MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Mac-Guy

... and they smell and taste nice.
heart.gif

OctoberViolet

I think I may have the names of at least two of the cremeblend blushes coming out in this collection: Posey & So Sweet. Also, I think this lipstick may be in this collection, it's called Dish It Up Lipstick. Sounds like maybe it belongs to the Cook, Cook, Cook part of it, but who knows with MAC. If I can find out more info I will post.
flower.gif

xasperadastra

I think I may have the names of at least two of the cremeblend blushes coming out in this collection: Posey & So Sweet. Also, I think this lipstick may be in this collection, it's called Dish It Up Lipstick. Sounds like maybe it belongs to the Cook, Cook, Cook part of it, but who knows with MAC. If I can find out more info I will post.
flower.gif

so they are all repromotes? I though there would be Florida and optimistic orange from the info we have seen in the Early buzz topic!

OctoberViolet

I do believe Florida & Optimistic Orange will be out also. I have to say, I am not 100% sure that those blushes will be in this collection. I saw the names and found out they are cremeblends, so I just assumed.
If I am giving out any wrong information, I do apologize. I just got a little (okay I'll be honest), over-excited when I found out some of these names. I am trying to put them in the collection(s) I believe they should belong too.

so they are all repromotes? I though there would be Florida and optimistic orange from the info we have seen in the Early buzz topic!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So can Cremeblend blushes also be worn on the lips? I never tried any creme blushes from MAC, I'm not a fan of creme cheek products in general. I just have one Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge and hate it with a passion, LOL. I have no idea how to apply it, everything I tried so far didn't really work and I didn't like it at all, it always ends up looking patchy. What's the best brush and technique to apply creme blush?
The colours of Florida and Optimistic Orange look amazing, so maybe I would give them a try.

liba

So can Cremeblend blushes also be worn on the lips? I never tried any creme blushes from MAC, I'm not a fan of creme cheek products in general. I just have one Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge and hate it with a passion, LOL. I have no idea how to apply it, everything I tried so far didn't really work and I didn't like it at all, it always ends up looking patchy. What's the best brush and technique to apply creme blush?
The colours of Florida and Optimistic Orange look amazing, so maybe I would give them a try.
They're not all lip or eye safe - if I recall correctly, Florida might be. I think I'd asked about it at the time but it's hard to remember. Chances are it just goes by the individual color.

I get the best results applying them with a 190, of all things, but that's for swiping it on and then doing mostly just localized blending around the edges of the swipe. I only use them in concentrated areas anyhow, since they're so bright - either along the cheek bone, 80's disco style, or just a smidge on the apples of the cheeks, so the stiff brush is good. I've tried them with duo-fiber brushes too, but the color was harder to control. I have small cheeks, so I need to be careful. That face brush from Semi-Precious would be great, I bet, but I missed out on getting it.

I love them, but you really need to have a plan of attack before you apply them or it's clown cheek time. I wouldn't say they're patchy, but if you're too afraid and put too little on, then have to add more in a different spot, blending the two points together evenly can be tricky. Once you get your battle plan down with them, though, they're just as easy to use as an equally pigmented powder shadow.

One thing - I don't much care for using them over foundation.....makes blending a little trickier and also they just look fresher and sassier on bare skin, maybe with a little powder over instead.

xasperadastra

I use 188 or 128 (semi precious) which I dare say it's better than 188 for cremeblend blushes! I don't use too much product and set with transparent powder! I avoid my creme blush in summer (also because it's too light and it barely shows up in winter)

liba

I use 188 or 128 (semi precious) which I dare say it's better than 188 for cremeblend blushes! I don't use too much product and set with transparent powder! I avoid my creme blush in summer (also because it's too light and it barely shows up in winter)
I use my cream blushes more in the winter too, but because my skin gets dry and the cremeblend blush gives a really refreshed, dewey finish.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I didn't get any of the Semi Precious brushes. Maybe I should have, but I found the split fibre thing kind of weird, so I didn't even pay much attention to them.

elegant-one

One thing - I don't much care for using them over foundation.....makes blending a little trickier and also they just look fresher and sassier on bare skin, maybe with a little powder over instead.

Yep, I agree!!! I just use my fingers to apply. Looks more natural then I think. I have all of the past MAC creme blushes & I love all of the colors on. They are easy to do just a soft subtle pop of color on the apples blended back a bit And, they are always divine on the lips

Mac-Guy

I didn't get any of the Semi Precious brushes. Maybe I should have, but I found the split fibre thing kind of weird, so I didn't even pay much attention to them.
If you use a spatula, it is very easy to pick up the right dose each time. Though, of course, first you need to figure out how much product you need, but that won't take too long.

Mac-Guy

I use my cream blushes more in the winter too, but because my skin gets dry and the cremeblend blush gives a really refreshed, dewey finish.

They are the best invention for dry cheeks, especially during the winter. Cremeblend blushes look so much more youthful than powder blushes.

elegant-one

I think that the last release of the creme blushes we felt that they actually improved our skin. I can't remember if that was part of their description though or someone told us that they contained goodies for the skin.