows are not as strong as the Inglot and Urban Decay pans, but when I flip my palette upside down, none of the MAC eyeshadows have fallen. I actually like that the magnets on the back of the MAC eyeshadows are not as strong because they're easier to remove from the palette and easier to re-organize. The Inglot and Urban Decay eyeshadows are soooo magnetic that you really have to be careful when you remove them from the palette or else you might nick/damage the eyeshadows.
ITA!

Not sure I am digging the inserts. I am thinking of sticking with the old style 15 pan and 4 pan palettes for trips. Z palettes for everything else.

Pinkdollface

I really don't know if I want to stock up on the current palettes or wait. $18 is unreasonable if they are sturdier but having to purchase the insert separately is a pain. I have removed the insert in half my palettes (the one's I don't travel with) but I like the stability of them. But probably not for $9 more. I guess if the bottom is magnetized it shouldn't matter.
The bottom of the old ones wasn't magnetized either I think. I believe it has some kind of metal on the bottom and therefore the magnets on the shadows stick to the palette.

rockin

If anyone is concerned about whether magnets will or will not stick, have you seen the new Stick With It palettes? No magnets required http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvQlbVj52nM

meg_curls

You're welcome, I was wondering that myself. Are you going to stock up on old style palettes/buy some other brand?
I always liked MAC palettes for their slimness and the fact their size fits them perfectly in my traincase, so I never ventured into other brands. I'll probably purchase more of the old style when I can, but that might not be for another week and I hope they are still here. I only have room in my traincase for 5 more palettes though, so that is helpful for setting a limit I guess. I have 15 mac palettes already.
th_crazy2.gif