MAC Ripping Us Off?

omgitzstephanie

Is it just me or is it that all my newer lipglasses/dazzleglasses look like they are not filled up all the way? Before I even opened my HK lipglosses, it had a centimeter length airbubble in it.
th_dunno.gif
I'm pretty sure my older lipglasses didn't have that.
Does anyone else have this?

TISH1124

All of mine have always had that gap of space/air......I only have like 10 ...not my fav by any means ...but the space was there in all of them

Skin*Deep

the other day I was looking at a new dazzleglass of mine, and I was like, "wow it's already down so much" I couldn't say if previous ones were like that or not, I don't ever recall thinking that so soon.....if it wasn't a new tube I probably wouldn't have noticed it. hmmm maybe you're onto something....

panda0410

All of my HK dazzleglasses were like that and some of the double dazzle ones too, I was a bit pissed off actually.....

NONE of my older ones from the first dazzleglass collection are like this - and I checked the ones in my backups - only the new released ones are like this. I cant say if thats a generalisation for the first release though, but there is a noticeable difference between the ones I have from each release. HKK were the worst of them all
ssad.gif

TISH1124

I am so glad I am not that fond of these because they are so expensive for the amount of product that you get....pretty sad actually...still trying to figure out what makes them cost so much more and you get so much less...hummmmm, I will have to ask my friend at the lab....SUCKS

MissResha

the sad thing though...is that not only are they expensive and they give you like a teaspoon of product...

but JEESUS they are SO pretty LOL. the dazzleglasses are just GORGEOUS, especially over your fav MAC lipstick. it's instant drama.

sigh....its a cosmetic catch22

coachkitten

Seriously make your own dazzleglasses!! Get some clear lipglass and a sample of reflects glitter and you have a much cheaper version of MAC's dazzleglass. The look great over lipsticks or mixed with a colored lipglass.

I really love dazzleglasses but for the amount of product and the price I have really tried to only get the ones that are super unique.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I've only noticed that with my live and dye lipglass, but then again, I haven't bought that many lipglasses lately.

I have not noticed it at all with Lipglasses.....
shockt.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Seriously make your own dazzleglasses!! Get some clear lipglass and a sample of reflects glitter and you had a much cheaper version of MAC's dazzleglass. The look great over lipsticks or mixed with a colored lipglass.

I really love dazzleglasses but for the amount of product and the price I have really tried to only get the ones that are super unique.

I think I'll have to do this! I am going to recycle an old DG tube - the stoppers in the top pull out and go back in easily enough and you can wash and sterilize them this way - brush too
smiles.gif
You could probably even use a pigment instead of a lipmix
greengrin.gif

GlamQueen21

That has happend with my Kitty Kouture dazzleglasses twice! When I open it, it's like it's almost half way and also after about three or four uses, it's already half way empty. I wish MAC would fill the dazzleglasses all the way to the top.

TISH1124

Jan Lee...That sounds like a lot of work...You know I'm lazy...I will just add the glitter to the clear lip gloss

I think even filling it to the top will only get you about 2-3 more apps ...sadly

OfficerJenny

Definitely try making your own dazzleglasses if you like the effect but no the price.

Bunny^3 and I stuffed 80 pounds of reflects very pink into our Viva Glam VI SE glosses and it's soooo hot!

SakurasamaLover

Tish is right, just buy the clear lipgloss : throw in a bit of a lip safe pigment and a shit load of reflects and there you go, custom dazzleglass.

**I'm so happy I don't like them.. they are SO expensive for what you get...**

And for the air gap I'm gonna investigate too... I remember finding it strange too how my new l/g weren't as full..

Lizzie

This is why I've never purchased or even tried a dazzleglass. I'm afraid I'll love them and it's a love I cannot afford
ssad.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
This is why I've never purchased or even tried a dazzleglass. I'm afraid I'll love them and it's a love I cannot afford
ssad.gif

I have yet to buy a dazzleglass. just can't get over the rip-off of so little product. I have seen people do swatches on their hand and then you see the air bubble already created in the dazzleglass and the cremesheens, too.

So I will be doing the reflects glitters, I have just not gotten around to it.

aziajs

I probably will pick up a couple dazzleglasses or B2M for them.

BUT....

Another vote for custom made. Use a clear gloss, a lipmix (PRO product), or whatever and add your own reflects. Sooo much more worth it. I mean, think about it. You pay $18 for a dazzleglass. Reflects glitter is $19.50. Buy 2-3 reflects glitters and mix them to make your own custom dazzleglass. I plan to.