MAC Quite Cute Discussion

peachsuns

What a cute collection!
eyelove.gif
Thank you so much for the link, OctoberViolet!
greengrin.gif

I found a website w/a photo of the entire collection. My question is first. How are some people getting the items so early? Do they have a family member that works at MAC? This photo isn't the best. I am waiting for better photos & swatches to come this way.

In the meantime. Enjoy.

http://plixi.com/p/74301887

GlammySammy

Ahhhh!! This is just all too much for me haha I'm so excited for those blushes I can hardly contain myself!
The purple lippy I was eyeing (hoping it might be a Lavender Whip dupe) but it does look rather dark in the pic! Hopefully it swatches lighter than appears
Thanks so much for the link OctoberViolet!

I found a website w/a photo of the entire collection. My question is first. How are some people getting the items so early? Do they have a family member that works at MAC? This photo isn't the best. I am waiting for better photos & swatches to come this way.

In the meantime. Enjoy.

http://plixi.com/p/74301887

GlammySammy

I believe I was mistaken about the purple lippy... I'm guessing the 2nd from the left is Play Time and the last one is actually Quite Cute (the LW dupe I was wanting) so maybe there is still hope after all!

shadowaddict

Quote:
The promo pictures for this collection are amazing. I want posters of them haha.
iagree.gif
I love the promo pic and do for most collections. Since MAC rarely sends out postcards anymore I think they should do a booklet every year or two with the promo pics to purchase.

shontay07108

I really wish I could wear mineral products because those blushes are so cute. They aren't really shades that I need, though so that's good. The lipsticks and glosses look good to me. I just love the idea of this collection. I can't wait to get the glosses that ordered from the wholesale site.

LMD84

awesome picture of the whole collection together! and how cute is the promo picture?! hell yeah!

evilpoptart

Looks like there are five plushglasses there, maybe one we don't know about yet? I am stalking my ma and will lie cheat steal kill to get one of those promo pics. I am so excited for this, can't wait for the swatches and close up pics of the items.

MissAbbyLovesIt

After seeing this picture, so far I want

I U - Creamy mid-tone purple (I'm guessing this is the really lavender looking plushglass in the picture; 3rd one from the left)
Playing Koi and Quite Cute (unless for some reason either of these swatch horribly)
Miss Behave Mineralize Blush--?

The Miss Behave blush a maybe for me because I'm questioning if its worth $23 since someone said it takes a few layers to get the color to show. I'll have to wait for more swatches I guess

Eleentje

Thanks for posting the new pic, OctoberViolet!
I won't be getting any plushglasses, and I think I should be able to reduce my wish list to just 1 blush, 1 lipstick , 1 lip liner and the quad.
The promo images are awesome!!!

To answer your question, OctoberViolet:
Some (if not all?) collections come out much earlier in Asia, so the images of upcoming collections often appear on Asian blogs first.
Sometimes Mac holds their own unveiling events and sometimes they participate in special events, when various brands showcase their upcoming products (I know that happened with Peacocky).
Obviously it also helps, when you're good friends with a Mac MUA or someone in their PR department, although with the "information ban" Mac recently imposed on its employees, it has become a tad more difficult to get preliminary information on collections and swatches.

rockin

I'm interested in the quad, and maybe one or two of the lipsticks, depending on swatches. Not sure why, but I actually find the promo image a little disturbing.

dxgirly

Hmmmm I wonder why there's an extra Plushglass in that picture..... anywhoo, I'm still liking what I see. Swatches for the lip products next please!

katred

Specktra Bestie
YAY! Thanks October Violet! My one slight disappointment is that the purple lipstick looks an awful lot like Violetta. Then again, as you said, the photo isn't incredibly detailed, so it's difficult to call one way or the other. Honestly, if that's the biggest problem with the collection, I'm not going crying to anyone.

hoshiakari_

^
iagree.gif

Thanks for the pic, OctoberViolet!
I'm loving the look of the second lippie from the left, the purple one.
heart.gif

I'm kind of bummed the nail lacquers aren't there, but no biggie. ^_^