MAC Prolongwear Paint Pots Collection (February 2013)

BuickMackane

Antique Diamond on T

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-antique-diamond-pro-longwear-paint-pot-review-photos-swatches
Good grief! What on earth has she done in that pic?!?
icon_eek.gif

Audrey C

Good idea! I would do that too, except I think DH would be more likely to ask me that question if he ever saw my list than I would be to ask myself that question, lol. At least I'm sticking to not needing something from every collection this year. Already planning on skipping two or three collections entirely.
My hubby can see my collection up close and personal. It's in the top drawer of our vanity. Here it is:

It's gotten to the 'I'm kind of embarrassed of it' size, although I know it's not big by Specktra standards. Still, how much makeup can I possibly need? There's virtually no chance of hitting pan on any face product other than powder. This drawer is at maximum capacity and I won't let it get any bigger. If it doesn't fit in here, I don't need it.
th_crazy2.gif

BuickMackane

It looks like she tried to put on a thick layer. That's the kinda annoying thing about paint pots, right? You have to build them up.
I only have Bare Study and I use it as an eyeshadow base. So building up the colour has never been an issue for me. Thanks for pointing it out
smiles.gif

Judging by the pic blending is also a problem. If this is how paint pots look when used on their own I'd better stay away from them, particularly the darker shades.

ladyarwen

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-frozen-violet-pro-longwear-paint-pot-review-photos-swatches#more-37835

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-lets-skate-pro-longwear-paint-pot-review-photos-swatches#more-37836

ladyarwen

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-vintage-selection-pro-longwear-paint-pot-review-photos-swatches#more-37837 This one seems to be Christine's favorite.

elegant-one

With blending, do you mean? That's great! What brushes do you like to use with your paint pots? I've always been a powder e/s person and I only recently started venturing into cream products.
Yep, blending, applying, wear. I have this really really awesome applicator.......my finger
lol.gif
I personally find that especially with cream es, they work better if just patted into/onto the lid with my finger. If you look at a lot of MU artists, they always use their fingers to push/pat color onto the skin.

If you need to build up the color, just let it set a bit to dry, then you can pat another layer over it.

BuickMackane

Yep, blending, applying, wear. I have this really really awesome applicator.......my finger
lol.gif
I personally find that especially with cream es, they work better if just patted into/onto the lid with my finger. If you look at a lot of MU artists, they always use their fingers to push/pat color onto the skin.

If you need to build up the color, just let it set a bit to dry, then you can pat another layer over it.
Thanks!
flower.gif

I usually apply Bare Study with my finger too but I don't know if I can be precise enough with darker colours. I'm still getting the hang of it
lol.gif

valkolak

I only have Bare Study and I use it as an eyeshadow base. So building up the colour has never been an issue for me. Thanks for pointing it out
smiles.gif

Judging by the pic blending is also a problem. If this is how paint pots look when used on their own I'd better stay away from them, particularly the darker shades.
Remember too that in some of these pics Christine didn't even try to blend it I think because she was only testing the wear. I imagine she has so much to test that she doesn't take the time to do a complete look all the time.

valkolak

The trick for me is to use one finger to pat it on, and a clean finger to blend it out
I need to try that. I usually apply with a finger and blend out with a 217. The weird thing is I always apply Maybelline color tattoos the way you described but I've never done that with paint pots. :p

Corally

I always apply and blend out with my fingers and sometimes blend a bit more with a 217-type brush. But usually my fingers do the trick. :) ETA: Not loving the look of Frozen Violet so far.. Vintage Selection looks nice though.

sleepyeyedgirl

Wonder why they changed it to prolongwear if the ingredients are the exact same.
I was looking at the ingredient list on the originally released paint pots and it appears that there is one ingredient that is different..."Calcium aluminum borosilicate." This ingredient seems to be missing from the new Prolong wear formula. Also, although the rest of the ingredients remain the same they are not listed in the same order, i.e. "silica." Silica is listed as the 5th ingredient in the original formula, as opposed to 8th in the prolongwear formula...meaning there is less silica in the new formula.

I'm not sure how this affects the wear of the products, but I am sure that this small change is why they are allowed to call it a new product, since the formula is now different, as slight as that may be.