MAC Return and Exchange Policy Questions

jdechant

Re: MAC Return/Exchange Policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
mac_addict.gif
I always buy my Mascara's from Mac, I bought Plushlash about a month ago but recently I noticed an awful smell coming from it that makes me feel sick. It stings my eyes too. Perhaps its was a one-off thing because I've bought Plushlash before and it wasn't like that.

Am I allowed to exchange it if I take it to the counter?? I don't have my reciept
thmbdn.gif

Sorry it happened too you! That sucks!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzito_714
they will not return or exchange without the receipt.

Not true necessarily. If you bought it at a Nordstrom or Macy's counter and have the box with the barcode sticker, you can return or exchange without a receipt. At a MAC store you are kind of SOL.

abbyquack

^^ And sometimes Nordstrom will make exceptions for an exchange w/o a receipt. They can sometimes also look you up in their computer database, and if I'm not mistaken, so can MAC stores, right?

TISH1124

MAC Pro...keeps a record of everything you buy....I have exchanged without a receipt before ...and agreeing if it has the Macy's or Nordies barcode they will exchange it as well.

benzito_714

i was a little pre-mature in my statement. earlier this year an MA told another customer (i was eavesdropping tsk,tsk) that Macy's was no longer accepting returns/exchanges without receipt. sounded a little suspect but she explained that it is due to the economy and that they are trying to stop fraud (?).
since it smells bad i say give it a go-maybe the counter you brought it from will remember you buying it or like previous posters said they may be able to look up your purchase.

ninalovesmakeup

Hi everyone, I bought a MAC 182 from a counter at Belk a week ago, and I hate it. I have the receipt, but I didn't keep the little plastic container for the brush. I tried looking all over for it, and no luck. Do you think I'll be able to get a refund?
th_confused_new.gif

xxManBeaterxx

^^ I'm sorry you didnt like the 182. I love that buffer brush!

I think your best bet is to call the mac counter and ask if you can still return it without the container, it saves you the trouble of going there again.

mzmiztiza

I got an 15 pan eyeshadow palette for Christmas. However, my husband lost the receipt, and there was no gift receipt. Is even possible to exchange something when it was a gift?

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzito_714
i was a little pre-mature in my statement. earlier this year an MA told another customer (i was eavesdropping tsk,tsk) that Macy's was no longer accepting returns/exchanges without receipt. sounded a little suspect but she explained that it is due to the economy and that they are trying to stop fraud (?).
since it smells bad i say give it a go-maybe the counter you brought it from will remember you buying it or like previous posters said they may be able to look up your purchase.

At Macy's, if you still have the box with the Macy's Return Label, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think it is a good idea to hang on to the receipt or at least the box and until you are sure you love a product.

Kiwiberries

I just bought Satin Taupe on-line yesterday, and then today decided I wanted the Smokey Eyes palette that has that color. I only have dept store counters. Am I better off giving them the on-line receipt for refund or swapping w/o receipt? TIA!

Paramnesia

I recieved the wrong foundation colour through a CP, the person isn't replying to me. I was just wondering can you exchange products that are from different countries w/o a reciept?
I feel kind of dodgy doing it but i'm down at least $50 US because of this person.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
I recieved the wrong foundation colour through a CP, the person isn't replying to me. I was just wondering can you exchange products that are from different countries w/o a reciept?
I feel kind of dodgy doing it but i'm down at least $50 US because of this person.

i don't believe you can, especially with foundations. all the foundations are made differently for different countries, and with different countries having different return policies, you don't know what can happen.

let's say that returns are turned into testers (i would hope not, but i don't know what different countries rules are). if you return a US foundation that contains ingredients not usable in other countries and they use it on customers? not good.
nope.gif

i'd keep trying to contact the person that CP'd it for you.

L1LMAMAJ

The MAC store I go to whenever I wanna return something always takes it back. If I don't have a receipt, they said I could do an even exchange. They're very nice about it. For reference, the store I go to is the MAC f/s store at Fashion Valley in San Diego.

oreox0x0

will they take back brushes that have the #'s all gone due to bad clear nail polish?

its been less then a month and i have a recite.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreox0x0
will they take back brushes that have the #'s all gone due to bad clear nail polish?

its been less then a month and i have a recite.

if you've altered it by putting polish on it, no.

why do you wanna return it? cuz the numbers are gone? if so, the numbers come off all the brushes, just an fyi.

Rudyru

Just thinking about something that happened today. I came into work (at a counter), and I noticed that I was a few hundred dollars down the hole. I asked every single one of my team members if they remember anyone returning a large amount of products and they don't recall a thing...

Did someone end up returning the products to a different counter?

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
I just bought Satin Taupe on-line yesterday, and then today decided I wanted the Smokey Eyes palette that has that color. I only have dept store counters. Am I better off giving them the on-line receipt for refund or swapping w/o receipt? TIA!

If you didn't buy it from that counter, you won't be able to return or exchange it. Counters don't take returns from other retailers, nor do the Freestanding or Pro stores.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyru
Just thinking about something that happened today. I came into work (at a counter), and I noticed that I was a few hundred dollars down the hole. I asked every single one of my team members if they remember anyone returning a large amount of products and they don't recall a thing...

Did someone end up returning the products to a different counter?

If it was a different counter but the same retailer, it's possible.

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
If it was a different counter but the same retailer, it's possible.

but it wont show up on your numbers, like here we have 2 stores and a counter if someone returns an item from the other store at our store it goes in as a "special return" (a certain number we put in that isnt an employee number) but it wont come off that artist's numbers at their store. im thiking one of your co-workers isnt being honest with you =(. i hate coming in and starting "in the hole".

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
but it wont show up on your numbers, like here we have 2 stores and a counter if someone returns an item from the other store at our store it goes in as a "special return" (a certain number we put in that isnt an employee number) but it wont come off that artist's numbers at their store. im thiking one of your co-workers isnt being honest with you =(. i hate coming in and starting "in the hole".

This is true in general but when i worked at the store they didn't tell us we were supposed to use that 'special' number and we were putting returns under the actual number of the employee on the receipt. We didn't realize we weren't supposed to do that for quite some time.

But I do agree it is probably someone is lying to her.

Latest posts