MAC Ripping Us Off?

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Tish, this one's for you:

th_drool.gif

Yeah I think the same about Chanel glossimer, stop buying dazzleglass for once and try one of those... I dare you to not fall in love
winks.gif

Same for the equivalent of the creemsheen lipglass... just go and get an Aqualumiere from Chanel. More product better quality better price, try it.

rbella

Chanel Glossimers make me feel like a woman. And, pissing myself. (that one's for you, SMMY
th_kiss.gif
)

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Chanel Glossimers make me feel like a woman. And, pissing myself. (that one's for you, SMMY
th_kiss.gif
)

rbella, please! At least tell me that you're wearing dark pants.
Ernie, where are those depends?
tong.gif

purrtykitty

I love Chanel Glossimers!! One of my faves is Cry Baby. I have 2 of those, plus two of the matching polishes. I have a bunch of Chanel polishes...they're so yummy!!

chaffsters33

I second Glaze Glossimer! It's basically clear gloss, but its purple tinged with a really yummy smell. The other night I had it on and it felt really smooth and nice. Then I wiped it off and put on a MAC lipglass and in comparison it felt so sticky!

I love MAC, but lets face it Chanel Glossimers kick ass. And cause people bladder disfunction.

wishingforsn0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoMT
I have noticed this too with my dazzleglasses! My older colors like Date Night and Miss Dynamite are so full they make smooching sounds when I close the tube...the ones I have from Double Dazzle already have a large air bubble in them, and that's just from one use/swatch. It leads to me obsessively turning my dazzleglasses like hot dogs on a grill anytime I open my lipglass storage drawer so I don't have to look at that bubble!

i know what you mean! i look at my d/gs after a couple of uses each at most (and i apply a really thin layer too), and looking at the giant air bubbles make me so sad.. i usually have them on my desk bc i like looking at all the sparkle, and my bf always laughs at me bc im always rolling them to the other side so i can see less air bubble and more dazzle
ssad.gif

im gonna try the reflects thing soon though, as soon as they restock some of the reflects at my Pro store. Sugarrimmed would be kind of hard to try duping tho.. i dont even know what id mix for that?? Transparent Pink and Teal maybe? Although the glitters always looked more blue than teal to me.....

Sabrunka

Hmm also for another dazzleglass substitution, try out YSL Golden Gloss. It's almost the same, but WAY better. I love them! Not nearly as sticky as dazzleglass, and a larger amount of product!! They have 0.2 oz as oppose to 0.06 for dazzleglass. Golden Gloss are 29$ but I'd rather pay that.

Shadowy Lady

yeah the dazzleglasses are really expensive. This is why I only bought two each time they got released.

It seems like I need some Chanel Glossimers in my life though. Does anyone know how much they are in CAD$?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Definitely try making your own dazzleglasses if you like the effect but no the price.

Bunny^3 and I stuffed 80 pounds of reflects very pink into our Viva Glam VI SE glosses and it's soooo hot!

We did. Viva Glam VI SE Remix Hyper Combo Finish Complete Edition X Version HD String Exclusive is the bomb.

And I'm pretty sure that the Dazzleglasses are measured by how much glitter is put into them, not by how full the vial is. Sucks but yeah. And it's proven that there's literally LESS than a standard Lipglass amount in there. IT'S DUMB!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrao
i remeber the dazzleglasses last year were only $16 and they had more product in them.

They know that Dazzleglasses and Mineralize Skinfinishes are collectible-enough to justify the price increases. It's dumb. e_e

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
We did. Viva Glam VI SE Remix Hyper Combo Finish Complete Edition X Version HD String Exclusive is the bomb.

Is that the name of your creation? LOL....I got dizzy just reading that.
tong.gif

GreekChick

My trainer says the Dazzleglasses have less product in them because the ingredients are rare, hard to find, and expensive. Therefore, they are also more costly due to the fact that they're considered a luxury product.

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
My trainer says the Dazzleglasses have less product in them because the ingredients are rare, hard to find, and expensive. Therefore, they are also more costly due to the fact that they're considered a luxury product.

It's funny how Chanel can sell the same thing for less than half the price. And I know, trainers have to say that, to sell the product. It's fortunate there are other alternatives to the Dazzleglasses now.
th_DANCE.gif

GlamQueen21

I should create my own dazzleglass soon since I have both Reflects Very Pink and Reflects Blue glitter pigments and aiming for Reflects Purple Duo so that I can create a dupe dazzleglass of Comet Blue.

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
It's funny how Chanel can sell the same thing for less than half the price. And I know, trainers have to say that, to sell the product. It's fortunate there are other alternatives to the Dazzleglasses now.
th_DANCE.gif

How much does Chanel sell them for?
And btw, I completely agree with you. It is ridiculous.
It's just another case of having to write to MAC and complain. Trust me, they listen. And if enough ppl complain, the product will become so much better, and who knows, the price might decrease.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
Is it just me or is it that all my newer lipglasses/dazzleglasses look like they are not filled up all the way? Before I even opened my HK lipglosses, it had a centimeter length airbubble in it.
th_dunno.gif
I'm pretty sure my older lipglasses didn't have that.
Does anyone else have this?

Yes, my new Smile and Goldyrocks have these air bubbles as well. You can see my pics in the swatch thread.

But I love Dazzlaglasses, so I don't complain
winks.gif

contrabassoon

Dazzleglasses are a rip-off for sure.
$20 bucks for that minute amount? I don't think so!

As for the HK l/g, I noticed it had less amount of product too.