MAC Ripping Us Off?

RebekahR

We have two weeks till double dazzle is out here..I am considering carefully after reading this thread..

they are £13 here..lustreglass is £10.. I got one last week and it was 100% full.. maybe I will ask to check the dazzleglasses before purchase..£13 is still cheaper than NARS though..

fantastic info here!

MissCrystal

i dont know if this has been mentioned yet but mac also recently changed the dazzelglass brush/wand thingy so when u pull it out to use it looks like theres less i dunno why ...

Chula

A quick tip : Take water, pour some in a cup, heat the cup in the microwave for about 30 sec (I think that's enough), then put all of your lipglasses, dazzleglasses.. in it, and let it sit for 15 min or so, the product from the top and the sides will go down, which gives you MORE product that you usually toss or B2M without breaking the plastic !

wishingforsn0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I should create my own dazzleglass soon since I have both Reflects Very Pink and Reflects Blue glitter pigments and aiming for Reflects Purple Duo so that I can create a dupe dazzleglass of Comet Blue.

ooo if you do try it please let us know how that turns out!
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

I think they just rip us off with the twice yearly price increases. I'm pretty sure inflation isn't climbing that fast.

xkleverxkittyx

Me too! I bought Funtabulous and Baby Sparks. They seem to have more color payoff before too. I didn't see any dazzleglass worth getting when this new collection came out, especially not for that price

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrao
i remeber the dazzleglasses last year were only $16 and they had more product in them.

gildedangel

I agree that the dazzleglasses can be a complete ripoff. I guess that it is more of a "luxury" product but that can't justify a higher cost for less product, although I noticed that they use a higher quality plastic for the packaging to really make the product sparkle and shine. I like to B2M for dazzleglasses, that way I get them for free and I am getting more for my money for the empty containers.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I refuse to buy Dazzleglasses. They are pretty but I am not paying $18 for lip gloss when you get so little. So I wont buy even one. What's the point in becoming attached.

this where I'm at
I don't even B2M for them, I do that for lipstick
tong.gif

User27

Thank you guys for letting me know I wasn't losing my mind for not investing in Dazzleglasses. I'm primarily lipsticks and lipglasses as I feel I'm paying for pretty packaging that will be gone soon enough anyways with Dazzies. I acknowledge you put any shade of red lipstick in front of me, I'm turned on my heel at full attention. Put a Dazzle in front of me, I say awww, that's so pretty but yeah, no buy.
yes.gif

MACForME

Oh boy..
I hate to jump on this bandwagon, but I too noticed the space with my dazzleglass. I keep them "upright" in my kit, so it REALLY shows.

I also noticed that in the pink glitter liner from HK, there was a HUGE space between the top and the product.. There is less in there.. I have older glitter liner back-ups that are unopened and there is definately more in those then in the recent ones..

Just had to add my 2 cents. (anyone have change?)

Poupette

I had a look at the Dazzleglasses yesterday at my counter and sure they looked lovely but I'm not paying that much for so little product. Ended up with a Chanel glossimer in "Sideral" and am very happy with my decision.
smiles.gif

Pufferfish

Would u believe here in Malaysia the Dazzleglasses are RM80 while the Chanel Glossimers are RM84 each?? (1USD= RM3.4 ~ 3.5) That's almost the same price!

I saw the Dazzleglass in jingle jangle and wanted to get it, until I found out the cost
ssad.gif
Now I'm looking for a dupe with the Glossimers. But it's quite hard cause they're different. Venus is pretty though
smiles.gif

I still can't decide between Astral, Mica, Venus, Silex, Sideral... :p

Babylard

i stand my dazzleglasses upwards, and gosh there isnt much in it......... but i still love them D: