MAC Prolongwear Paint Pots Collection (February 2013)

erine1881

Wonder why they changed it to prolongwear if the ingredients are the exact same.
I was gonna say the same thing! I checked too!
I was looking at the ingredient list on the originally released paint pots and it appears that there is one ingredient that is different..."Calcium aluminum borosilicate." This ingredient seems to be missing from the new Prolong wear formula. Also, although the rest of the ingredients remain the same they are not listed in the same order, i.e. "silica." Silica is listed as the 5th ingredient in the original formula, as opposed to 8th in the prolongwear formula...meaning there is less silica in the new formula. I'm not sure how this affects the wear of the products, but I am sure that this small change is why they are allowed to call it a new product, since the formula is now different, as slight as that may be.
The ingredients for one of the new ones she posted (can't remember which now) is the exact same, and in the exact same order, as rubenesque. 100% the same. :hmm: Just proves my initial theory that they're the exact same product with the exact same formula (varying slightly based on colour). I think people are more likely to buy a product with "pro longwear" in the name.

ChosenOne

My hubby can see my collection up close and personal. It's in the top drawer of our vanity. Here it is:

It's gotten to the 'I'm kind of embarrassed of it' size, although I know it's not big by Specktra standards. Still, how much makeup can I possibly need? There's virtually no chance of hitting pan on any face product other than powder. This drawer is at maximum capacity and I won't let it get any bigger. If it doesn't fit in here, I don't need it.
th_crazy2.gif
Wow, so organized! I recently got a lipstick organizer, but am still looking for better ways to store everything else. I actually have a tower of 6 drawers that's a few feet high, the top 4 drawers of which are shallower than the bottom two. The top 3 drawers are my main makeup drawers. Top is lips, second is eyes, third is foundation/blushes/highlighters/etc. Oh, and the fourth drawer has my small n/p collection and my very few makeup backups. Love how organized your drawer looks though...I think I need to take another look at ways to get my own stash so nice! I don't think your stash is anything to be embarrassed about, but I like your "if it doesn't fit, I don't need it" way of thinking. My lipstick organizer holds 60 lipsticks, and I have a similar mindset as you: If it gets filled up, some old lipsticks have to go before I get any new ones!

erine1881

Wow, so organized!  I recently got a lipstick organizer, but am still looking for better ways to store everything else.  I actually have a tower of 6 drawers that's a few feet high, the top 4 drawers of which are shallower than the bottom two.  The top 3 drawers are my main makeup drawers.  Top is lips, second is eyes, third is foundation/blushes/highlighters/etc.  Oh, and the fourth drawer has my small n/p collection and my very few makeup backups.  Love how organized your drawer looks though...I think I need to take another look at ways to get my own stash so nice!  I don't think your stash is anything to be embarrassed about, but I like your "if it doesn't fit, I don't need it" way of thinking.  My lipstick organizer holds 60 lipsticks, and I have a similar mindset as you: If it gets filled up, some old lipsticks have to go before I get any new ones! 
Is it an alex!?

MACerette

Maybe they decided to add the pro longwear bit because tendertones intensify and prolong the wear of your shadows as it is and the term only emphasizes that? I agree it must be a marketing strategy though...

Come to think of it: I haven't bought any pro longwear blushes or eyeshadows. Are these dramatically better than the regular ones? I skipped the Office Hours collection... How I wish my skin would love the pro longwear foundation, because I sure do. I ended up returning it yesterday after 4 attempts. In between those attempts giving my skin the chance to recuperate, but alas... I just get an allergic reaction to it and Matchmaster too. The concealer is no problem but the foundation is. I am so jealous of all those ladies that can use any old product without experiencing problems... Even those that get an occassional reaction.
sigh.gif

Ok, back to topic now...

BuickMackane

Remember too that in some of these pics Christine didn't even try to blend it I think because she was only testing the wear. I imagine she has so much to test that she doesn't take the time to do a complete look all the time.
Good point. What threw me off is that she usually blends stuff out when she does looks using multiple shadows. Either way, I'm sticking to lighter shades until I get a bit more practice using Paint Pots on their own.

Mac-Guy

Good point. What threw me off is that she usually blends stuff out when she does looks using multiple shadows. Either way, I'm sticking to lighter shades until I get a bit more practice using Paint Pots on their own.
It's hard to blend two p/p as they usually dry before you can do a lot of blending. However, as most people usually put an e/s on top, it does make a big difference to the end result.

BuickMackane

It's hard to blend two p/p as they usually dry before you can do a lot of blending. However, as most people usually put an e/s on top, it does make a big difference to the end result.
Yes, that's what I've done so far too. Although Bare Study is a very light colour I find that it noticeably intensifies the shade I put over it. Perhaps darker paint pots will make darker colours pop a lot more?

Mac-Guy

Yes, that's what I've done so far too. Although Bare Study is a very light colour I find that it noticeably intensifies the shade I put over it. Perhaps darker paint pots will make darker colours pop a lot more?
Personally, I prefer the lighter shades, but if you wear smokey eyes on a regular basis, go for a darker p/p :)

Mac-Guy

Speaking of early (not!!!!) notifications from MAC: I just received an email that the p/p are online from MAC Pro. :)

VioletPearl

I'm kind of disappointed after seeing the swatches of the two new shades... :(
Vintage Selection looks the best.
I can't wait to swatch them in person on friday to see how they actually perform.

Spanky

Hi, if anyone gets a flier with the girl & the cat, can you PLMK. I have an unhealthy obsession with my Persian cat. Please PM me, I'd love to get this. Thank you in advance!

Shellcat

I am passing on Antique Diamond and getting Benefit's Skinny Jeans as well.

Hm.. maybe I should pick up Skinny Jeans instead. I love the creaseless cream eyeshadow formula so.
tong.gif
They don't really look similar though if I compare swatches.

Latest posts