MAC Quite Cute Discussion

OctoberViolet

MAC has always been very fast w/my online orders. If I had been able to order today, I would probably get my stuff by Wednesday.
pompom.gif

When you order online from MAC how soon do they deliver?

Alisha1

The US site always has new collections before the UK site and I hate seeing the old collections in the whats new tab aswell!
Hope it comes up soon!

KaShaeD

Hello Everyone! Well, I've taken my kids and myself to and from school and still no QUITE CUTE. If I wasn't afraid that Sakura, Candy Yum Yum, and the Quite Cute l/s were going to sell out fast, I would NOT be stressing like a fiend (lol).

tismama

haha this is crazy. this is the last collection that i'm obsessing over. i really want candy yum yum. i know for a fact when i got my wonder woman stuff it was on a monday night and it was before midnight....

tismama

i don't know why this one feels like it's taking so much longer than the others. @elagent-one that's too true! lol

mac_aiken

After seeing CYY IRL today on a variety of different women I feel I can safely say you must do some serious lip care before attempting this one. Exfoliate, balm and then Prep and Prime Lip.

I think you could get the same color using Magenta Madness piggie and clear gloss.

shontay07108

I don't know why I'm still hanging out here when I said I was skipping. I was thinking, though: what if I put my mufe clear, sparkly gloss over CYY lipstick? It wouldn't change the color, but it would add a bit of dazzle to keep my lips from looking cracked and crazy the way Mattes tend to do on me. However, sometimes when I try to put a gloss over a lipstick or liner, it seems like the gloss makes the color underneath breakdown or separate. Not all the time, but enough to make me hesitant. Oh, decisions, decisions. :eek:hboy:

mac_aiken

Shontay, honestly, you can skip this one. I think you would just end up taking it back.

I don't know why I'm still hanging out here when I said I was skipping. I was thinking, though: what if I put my mufe clear, sparkly gloss over CYY lipstick? It wouldn't change the color, but it would add a bit of dazzle to keep my lips from looking cracked and crazy the way Mattes tend to do on me. However, sometimes when I try to put a gloss over a lipstick or liner, it seems like the gloss makes the color underneath breakdown or separate. Not all the time, but enough to make me hesitant. Oh, decisions, decisions.
ohboy.gif

shontay07108

[quote name="mac_aiken" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/2010#post_2102417"]
After seeing CYY IRL today on a variety of different women I feel I can safely say you must do some serious lip care before attempting this one. Exfoliate, balm and then Prep and Prime Lip.

I think you could get the same color using Magenta Madness piggie and clear gloss.
[/quote] Oh, wow. Did anyone look insane wearing it? Like, you could tell they had some trouble with it? Hey, Elegant, what are you getting from this collection? Just wondering.

shontay07108

[quote name="mac_aiken" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/2010#post_2102421"]Shontay, honestly, you can skip this one. I think you would just end up taking it back.

[/quote] Something tells me you're right. I have several hot pinks, including Schiap by Nars. I wasn't initially interested in Play Time, but what do you think about that? I'm trying to have my mind made up before this thing goes online because I don't want to get all frazzled.

mac_aiken

Actually EVERYONE had a bit of trouble with this one. It is one of those colors that looks amazing from a distance but up close it can be a hot mess. It actually looked better without gloss to me but that is just my opinion.

And yes Miss Elegant what are you getting from this one?

Hey, Elegant, what are you getting from this collection? Just wondering.

Baby1black

o.k i just came from my mac counter and candy yum yum was already sold out,I do think the ma got all of them cause she kept asking me if i knew when it will launch online. she said she will get 6.holy shmooly!I did preorder sakura,but i am still on the fence about it. The ma put it wet on me, and although i really like the color sometimes i feel the texture of the blush makes it look powdery. I posted these pics with me wearing it. i do not know i will need to check more swatches before deciding. sorry i know i look like crap but i have not makeup on except for the blush and nyx magenta lip liner with up the amp. I did try cany yum yum and the texture is dry dry dry. however the ma put playtime first,which by the way is very sheer,so maybe not for pigmented lips,and then she put on top candy yum yum. it looked moisturised. i will try to get it online but i hope i will be able to get one before that ma takes all away!

Baby1black

and one more thing did anyone like playing koi. i absolutley loved the color,but by the time i actually tried it my lips were so screwd up by candy yum yum that it was a mess when i put playing koi. i wish mac would have made it a creamsheen,but i think i might go swatch it another day and prep my lips before hand.

elegant-one

o.k i just came from my mac counter and candy yum yum was already sold out,I do think the ma got all of them cause she kept asking me if i knew when it will launch online. she said she will get 6.holy shmooly!I did preorder sakura,but i am still on the fence about it. The ma put it wet on me, and although i really like the color sometimes i feel the texture of the blush makes it look powdery. I posted these pics with me wearing it. i do not know i will need to check more swatches before deciding. sorry i know i look like crap but i have not makeup on except for the blush and nyx magenta lip liner with up the amp. I did try cany yum yum and the texture is dry dry dry. however the ma put playtime first,which by the way is very sheer,so maybe not for pigmented lips,and then she put on top candy yum yum. it looked moisturised. i will try to get it online but i hope i will be able to get one before that ma takes all away!

Well I think that blush looks really really pretty on you - with that lip color - great!

I have really pigmented lips, but I think I will get Playtime.

baghdad81

I have been checking the mac website since last tuesday!!! And refreshing all the time (at work, when I get back home, when i first wake up, before i go to sleep!!)...and I am not even sure what I am getting! This is getting so frustrating it's really the first collection I was really excited about!! (my first...will always remember it!)...I was initially excited for Saint Germain until I recently found it in a store (sold out like crazy!) but now I think imma take home the blushes, and CYY and Playing Koi! that's it i think!

Latest posts