MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

miss0annette

I called my mac and the gal said she "thinks" I can B2M for these. I may try to go later today to at least get one of the lippies.

NaomiH

I can't wait to get off work so I can go get me some of these lippies! I think I'm just going to get FOD and RH (depending on how it look on me) for now though.

Addict4MAC

Is this for sure or speculated? MAC is killing me. I wouldn't have to rush if I knew for sure they were all perm.
MAC sent out a tweet on Twitter stating that those shades are LE after the update book was printed. The shades are also listed under limited edition on the official MAC website.

xoxomia

eb22c150_image.jpeg
FOD with vino liner. Don't mind the rest if my face, just got off a long day at school and its hot as balls out today. I loove this color! Even contemplating a BU since it's LE. And vino (which I also got in my order today) is so beautiful, I will probably be wearing this on its own lots in the fall too.
FOD looks amazing on you! I'm going to have to pick up Vino

cocodivatime

Thank you
You're welcome. MAC sent out a tweet on Twitter stating that those shades are LE after the update book was printed. The shades are also listed under limited edition on the official MAC website.
. Thank you. You ladies are amazing. Now I know which ones to rush on and which ones to chill on. Lol!!!

Gatton

I love how Runway Hit looks on some of you gals, but I hate corals and anything else orange/peachy toned on me. I'll swatch it when it's out in the stores here... I think it's pretty safe to say I'll love FOF, but I'll just swatch EVERYTHINNNNNG :D

Mizani

Can anyone compare FOD to Sin from the Pro line if they own it? I imagine they'd be similar.
I own both...in person to me FOD is more brown whereas Sin is more red and is darker.

I called 4 local MAC stores/counters in my area. The PRO store said that all colors were permanent and you can B2M for them today. Both Dillards counter's said the same except one said Fashion Boost liner is LE. Now the Macy's counter said only a few of the lipsticks are going to be perm and that you can't B2M until they get in the perm stock.

Mizani

For reference again. *square is new & permanent

This is exactly what my SA showed me this morning, not to mention the open slots in the lipstick display case.
I believe you Richelle and not trying to sound nitpicky but did you count the slots? I am actually serious. This seems to be the only way we can confirm is if there are enough slots for all the colors.
ohboy.gif
lmao.gif

Richelle83

I believe you Richelle and not trying to sound nitpicky but did you count the slots? I am actually serious. This seems to be the only way we can confirm is if there are enough slots for all the colors.
ohboy.gif
lmao.gif
LMAO!!! I did, 7 additional slots in the display case!

KrystalAnne

I called yesterday & they said I could B2M for them but I decided to call back today and was told I can't for the first 2 weeks..

Mizani

FOD with vino liner. Don't mind the rest if my face, just got off a long day at school and its hot as balls out today. I loove this color! Even contemplating a BU since it's LE. And vino (which I also got in my order today) is so beautiful, I will probably be wearing this on its own lots in the fall too.
You look lovely! I am amazed how many of you ladies have decided to try this with Vino. I would have never thought to.
lol.gif
I would have only used Currant (which I've already tried) or Chestnut.

Copperhead

You look lovely! I am amazed how many of you ladies have decided to try this with Vino. I would have never thought to.
lol.gif
I would have only used Currant (which I've already tried) or Chestnut.
Not that anyone wouldn't have tried it but Erine posted a pic in this thread before the lippies were released and the IG user paired it with Vino and it was so pretty, it just seemed like the right one to pair it with so we ran away with it. I still need to go grab Vino.

erine1881

AFU and RR are so similar I don't want both. Does anyone who has both wanna advise here? Should I get RR or AFU?
I tried them all on last night, with the corresponding lipliners, and they definitely do not look similar on me! But i vote for RR!
I don't get the "creamy" feel from PLWLL like others say they do....never have. They have all been a bit drier and more difficult to blend on their own (without the help of a little lip balm or a lipstick with slip), but that's to be expected since they are almost bullet proof in terms of wear. The regular pencils tend to be far more "creamy" IMO.
:agree:
[COLOR=008080]Hmm... I'm kinda wary of Fashion Boost now lol. That'll be my first official l/l and I don't want things to get too fussy when I apply it >.>[/COLOR]
If you apply it right, there's no fuss about it. Te only difference between PLW lipliners and regular lipliners is that you have 15 seconds to blend them once they're applied all over the lips before they set. Once they're set, they stick and won't blend, and will pull up from the lips if you try to rub your lips together. Other than that they work just like any other lipliner.
I wasn't allowed to Back to Mac :( and i had to rush to school so i had no time to figure it out. Did anyone else have this problem?
Nope. I took my momma with me and got 8 lipsticks right at open this morning. (The manager tried to tell me the limit was 3 per person-18 empties-and she's a friend of mine. I told her no, it's 24.)
According the the MUA from this morning, all the lipsticks are going to be PERMANENT.  But the lip liners are not with the exception of the few liners in the retro matte collection that is already on the perm line. 
All the liners are perm, except for fashion boost.
Hi guys! Which one would you say is the best lip liner for ‘All fired up’? So far I got: - Flat out Fabulous + Fashion boost - All fired up - Fixed on drama I’ll go back for dangerous and high energy! ^^ :clap:
The best liner for AFU is Trust In Red.
No, not a recent update, its from the update book from a month or two ago.  The SA told me that they only received 9 of each lipstick, then after the initial release they'd get the permanent stock. The displays were already adjusted to add all of the new lippies.
:nods: