MAC Prolongwear Paint Pots Collection (February 2013)

martiangurll

I ordered AD and FV but couldn't decide between LMP or VS. I wanted to wait for the Baking Beauty PP before I narrow down the list further. Too many cream products could go bad before I use them all. Is anyone loving LMP? How close is it to Rubenesque???

lilinah

I haven't picked up any from the new release yet - i'm planning to get Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond but i had to get my Archies first. But, since i already have Let's Skate from Glitter and Ice, in honor of it i did an eye thing i loved. I thought it was really beautiful. Sorry no photos (i really should have tried), but i wrote it down so i could do it again.
[Note, if it doesn't say what company it's from, it's MAC]

1. I covered my lids from lashes to a bit above the crease with Let’s Skate Paint Pot (pale slightly warm pink with pearl & gold shimmer)
(I can't remember but i may have applied a little Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Metallic Eyeshadow in Inked in Pink 55 (metallic warm pink) on my lids toward my nose)
2. In the center of my crease & lid Bloom On Pro Longwear Eye Shadow (matte pale-tone rose)
3. In outer crease Endless Passion Pro Longwear Eye Shadow (matte mid-tone rose)
4. Then i lined my eyes above and below with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Ransom (dark violet with blue iridescence) drawing it up and out in two thin lines - kind of a two-pronged cat eye - i wear glasses, so it ends up not as extreme as it might sound.
5. Then i went right over Ransom with UD Eye Pencil in 1999 (glimmering plum). 1999 alone would be a bit too much pink/plum and might make me look red-eye tired, plus the darker line made more contrast and made my eyes stand out more).
6. Then only on my eye lid i painted a line just above the dark liner with Feminine Edge Fluidline (pink mauve with dazzle pearl)
7. Finally i curled my lashes and applied Zoom Fast Lash mascara in New Hue (blackened burgundy)

8. After all that i was feeling too lazy to put on foundation. I just dusted MSF Natural in Light Plus on my forehead, nose, apples of my cheeks, and chin.
9. On my cheek bones, Casual Colour Lip & Cheek Cream Pot in Lazy Sunday - (very cool, very pale baby pink) using a 130 brush.
10. Highlight on and above the cheek bones, NARS Highlighting Blush in New Order (lavender pink with gold shimmer & silver sparkles).
11. In the hollow below my cheek bones, Estee Lauder Blushing Natural Cheek Color in Violette Dream (matte lilac mauve) i think it's from the 1990s - MAC should make a color like this!

This lasted for 12 hours with very little fallout - really, only a few tiny sparkles just below my eyes - mostly hidden by my eyeglasses.

My skin is 15-20 neutral, i have dark hazel eyes, i'm old and my eyelids are crepe-y and dark, but this made my eyes look bright and fresh. I play around with colors a lot, but rarely do i want to repeat a look - this one was a real keeper for me. I'm definitely going to do this again.

martiangurll

I haven't picked up any from the new release yet - i'm planning to get Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond but i had to get my Archies first. But, since i already have Let's Skate from Glitter and Ice, in honor of it i did an eye thing i loved. I thought it was really beautiful. Sorry no photos (i really should have tried), but i wrote it down so i could do it again.
[Note, if it doesn't say what company it's from, it's MAC]

1. I covered my lids from lashes to a bit above the crease with Let’s Skate Paint Pot (pale slightly warm pink with pearl & gold shimmer)
(I can't remember but i may have applied a little Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Metallic Eyeshadow in Inked in Pink 55 (metallic warm pink) on my lids toward my nose)
2. In the center of my crease & lid Bloom On Pro Longwear Eye Shadow (matte pale-tone rose)
3. In outer crease Endless Passion Pro Longwear Eye Shadow (matte mid-tone rose)
4. Then i lined my eyes above and below with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Ransom (dark violet with blue iridescence) drawing it up and out in two thin lines - kind of a two-pronged cat eye - i wear glasses, so it ends up not as extreme as it might sound.
5. Then i went right over Ransom with UD Eye Pencil in 1999 (glimmering plum). 1999 alone would be a bit too much pink/plum and might make me look red-eye tired, plus the darker line made more contrast and made my eyes stand out more).
6. Then only on my eye lid i painted a line just above the dark liner with Feminine Edge Fluidline (pink mauve with dazzle pearl)
7. Finally i curled my lashes and applied Zoom Fast Lash mascara in New Hue (blackened burgundy)

8. After all that i was feeling too lazy to put on foundation. I just dusted MSF Natural in Light Plus on my forehead, nose, apples of my cheeks, and chin.
9. On my cheek bones, Casual Colour Lip & Cheek Cream Pot in Lazy Sunday - (very cool, very pale baby pink) using a 130 brush.
10. Highlight on and above the cheek bones, NARS Highlighting Blush in New Order (lavender pink with gold shimmer & silver sparkles).
11. In the hollow below my cheek bones, Estee Lauder Blushing Natural Cheek Color in Violette Dream (matte lilac mauve) i think it's from the 1990s - MAC should make a color like this!

This lasted for 12 hours with very little fallout - really, only a few tiny sparkles just below my eyes - mostly hidden by my eyeglasses.

My skin is 15-20 neutral, i have dark hazel eyes, i'm old and my eyelids are crepe-y and dark, but this made my eyes look bright and fresh. I play around with colors a lot, but rarely do i want to repeat a look - this one was a real keeper for me. I'm definitely going to do this again.
Note to self, "Acquire Bloom On with next order". That sounds lovely. I think I have most of those products or dupes.

Anyone whose gotten Antique Diamond and can compare with Cash Flow PP???????

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
DC - left, FV - right [snip]

Thanks so much! I know i want Frozen Violet (Team Purple - if it's just silver mauve), but i was also toying with getting Dangerous Cuvée. Now i know i don't want DC because it's too cold. I prefer the warmth of FV.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll
I ordered AD and FV but couldn't decide between LMP or VS. I wanted to wait for the Baking Beauty PP before I narrow down the list further. Too many cream products could go bad before I use them all. Is anyone loving LMP? How close is it to Rubenesque???

I meant to test the Paint Pots when i went into my local MAC on Monday - i photoed swatches from Archies and VG N2, but forgot to test the PPs, which i remembered as i was driving away. Grrrr. Arrrrgh.

I'll try to make some swatch pics tomorrow. I, too, have been considering LMP and VS - and i, too, have Rubenesque. Off the top of my head, i think Rubenesque is a lighter and more golden peach than either, but the proof is in the putting... it on and swatching it. (pun intended)

elegant-one

Thanks so much! I know i want Frozen Violet (Team Purple - if it's just silver mauve), but i was also toying with getting Dangerous Cuvée. Now i know i don't want DC because it's too cold. I prefer the warmth of FV.
Pretty much a greyed muted silver mauve - yes. DC is more on the cool blue side than FV. I love both of them on.

FV is just so lovely with LMP

VioletPearl

I just got home from my MAC store, swatched all the Paint Pots.

I planned buying Antique Diamond and Frozen Violet but I ended up with Dangerous Cuvée only. :D:D:D

I swatched FV and DC side by side and on me DC seemed more purple, I just don't get, it is really strange.
I decided to buy DC beacuse the formula of it was smoother than FV and also was a lot more pigmented.

I also loved Antique Diamond, but I decided not to get it, maybe next time.
Vintage Selection was really nice as well but it wasn't love at first sight/touch. :D

So, I was really good, only bought one PP.
cheerleader.gif

Supercoolstephy

I went to my store yesterday to look at Archie's but saw that they also had the PP and tried them out. I didn't come out with anything because i'm waiting since they are perm. I'd say that for me the best was Vintage Selection... which I didn't even really want until I tried it out. I'm totally going to go back and get it...maybe one other but oh man. It's so pretty.

lilinah

OK, here are swatches of all the Paint Pots. Sorry, I forgot to bring Rubenesque with me
001_unsure.gif
The photos were taken in sunlight in late afternoon, so the color is skewing slightly toward yellow.

From top to bottom:
Chilled On Ice
Let's Skate!
Vintage Selection
Let Me Pop
Antique Diamond
Dangerous Cuvee
Frozen Violet
Blackground

Debbs

Got my black box today (one down, one to go). I peeped at my snakes but afraid to touch them.....yet (put away till I finish a few things). They all look puurrty esp the box sleeve!!!!. I tried Winterized Mes with FV PP and the beautiful shimmer that came thru was simply amazing. Absolutely beautiful!!! Off the top of my head I plan to experiment with Vintage Selection +Paradisco and Expensive Pink

Yazmin

I swatched most of these today. The only one I really liked was Frozen Violet, but I could take it or leave it - paint pots are what my creases eat for breakfast.

I wouldn't say that FV and Dangerous Cuvee were dupes, but they were close enough that I don't want both. Everything else, I had something similar in a color tattoo or doublewear eye creme.

califabulous

OK, here are swatches of all the Paint Pots. Sorry, I forgot to bring Rubenesque with me
001_unsure.gif
The photos were taken in sunlight in late afternoon, so the color is skewing slightly toward yellow.

From top to bottom:
Chilled On Ice
Let's Skate!
Vintage Selection
Let Me Pop
Antique Diamond
Dangerous Cuvee
Frozen Violet
Blackground

thanks for the swatches!!!! I guess it's vintage selection and antique diamond. I am trying to make this olive, green, gold, bronze thing work. I think AD will help me pull a look together. I want to use it under nars paramaribo (sp?) duo and see what happens. and vintage selection is just so gorgeous. peach gold and dirty?? yep i want it
clap.gif

VioletPearl

I decided to get VS (
devil.gif
) but all MAC stores were sold out here yesterday.
icon_eek.gif

In 3 days...
But they said it will be permanent here as well, so I have to wait until the end of February when they will get their next supply...
Oh well... At least I will get it some day.

Mac-Guy

I decided to get VS (
devil.gif
) but all MAC stores were sold out here yesterday.
icon_eek.gif

In 3 days...
But they said it will be permanent here as well, so I have to wait until the end of February when they will get their next supply...
Oh well... At least I will get it some day.
A lot of US locations have the same problem with new "permanent" items. While new products are seemingly permanent, once they sold out, it might takes months until there is a mini-restock. If I like a new "perm" product, I usually buy it immediately.

Hopefully, you'll get what you want.

Mac-Guy

FV is an amazing base for the Interior Life quad and Cloudy Afternoon MES.
eyelove.gif
If you have those shadows, you should try it with FV.

VioletPearl

A lot of US locations have the same problem with new "permanent" items. While new products are seemingly permanent, once they sold out, it might takes months until there is a mini-restock. If I like a new "perm" product, I usually buy it immediately.

Hopefully, you'll get what you want.
I should have gotten it on Friday...
ohboy.gif

I hope they will get it soon...

VioletPearl

How much stock does your store usually get?
Yaaay, I got Vintage Selection! I forgot about the 4th MAC store in my city (we have 4 MAC stores in the whole country all of them in the capital).
I never go to that store, it is completly out of my zone, so I forgot about it totally.
But I called them this early afternoon and they had 3 in stock. (which actually surprised me cause this store is at the middle of the center, a really busy palce with full of tourist)
So I went to this store after work and I was surprised that they still have a lot of from the eyeshadows from the Marylin collection as well.
But I suppose they get bigger stock than the other 3 stores I know.
(The one that I go to the most is actually only a partner-shop-as they told me- so they receive smaller amount of every product.)
But I don't know exact numbers... The only thing I know that for example they only got 3 (!!!) pieces of Whisper of Guilt with Glamourdaze and all of them was sold on the prevew night,
so when they launched the collection WoG was sold out... (Luckily me and my sister were invited to the event and she could buy one of them cause she was eyeing it since months...)
So it is kind of a big competition here to get some products...
But at least I managed to get VS! :)
I'm so happy!
fluffy.gif

Anitacska

That is so typical of Hungary... Everything is concentrated in and around Budapest. Can you order online at all? Or do you have to travel to Budapest if you want to buy Mac? Glad you got VS though. :)

Yaaay, I got Vintage Selection! I forgot about the 4th MAC store in my city (we have 4 MAC stores in the whole country all of them in the capital).
I never go to that store, it is completly out of my zone, so I forgot about it totally.
But I called them this early afternoon and they had 3 in stock. (which actually surprised me cause this store is at the middle of the center, a really busy palce with full of tourist)
So I went to this store after work and I was surprised that they still have a lot of from the eyeshadows from the Marylin collection as well.
But I suppose they get bigger stock than the other 3 stores I know.
(The one that I go to the most is actually only a partner-shop-as they told me- so they receive smaller amount of every product.)
But I don't know exact numbers... The only thing I know that for example they only got 3 (!!!) pieces of Whisper of Guilt with Glamourdaze and all of them was sold on the prevew night,
so when they launched the collection WoG was sold out... (Luckily me and my sister were invited to the event and she could buy one of them cause she was eyeing it since months...)
So it is kind of a big competition here to get some products...
But at least I managed to get VS! :)
I'm so happy!
fluffy.gif