MAC Quite Cute Discussion

ThePowderPuff

I never wear plushglass, they irritate my lips too much, but when I tested these the smell surprised me. Given that I don't remember how a plushglass is supposed to smell I don't know if they are the normal plushglass smell. Are they?

I thought it was extremely sweet and over scented. Like sweet coconut cake or something. Do all plushglass smell like this?
Any opinions on this?

Leeny

I never wear plushglass, they irritate my lips too much, but when I tested these the smell surprised me. Given that I don't remember how a plushglass is supposed to smell I don't know if they are the normal plushglass smell. Are they?

I thought it was extremely sweet and over scented. Like sweet coconut cake or something. Do all plushglass smell like this?
I just dug out my Posh It Up plushglass and it has the same sweet coconutty scent. It's not as strong as the QC ones that I got but I've had PIU for awhile so maybe the scent is fading a bit (compared to brand new plushglass).

I kind of like the scent at first and then it gets a bit cloying (I'm weird with smells LOL).

Hope that helps. :)

ladyarwen

I got another set of the buttons with my order today since I bought Boldly Bare. I might send them to my BFF...

Lambie_mac

^ I actually have about 4 sets of buttons now (1 set is only 3 of them though, the rest is 4)! I ordered from quite cute once and then misc stuff twice, and then fashion flower. I feel like a button hoarder :/

MACina

yahoo.gif
....I am so happy that I was able to get a set of buttons too!

They are sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuute
heart.gif

foxxylatina07

That's horrible! I would have freaked out too. I have a spider phobia too. I tried to get over it by letting a tarantula walk over my hands (there was another person holding his hands very close to the spider to control where it was walking, otherwise i would have never had the courage), but it didn't work. I'm a bit less afraid for the smaller spiders, but those big ones still freak me out. Now i have goozebumps
tong.gif

Omg seriously?!! A tarantula?! I'd be screaming and crying my head off. Just the thought of that gives ME goosebumps.
On another note thank you guys for the comments you guys have no idea how I felt that day I thought I was going to get worse but you guys made me feel better =) I got to try on CYY and I loved the way it looked on me. I will eventually take a few pics that way you guys can see how it looks on me =)

Pinkdollface

I'm happy you like CYY!
I wish the tarantula would have helped me getting over my fear of spiders, but at least i can tell stories about me having a tarantula on my hand
tong.gif

Omg seriously?!! A tarantula?! I'd be screaming and crying my head off. Just the thought of that gives ME goosebumps. On another note thank you guys for the comments you guys have no idea how I felt that day I thought I was going to get worse but you guys made me feel better =) I got to try on CYY and I loved the way it looked on me. I will eventually take a few pics that way you guys can see how it looks on me =)

littlepickle

Quite Cute launches here on Monday the 9th - my birthday! The event for it is not til the 13th though, the MUAs initially said it would be the 9th as well. Ah well, I will be there at 9AM on Monday with my sister to grab Giggly & Sakura and then off for breakfast! Mmmm french toast. Or eggs benedict. Hmm.

BeckyBenett

Quite Cute launches here on Monday the 9th - my birthday! The event for it is not til the 13th though, the MUAs initially said it would be the 9th as well. Ah well, I will be there at 9AM on Monday with my sister to grab Giggly & Sakura and then off for breakfast! Mmmm french toast. Or eggs benedict. Hmm.
how exciting! i hve giggly and im loving it!! my fav item though is play time (surprisingly).. haha..

enjoy ur breakfast as well!

Catatonia

I adore Candy Yum Yum and I love wearing it even though sometimes I'm not even brave enough to wear a red lipstick. But hey, it's neon pink so I can't resist it
th_worship.gif

The problem is my friends daughter grabbed it from my bag without us noticing it and now it's gone (I won't even describe what she did with cuz it it's too painfull lol
crybaby.gif
). So thank you for Piarpreet for those swatches, I'll definitely grab Barry M #52, looks like a close match. Hopefully I'll manage to get my hands on CYY too, I'm not giving up hope just yet
sigh.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
CYY and almost the whole collection is available again on the german MAC site. I'd get a backup of it and Giggly, but need to save for Fashion Flower and Semi Precious.

And I finally have those cute little pins, which I didn't get with my orders. But someone from the german beauty forum I'm in read that I really wanted those and offered me to send me her second set of them for free. That was really sweet of her I think.

Piarpreet

what happened!!!!????? maybe u can depot it????? use it with a brush? :O# 52 is soooo close u wont notice the difference. ull show up to a MAC counter and test if they guess!

I adore Candy Yum Yum and I love wearing it even though sometimes I'm not even brave enough to wear a red lipstick. But hey, it's neon pink so I can't resist it
th_worship.gif

The problem is my friends daughter grabbed it from my bag without us noticing it and now it's gone (I won't even describe what she did with cuz it it's too painfull lol
crybaby.gif
). So thank you for Piarpreet for those swatches, I'll definitely grab Barry M #52, looks like a close match. Hopefully I'll manage to get my hands on CYY too, I'm not giving up hope just yet
sigh.gif

Piarpreet

if we get CYY again in the US i'll have mixed feelings.... good for the ones who couldnt get it bad cos i payed 25 bucks for my 3 backups :S

CYY and almost the whole collection is available again on the german MAC site. I'd get a backup of it and Giggly, but need to save for Fashion Flower and Semi Precious.

And I finally have those cute little pins, which I didn't get with my orders. But someone from the german beauty forum I'm in read that I really wanted those and offered me to send me her second set of them for free. That was really sweet of her I think.

LMD84

aw that was very sweet of her! that is great you have some pins!

LMD84

Does anyone know of any counters/stores that still have CYY in stock? And that would ship? Long shot, I know.

try calling the mac gone but not forgotten line - they will track it down for you and tell you how much shipping will be :) worth a shot!

Prettypackages

I got one last week from NOrdstrom. I called and they did a dwts order and it came. They told they were sold out in the company and it would be long shot, but I still got it.
Does anyone know of any counters/stores that still have CYY in stock? And that would ship? Long shot, I know.

Piarpreet

I tried gone but not forgotten the week after it wasnt online....its been 3 weeks and nothing. After seeing the Barry M lippies I wouldnt waste my time or money or hope.
Nordstrom charges more for shipping than the lippie itself!

Catatonia

She crushed it between her fingers and painted stuff on her bedroom wall with it
th_confused_new.gif
. There's tiny bit left at the base, but luckily my ISO was a success, bought one
th_DANCE.gif
And the Barry M dupes are on its' way, can't wait!