MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

lilinah

Darn you all! I unsubbed from this board - i'm not big on matte lips - and i decided to skip them. But your pictures of you wearing the colors... Sigh!

Some are easy for me to skip (fuchsia, orange-red), and i thought i'd girded my loins to pass Fixed on Drama. But everyone wearing it looks so beautiful! So my resistance is gone. And that medium coral pink i might be able to wear.. is that Relentlessly Red? Sure doesn't look red.

martiangurll

I got Runway Hit from Nordstrom and I love it! I was iffy about it when I did a hand swatch, it pulls very orange which reminded me of Brave New Bronze which I did not like blech. I tried it on and I was like OH HELLO. It's such a nice color and pulled a little more pink on my lips. I love it! I wish I had gotten another :( but I'll be patient for a restock. All the new holiday stuff for UD and Chanel have my fun money on lockdown lol. 
This is good news for me . I got RH without seeing it in the flesh but I loved brave new bronze so if they are close it could be hg peachy nude for me.

duckrodeo

This is good news for me . I got RH without seeing it in the flesh but I loved brave new bronze so if they are close it could be hg peachy nude for me.
I sold BNB because I didn't like it. I had a deja vu with RH because I didn't like the hand swatch, but luckily on me they look nothing alike. Phew!

erine1881

I haven't seen the retro mattes yet but what do people in general prefer: AFU Or RR? If I ordered one of the two online I'm not sure which I'd choose!
I personally prefer RR, which is a matte version of impassioned on me. Strangely AFU is more red than RR :dunno: if you prefer more red, go with AFU, more coral, go with RR.
How does MTL look on your lips? I'm think I'm going to get it. Too pretty
It's a great hot pink liner! Especially with GAT and other bright fuchsias. :nods:

lilinah

I've been going through the "gallery", and it is amazing how good Fixed on Drama looks on EVERYBODY! From the palest to the deepest skin, from olive tone to pink.

I'm not sold on any of the other colors - they look very different on each skin tone - so clearly testing is required. But FoD is pretty much universally good!

IHughes

I went with AFU over RR.  I didn't think RR worked with my skin tone.  You could rock either!
I personally prefer RR, which is a matte version of impassioned on me. Strangely AFU is more red than RR :dunno: if you prefer more red, go with AFU, more coral, go with RR. It's a great hot pink liner! Especially with GAT and other bright fuchsias. :nods:
Thanks! I usually prefer pink as I don't have super large lips so some reds make my lips look smaller or I look older. I think the best would be to try them out in person, let's hope they're permanent here in Spain and I get the chance

MissBeautyBunni

Darn you all! I unsubbed from this board - i'm not big on matte lips - and i decided to skip them. But your pictures of you wearing the colors... Sigh!

Some are easy for me to skip (fuchsia, orange-red), and i thought i'd girded my loins to pass Fixed on Drama. But everyone wearing it looks so beautiful! So my resistance is gone. And that medium coral pink i might be able to wear.. is that Relentlessly Red? Sure doesn't look red.
I agree with you there...swatched it today and it came off as that same medium coral color...i'll B2M for it

GoldenGirl

I have four purple lippies, so I've told myself to pass on FOD but it looks soooo good! UGH! I'm gonna gather up my B2M's and hit the store tomorrow or Monday.

bajandoc86

HoneyonBoost and Bajandoc, y'all look gorgeous in your new lippies!
Thank you so much ladies!!!
love.gif

alyxo

I'm so happy that this entire collection is permanent so I don't have to cry about items I've missed out on. But I went to my local MAC counter and tried on Runway Hit and it looked horrible on me, so I'm kind of disappointed. I do wanna try Dangerous on now and I want to purchase 2 of the lip liners.

cocodivatime

That's super pretty! I went in last night to buy the VG I gloss, but it already had the beginnings of the rancid smell from the start, so I'm not gonna be able to get it.
That happened to me years back with 3n lipglass. It was brand new but had that smell already

elegant-one

I bought More To Love today - very very pretty on. I'm addicted to these. I wore AFU to dinner tonight & shopping & everyone wanted to know what it was
girlhaha.gif

ladyd12

Favorite Lipstick(s) and/or Lipliner(s) From The Retro Matte Collection Fall 2013

Hello! I am so excited that the MAC Retro Matte Collection Fall 2013 came out. I ordered Fixed on Drama, Runway Hit and Pro Longwear Lipliner in Fashion Boost to go with my Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte lipstick.

What's your favorite lipstick(s) and/or lipliner(s) from this collection?