MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

GlamQueen21

My wallet is going to be so mad at me when this collection comes out. I will be hauling a lot from this collection to make it up for Wonder Woman collection.

jillybean

Holy shit, I LOVE the promo pics. If this is the big spring collection, I will be very happy. I haven't been thrilled with spring since HK & SCF. WW sucked.

Piarpreet

oh ya most of em lol.... "naturally" cracks me up.... ya.... "natural" lol BUT the fact that this repeats the words 3 times, in some kind of an obsessive manner makes me think like it get's first place!

Oh my! I have to "coo, cook, cook" I have to "shop, shop, shop". It's just funny. Funnier than usual... you got a better one? like another one that strickes you as a little "gendered"?
Lol. Aren't they all?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
oh ya most of em lol.... "naturally" cracks me up.... ya.... "natural" lol BUT the fact that this repeats the words 3 times, in some kind of an obsessive manner makes me think like it get's first place!
Oh my! I have to "coo, cook, cook" I have to "shop, shop, shop". It's just funny. Funnier than usual... you got a better one? like another one that strickes you as a little "gendered"?
To be honest, I think the name and the theme of this collection is weird. Like some mind control thing, LOL. But I just care about the products and I'm gonna ignore the rest.

sss215

I cook, cook, cook and shop, shop, shop! and i love both.

its always been funny to me how cooking is always associated women when its mostly men who are executive chefs and bakers. more famous chefs are men than women! men in power get to make all important food decisions; and the stereotype only applies to women who cook at home in the kitchen. interesting how that works!

optimistic orange would fit so well with this collection! I passed before, even passed when it was at the CCO! I'll be excited it it shows up.

elegant-one

I'm perfectly happy if men cook cook cook & clean clean clean...all while I shop shop shop
greengrin.gif

OctoberViolet

I actually love cook, cook, cooking and shop, shop, shopping. None of my ex's have ever cooked. I wish they had. One of these days I'd like to come home and have a home cooked meal waiting for me instead of me coming home from a hectic day at the office and having to cook for them. As of now. I'm happy & single and cooking and shopping all for myself & my kitties. That's just the way I like it!
yahoo.gif

rubytitania

I'm really not crazy about the name/concept of this collection... It looks a bit Stepford Wives! I'm sure it'll be marketed as some kind of ironic retro kitsch thing though. Still, it's not half as off-putting as Quite Cute!

Mac-Guy

This promo pic captures the ads from the 1950s, where the domestic housewife was the center of the attention, including all the household stuff that came with it. Adding "S3" to this picture, it certainly gives it another twist, which shows another side of the housewife, featuring her habit of conspicuous consumption; it's not just "shop," it's shop, shop, shop. Given the S3, I don't find this image too sexist.

An example of a typical ad from the 1950s.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I actually love cook, cook, cooking and shop, shop, shopping. None of my ex's have ever cooked. I wish they had. One of these days I'd like to come home and have a home cooked meal waiting for me instead of me coming home from a hectic day at the office and having to cook for them. As of now. I'm happy & single and cooking and shopping all for myself & my kitties. That's just the way I like it!
yahoo.gif

I'm with you, in that I love both. Of course, the fact that I love both tends to mean that I end up having to take care of both in all cases (yay, I get to go shopping for a new mop head... feel my excitement).

I also think that the theme for this collection is a sort of send-up of the 50s housewife idea- the chipper little busybody who shopped and cooked all day (and took lots of valium to stop from getting stabby with people). The palette seems to feature those bright shades that were so prominent then (partially because technology didn't allow for proper reproduction of more muted shades).

OctoberViolet

Katred, you have me cracking up! The theme for this collection doesn't bother me at all. I think (in another life) I was meant to be a housewife back in the 50's. I probably would have loved it. I would have loved all the neighborhood gossip. And each housewive trying to upstage one another with their husbands jobs, dinners and the kids.

And, not surprisingly, since we are so similar. I have to go to Target over my Winter recess and buy a new mop myself. I had one for the longest time and, I guess with the way they are made nowadays, they just don't last long with the way I mop.
shrugs.gif

I'm with you, in that I love both. Of course, the fact that I love both tends to mean that I end up having to take care of both in all cases (yay, I get to go shopping for a new mop head... feel my excitement).

I also think that the theme for this collection is a sort of send-up of the 50s housewife idea- the chipper little busybody who shopped and cooked all day (and took lots of valium to stop from getting stabby with people). The palette seems to feature those bright shades that were so prominent then (partially because technology didn't allow for proper reproduction of more muted shades).