MAC Quite Cute Discussion

tismama

I called the Macy's that's about 40 minutes away that carried MAC and pre-ordered Sakura and Giggly blush as well as the Quite Cute lipstick. I'm looking forward to Temptalia's swatches to see if I'd like anything else.

kiss

I don't think QC is close to BL at all, Blooming Lovely is a muted dusty kinda shade but QC looks like a light pale lilac. I love BL! I was hoping QC would be a copy of lavender whip but it doesn't look like that either.

LMD84

I don't think QC is close to BL at all, Blooming Lovely is a muted dusty kinda shade but QC looks like a light pale lilac. I love BL! I was hoping QC would be a copy of lavender whip but it doesn't look like that either.
ssad.gif
this makes me sad!

liba

Hi to all the ladies of Specktra - I miss hanging out with you all!

'Just to jump in on the Blooming Lovely conversation, I find it really works fine on me at this time of the year - from end of Jan./Feb into about the end of April - then the rest of the year it starts looking weird.

I assume it's a combination of my post-winter into spring skin tone & texture combined with the light quality in the environment at this time of year here in Los Angeles. In the summer, the light in this town gets more golden then moves into orange and red in the fall and then is rather whitish in the winter, but in the spring, there's a bluish cast everywhere you go because it's the time of the year we have the most green on the hills, covering the vines on people's fences, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but seasonal ambient light really makes the difference for me when it comes to weird colors that younger gals have less trouble pulling off.

'Just as an aside, I was taking a walk yesterday in late afternoon and the star jasmine covering fences and walls was so bountifully in bloom. You could smell that beautiful sweet perfume for blocks in every direction. Spring has sprung for sure! Who ever said L.A. doesn't have seasons is DEAD WRONG
finger.gif

P.S.: I am going to be buying the hell out of this collection!
drools.gif

User38

libaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

so glad you are back !!

enjoy this collection, the colours of the blushes might be just your thing!!

LMD84

Hi to all the ladies of Specktra - I miss hanging out with you all!

'Just to jump in on the Blooming Lovely conversation, I find it really works fine on me at this time of the year - from end of Jan./Feb into about the end of April - then the rest of the year it starts looking weird.

I assume it's a combination of my post-winter into spring skin tone & texture combined with the light quality in the environment at this time of year here in Los Angeles. In the summer, the light in this town gets more golden then moves into orange and red in the fall and then is rather whitish in the winter, but in the spring, there's a bluish cast everywhere you go because it's the time of the year we have the most green on the hills, covering the vines on people's fences, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but seasonal ambient light really makes the difference for me when it comes to weird colors that younger gals have less trouble pulling off.

'Just as an aside, I was taking a walk yesterday in late afternoon and the star jasmine covering fences and walls was so bountifully in bloom. You could smell that beautiful sweet perfume for blocks in every direction. Spring has sprung for sure! Who ever said L.A. doesn't have seasons is DEAD WRONG
finger.gif

P.S.: I am going to be buying the hell out of this collection!
drools.gif
lol! yeah it must be something to do with the skintone at this time of year! i think i shall break out blooming lovely tomorrow and rock it :) and yay for signs of spring! that is fantastic! things in the uk have been better - lighter mornings, more sun all day long and also pretty flowers are growing! and great to see you posting sweetie! we have missed you too!
th_kiss.gif

LisaOrestea

I do love blooming lovely and I wear it a lot - but I am glad to hear that people don't think it will be like QC because I am looking forward to something new :D

OctoberViolet

Hi Ladies, Just wanted to throw my two cents into this. I love Blooming Lovely!!! I should knock myself in the head for not buying a back-up of it
poke.gif
. I really do like the greyish-lavender color.
Lavender Whip is another fine color that I love. I am still planning on buying four out of the five lipsticks from QC. I have a lipstick addiction as if you couldn't tell. I had been hoping that Play Time would be a seriously intense purple like Go For It (another one I absolutely adore), but it looks a little light. Still getting it. I love unique colors!!! They make me happy.Honestly, just buying lipsticks makes me very happy.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Alisha1

I hope we're allowed to do this, but I just found some more product photos/swatches at this site.

http://www.aishawari.com/blog/coleccion-quite-cute-mac/

I'm excited!
Thanks for the link! :) I really want a blush from this collection just hoping that they work for me!

bis

Which of the blush colours between Sakura and Miss Behave is the more unique? I want to get one of the blushes, but I cannot decide which one to get. Sakura seems to be special, but at the same time I cannot think of a dupe for Miss Behave :dunno:

Prettypackages

I like the pink and purple lipstick and the light colored gloss. I really have tos ee this collection on me before I make a decision.

chbr15

I want all of the lipsticks in this collection. Also I really wanna see a better swatch of Playing Koi, Quite Cute, and Play Time though to get a better idea of how it would be. I can't wait any longer for new information, haha.

liba

libaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

so glad you are back !!

enjoy this collection, the colours of the blushes might be just your thing!!
One of these days I'll have more time to hang out with everyone!

I haven't had a good purply blush in many years, pale or otherwise. Even Overdyed wasn't as purple-magenta as I'd been hoping and I wound up skipityskipping it. Fingers crossed for Sakura. My main ogling is going towards Candy Yum Yum and a few other lipsticks, the quad and perhaps the weirder plushglasses.