MAC Quite Cute Discussion

Jessie May

I must have just missed both of you two other Wellington shoppers! I went in to Kirks on my lunch break and was surprised at how quiet it was!

I just got Candy Yum Yum, Quite Cute and Sakura Blush... Quite Cute wasn't on my list but I was super surprised that it looked nice on me! There's a few other things that I want but I will wait until the Friday event to see what is still left and decide!

edit ; I just finished reading your posts properly and UGH I'm so mad Auckland got the claw machine!! Grr..

Haha we all seemed to have just missed each other. Sakura is at the top of my want list, Was going to buy it today when I saw how gorgeous it is in real life but my boyfriend stopped from buying on impulse incase I regretted it but instead of regretting an impulse buy I regret not buying it.

Piarpreet

Barry M 52/62 Ive posted swatches. I wouldn't cry when there is a decent dupe.52 is closest, but if u r into saint germain maybe 62 which might be a combo of both!

I had my heart set on Giggly, but didn't like it as much in person. Wavered over Sakura, and may go back to get in later in the week - we shall see. Passed on everything else for now! My BF gave me make up money to go nuts on Quite Cute, it was a very odd sensation being at a MAC counter with designated MAC spending money, and not being able to settle on something I absolutely loved. I ended up picking up Dragon Rouge Allure Laque at the Chanel counter. Now THAT is a lipstick
th_drool.gif

littlepickle

I didn't buy Candy Yum Yum so can't swatch at home, but this blogger has done a comparison:
http://www.jomakemeblush.com/2011/04/mac-candy-yum-yum-lipstick.html
Candy Yum Yum is ever so slightly bluer and deeper, along with the difference in texture (satin vs matte). When I swatched them side by side on my NC15 skin they looked even closer on me than in the above blogger's swatches
MAC lipsticks retail for $40NZ here, and Lime Crime ones I can get for $23NZ or so, depending on the exchange rate, so the price issue that I understand some people have is a bit different for me :)

Jessiemay & Courtziejayne, I feel like I am missing something now! Definitely need to go back later in the week and have another look at everything :)

dxgirly

MAC lipsticks retail for $40NZ here, and Lime Crime ones I can get for $23NZ or so, depending on the exchange rate, so the price issue that I understand some people have is a bit different for me :)
Jessiemay & Courtziejayne, I feel like I am missing something now! Definitely need to go back later in the week and have another look at everything :)

Oh wow. That really is close. I was going to buy Countessa Fluorescent as soon as in came back in stock, but now I don't think I have to! Thanks!

If anyone is interested I have been in the process of starting up a blog, my first post is a review and dupe on candy yum yum http://courtziejayne.com/candy-yum-yum-review-and-dupe/

Piarpreet

PLAYTIME dupe alert!:

Up the amp + lilac gloss from Revlon!

Found it by accident.I was wearing UTA and thought oops this is a lil too dark for 3pm so i added the gloss and I was like.... OMG for the girls who couldn't get their hands on playtime!

Piapreet - got any photos?

I've been naughty, I went back and got Quite Cute and Sakura! I was scared quite cute would look horrible on me but I tried it on in store and was surprised how nice it really is. I went in just to get Sakura and came out with Quite Cute. Damn impulses.

Piarpreet

[quote name="courtziejayne" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/3540#post_2118409"]Piapreet - got any photos?

I've been naughty, I went back and got Quite Cute and Sakura! I was scared quite cute would look horrible on me but I tried it on in store and was surprised how nice it really is. I went in just to get Sakura and came out with Quite Cute. Damn impulses.
[/quote] Nice! I love sakura. Quite cute i only use it at home. Im thinking about getting giggly though. Saw it today and i like it! Ill post pics when i get time. Right now im only using iphone

_tiffany

I just got back from Vegas and they still had the little claw machine! They didn't have any more stuffed animals though. The first two MA's I talked to were nice, one gave me shoe laces and the other said the claw game was free when I asked her to break dollars into quarters. I wanted to just keep playing, but then other MA's were giving me the evil eye so I stopped...haha. I got a few sets of pins, rings, and egg magnets. Here are some pics:

peachsuns

Thank you so much for sharing, tiffany! Glad you had some fun and goodies!
greengrin.gif
The pictures were nice! I felt like I was there and won something with you.
lol.gif

I recently got Miss Behave MB. It's a lovely light peach blush for me. I wear the the silver heart in the middle as highlighter and eyeshadow. It's very cute.
greengrin.gif

I've got CUTiE quad, Sakura MB, Miss Behave MB, and Candy Yum Yum l/s so for. I'm happy with everything I got. They're all nicely pigmented. Pink and lavender are the colors I wear most and my favorite.
love.gif

LMD84

I just got back from Vegas and they still had the little claw machine! They didn't have any more stuffed animals though. The first two MA's I talked to were nice, one gave me shoe laces and the other said the claw game was free when I asked her to break dollars into quarters. I wanted to just keep playing, but then other MA's were giving me the evil eye so I stopped...haha. I got a few sets of pins, rings, and egg magnets. Here are some pics:

Tiffany you got some awesome goodies! and thank you so much for sharing the photos! I hope you had a great time in vegas too!

[quote name="Piarpreet" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/3540#post_2118704"][quote name="courtziejayne" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/3540#post_2118409"]Piapreet - got any photos?

[/quote] Nice! I love sakura. Quite cute i only use it at home. Im thinking about getting giggly though. Saw it today and i like it! Ill post pics when i get time. Right now im only using iphone [/quote] How come you only use it at home? iPhone for the win! I love my dear iPhone :) [quote name="littlepickle" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/3540#post_2118449"]Courtziejayne, did you get the invite for tomorrow's Quite Cute event from Kirks? Might pop in before work :)
[/quote] I did but I had forgotten it was on the day I was going away, so I missed out on that but I road tripped up to Te Puke with my boyfriend so I still had a great day. Did you end up going? If so, what was it like?

Lambie_mac

Awwww yay! You got to play it! It was so much fun playing... knowing you could just keep going, and not have to put money in! lol. I didn't get the magnets or rings. I saw the rings, but didn't bother. I did get the laces and stuffed toys though! Which I just realized I haven't posted a pic of them yet. Ooopsie! Tomorrow I will! =)

LMD84

Awwww yay! You got to play it! It was so much fun playing... knowing you could just keep going, and not have to put money in! lol. I didn't get the magnets or rings. I saw the rings, but didn't bother. I did get the laces and stuffed toys though! Which I just realized I haven't posted a pic of them yet. Ooopsie! Tomorrow I will! =)
yes you must post pics! we'd love to see! :)

luvlydee

i sold my Candy Yum Yum to one of my close friends for 5 dollars. (used only 3 times lol)
I really did like the color but I noticed I dont reach for it at all!! and my friend was so upset when this first collection came out because she didnt get to buy it and that was the only thing she wanted.

After i sold it to her a couple of days ago she has worn it everyday! I feel happy that Candy Yum Yum has an owner that uses it all the time now lol