MAC Quite Cute Discussion

BeautyByLele

Hye I didnt even notice the playing koi swatch . . lol !! Ubtil you mentioned it then I had to go back and look at the swatches. I gotta see more swatches of playing it koi. It looks like it could be a worn as a nude color. I know Candy Yum Yum looks sooo pretty. The quad is calling my name too!!!!! Maybe I should B2M for Candy Yum Yum so I wont feel bad for getting another pink lippie.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already have Gaga, Saint Germaine, Snob, Pink Friday, Show Orchid . . . do I really need annnnnnnnnnother bright pink l/s ???? Also Quite Cute l/s doesnt look too bad, im thinking it would be nice w/ a purple liner. Although I do feel from the swatches that it is probably to pale for my skin tone. And I refuse to buy a lip color and have to put too much "work" into it to make it work for me.
Hey! Finally a swatch of Playing Koi. It's definitely what I wanted/ expected. I'm perilously close to caving in on Candy Yum Yum despite my determination that I do not need another hot pink lipstick. The quad has me completely in its clutches... Play Time and Quite Cute are very much what I wanted. Damn, this is going to be expensive.

TeresitaMC

The past couple of blush swatches have made me bump my want list to 2: Giggly and now also Miss Behave.

I think ever since Flurry of Fun l/g (well, also the past and still strong lemming of Lollipop Loving l/s), I am drawn to teal/turquoise shimmer and sheen hidden inside a product :) I'd love to use Miss Behave as a highlighter.

I think I am really falling hard for these two blushes, so I will be cutting back on a lot of other stuff then. Just looking out for more of these gloss swatches to finalize my list! :)

And oh how I want Goody Goody Gum Drop e/s all on its own! :(

LMD84

so my final list is -
the quad
quite cute lippie
candy yum yum lippie
sakura blush

it's still quite a bit of cash but not ott! :)

ClassicBeauty

I really like the purple eyeshadows in this quad, they look smooth and silky. Those other 2 eyeshadows look a bit ashy.. I hope im wrong, but anyways I just want the quad.

LMD84

I really like the purple eyeshadows in this quad, they look smooth and silky. Those other 2 eyeshadows look a bit ashy.. I hope im wrong, but anyways I just want the quad.
yeah the purples look lovely. i'm not fussed if the lighter colours are not as easy to work with. they still look pretty in the end! :)

Alisha1

I didn't notice Playing Koi till it was mentioned aswell :/ lol I think it might be the only lippy that i'll be buying...I agree it looks like a pretty nude...have to sit tight for swatches now!

MrsB

Thank you for the link to those lovely swatches! I have narrowed it down to: The quad Miss Behave blush Giggly blush Playing Koi St Germain ( wanted it for a while but might as well save on the postage and haul it with this collection) Does anyone have any idea on UK prices. Will they be regular prices? I have no idea how much the quads usually go for so I'm trying to work out if I need to sell my soul LOL!

MrsB

[quote name="Alisha1" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/1080#post_2096858"]

I think it might be regular prices as its not a collaboration and there's no special packaging.

[/quote] Thanks Alisha, after the last couple of collections regular prices will feel like a bargain! :eyelove:

LMD84

Thanks Alisha, after the last couple of collections regular prices will feel like a bargain!
eyelove.gif
yeah this will be normal prices because everything is normal sized and there is no special packaging. thank goodness!!

MrsB

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/1110#post_2096864"]

yeah this will be normal prices because everything is normal sized and there is no special packaging. thank goodness!!

[/quote] Yay! Do you know how much the quads usually are LMD?

kiss

This is the only collection so far I am giddy about! I am not sure if I want Sakura blush since it is very light. I don't need another highlighter or really another mineralize blush especially one that's not pigmented...and I don't really want to spend $30 bucks on it. I may skip it and get some lipsticks instead.

I wonder how Playing Koi compares to marquise d' and how Play Time looks beside Violetta and Up the Amp.

MrsB

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/173299/mac-quite-cute-discussion/1110#post_2096875"]

usually they are about £29 but i think the price went up this year to £32 which is annoying!

[/quote] Thanks so much! Ooooh that means I'm still gonna be near the £100 mark for my tiny haul!!

MrsB

I hear ya LMD! I totally should've got in to MAC sooner! LOL I'm getting excited though - not long now!