MAC Quite Cute Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi to all the ladies of Specktra - I miss hanging out with you all!

'Just to jump in on the Blooming Lovely conversation, I find it really works fine on me at this time of the year - from end of Jan./Feb into about the end of April - then the rest of the year it starts looking weird.

I assume it's a combination of my post-winter into spring skin tone & texture combined with the light quality in the environment at this time of year here in Los Angeles. In the summer, the light in this town gets more golden then moves into orange and red in the fall and then is rather whitish in the winter, but in the spring, there's a bluish cast everywhere you go because it's the time of the year we have the most green on the hills, covering the vines on people's fences, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but seasonal ambient light really makes the difference for me when it comes to weird colors that younger gals have less trouble pulling off.

'Just as an aside, I was taking a walk yesterday in late afternoon and the star jasmine covering fences and walls was so bountifully in bloom. You could smell that beautiful sweet perfume for blocks in every direction. Spring has sprung for sure! Who ever said L.A. doesn't have seasons is DEAD WRONG
finger.gif

P.S.: I am going to be buying the hell out of this collection!
drools.gif

I think that you've hit the nail on the head there. I find that with both Blooming Lovely and a couple of the peachier colours I have (Costa Chic comes to mind). My skin doesn't change much in the summer, but that little difference does shift my tone just enough that those colours look all sorts of wrong. How lucky that I still have a few months of ghostliness to wear those babies out!

NYDoll88

sorry if everyone has been repeating questions, but do we have any new swatches of the polishes and/or Playing Koi? I don't know if I can search through 35 pages! Thank you to whoever answers.

Also Specktra people in the NYC area...any idea of when this will launch for us? I know collections usually come out early for us and I really don't want to miss out on what I want!

singer82

Welcome back Liba!!!
bouquet.gif

Hi to all the ladies of Specktra - I miss hanging out with you all!

'Just to jump in on the Blooming Lovely conversation, I find it really works fine on me at this time of the year - from end of Jan./Feb into about the end of April - then the rest of the year it starts looking weird.

I assume it's a combination of my post-winter into spring skin tone & texture combined with the light quality in the environment at this time of year here in Los Angeles. In the summer, the light in this town gets more golden then moves into orange and red in the fall and then is rather whitish in the winter, but in the spring, there's a bluish cast everywhere you go because it's the time of the year we have the most green on the hills, covering the vines on people's fences, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but seasonal ambient light really makes the difference for me when it comes to weird colors that younger gals have less trouble pulling off.

'Just as an aside, I was taking a walk yesterday in late afternoon and the star jasmine covering fences and walls was so bountifully in bloom. You could smell that beautiful sweet perfume for blocks in every direction. Spring has sprung for sure! Who ever said L.A. doesn't have seasons is DEAD WRONG
finger.gif

P.S.: I am going to be buying the hell out of this collection!
drools.gif
LOVE IT! I hear ya girl, its gonna be a big one for me as well

xbuttonsx

I can't make my mind up over the purple lippie. I don't have any purple lipsticks or glosses. I just don't know how to pull it off I guess, I keep thinking I'd look funny with my complexion.

Pinkdollface

I think that you've hit the nail on the head there. I find that with both Blooming Lovely and a couple of the peachier colours I have (Costa Chic comes to mind). My skin doesn't change much in the summer, but that little difference does shift my tone just enough that those colours look all sorts of wrong. How lucky that I still have a few months of ghostliness to wear those babies out!
I feel like i can wear Blooming Lovely almost everytime of the year, but i do understand what you mean. When it is really sunny it might look wrong. Luckily than i can wear Lavender Whip! I think that one is more wearable.

LMD84

all this talk about blooming lovely and i forgot to wear it today!! to be fair it wouldn'tr have gone well with my golden eye look but still! insteadi am wearing overrich lipstick which is a sheer coral. lovely!

queen_kitty

I am so impatient for this collection to come out! Or at least for Temptalia to post some good swatches of the lipsticks on lips, etc. I haven't bought anything from MAC since Venomous Villains, except for Spitfire from WW, so I am really wanting some new stuff to play with and get excited about!

JennsJewelz

Although I have so many things on my want list, I'm half hoping I hate all the swatches we start to see closer to the release so I can skip this altogether. I can't afford any more hauling right now! I don't want to be miserable because I've missed out on stuff. Come on, make me hate it. lol

LMD84

Although I have so many things on my want list, I'm half hoping I hate all the swatches we start to see closer to the release so I can skip this altogether. I can't afford any more hauling right now! I don't want to be miserable because I've missed out on stuff. Come on, make me hate it. lol
yeah sometimes i feel that way! although not with this collection! i shall be spending quite a bit i think. my list has been cut down though so i am doing ok!

Sequinzombie

I just called my mac store to see if they were having a launch party for this...but sadly nope. I made an appointment the 8th since they weren't taking any the 7th? Hope nothing I REALLLY want sells out in one day.

cutemiauw

I feel the same! Although I think with this particular collection it should be easier because pastels aren't usually that great on my skin. Also I need the money to branch out to other brands
girlhaha.gif

Wandalemur

Hey ladies I found a site with some more product photos/swatch. It has only confirmed for me that I need the quad. I can't wait!

http://www.tipsandconfessions.com/mac-quite-cute/

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey ladies I found a site with some more product photos/swatch. It has only confirmed for me that I need the quad. I can't wait!

http://www.tipsandconfessions.com/mac-quite-cute/
Thanks Wandalemur! This reinforces some of the things that I want. Play Time looks absolutely nothing like I thought it would, but I have to admit that I like it. Like a cool pink glaze with purple shimmer.

RealDoll

I agree Play Time looks different from what I imagined and I think this is going back on my list!

Thanks Wandalemur! This reinforces some of the things that I want. Play Time looks absolutely nothing like I thought it would, but I have to admit that I like it. Like a cool pink glaze with purple shimmer.