MAC Slimshine Discussion

SARAHheartsMAC

I just thought I'd start a slimshine discussion as I read that they will be re-launched with some new shades pretty soon.
yahoo.gif

I am really excited about this release as I wasn't into Mac last time round. I have got a hold of a few through Ebay and Specktra (Pink D'Lush, Kissable) and LOVE them.

So anyways I know with all the hype around Fafi and Heatherette the Slimshines may not be that exciting but I can't wait to haul!!
drools.gif

redecouverte

i can't wait for the slimshines to come back
drools.gif
! I was shocked when i learned that they were discontinued!!
nonono.gif

i love the finish and the fact that they're sheer and buildable...
i love urgent and lovey dovey...although i can live without lovey dovey
as soon as they come out, unless they become permanent, i am buying back ups of urgent...best red ever!!
th_DANCE.gif

jolener

the MA and my counter said feb 7th that it'll be released, but i asked her about fafi and she said she knew nothing about it and same with the other MAs but i think they do know

newagetomatoz

The one I really want to try is (I forget the name) the one is that is blue with gold pearl but goes on clear. I'm a sucker for anything blue, as well as gold, so this is the perfect combination for me!

Glassdoll

i'm kinda excited to try the slimshines, i wasn't into MAC when this first came out so i'm glad they're being released again, so i can get to see what the hype abt these are. I've got Bare, which my MA gave me, but it doesn't really show much on my lips. But i like the texture.

Jacq-i

I never got around to getting *any* Slimshines, so I'm excited these are coming back.
smiles.gif

*KT*

I'm wanting Urgent!, Most Wanted, and Scant... assuming they're as nice on my lips as they are on the swatch thread. I might want Intimidate too, but I don't really trust the descriptions to really get excited about it until I see a swatch.

Linky for 2007 Slimshines swatches since 13 of these are being repromoted. =)
http://specktra.net/f217/mac-slimshi...-2007-a-68625/

amoona

Um, honestly I'm not crazy about them personally. They didn't sell too well at my counter when they came out and they were just kinda there and started pissing me off haha. So maybe I'm bias. I'd be much happier if Mattenne was made perm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
The one I really want to try is (I forget the name) the one is that is blue with gold pearl but goes on clear. I'm a sucker for anything blue, as well as gold, so this is the perfect combination for me!

That was Blast-O-Blue, it wasn't a Slimshine. It came out with C-Shock.

gigglegirl

I'm curious to check out the texture of these. I assume they are smoother application than Mattenes? Should be an interesting array of colours!

AlliSwan

I LOOOOOVE the slimshines! I think Bare is one of the best products MAC has ever come out with. It works on my cool skintone as well as on my friends' very warm complexion. I've used it on my mom, who has olive skin, and she looks amazing in it.

I like the creams ones more than the frosty ones, they always looked a little drugstore/old ladyish to me...

Fairybelle

I love these because they are hydrating, and give you buildable color! So happy these are on their way back to counters!

GlamYOURUs

I bought one when it first came out. And I fell in love with it! I bought Mousse. I just wish, at the time I bought more colors. I am excited to see they are relaunching this product. Its so hydrating, moisturizing and the color is defintely buildble. I have two matenne's but imho, I prefer the slimshines.

9db68dbf.jpg

35efb33c.jpg

db25aad6.jpg

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
... That was Blast-O-Blue, it wasn't a Slimshine. It came out with C-Shock.

No, I know about Blast-O-Blue. In the upcoming collection, there is a new shade that is being released called Rock Out, according to the article in Specktra's Beauty Blog (I looked it up this time!
smiles.gif
). Hopefully the color will go on sheer, not at all pigmented because having blue lips is just too weird for me! LOL

slowhoney

Someone here said the Slimshines were going to be permanent this time around. I tried to verify this with her but her PM box was full. :p Does anyone else know whether this is true or not?

rchickos

Click here for the blog article mentioned above. I had to look it up because I wanted to see the shade descriptions for all the new ones too!

New shades:
Think Tan - Deep reddish brown with gold pearl (Matte)
Assertive - Rusty brown with gold pearl (Matte)
Voile - Canary yellow with gold pearl (Matte)
Missy - Pastel creamy coral (Cream)
Grenadier - Deep creamy bluish red (Cream)
Rock Out - Clean light blue pink with gold pearl (Cream)
Intimidate - Creamy plum pink (Cream)

Repromoted shades:
Bare
Pleasing
Long Stem Rose
Scant
Mousse
Lovey Dover
Prudeaux
Ultra Elegant
Funshine
Urgent!
Cocoamour
Most Wanted
Gaily

The only one I bought during the original release was Pink d'Lush, and I'm so glad I did since it's not being rereleased. I picked up Prudeaux later at my CCO. I think Grenadier will be #1 on my list this time.
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

-this will not look blue. Its just saying about the pink tone is a blue pink.

Like the Pink Finery bag had Blueblood - Creamy blue pink (Lustre)--didn't look blue, just describing the pink tone.

eponine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
-this will not look blue. Its just saying about the pink tone is a blue pink.

Like the Pink Finery bag had Blueblood - Creamy blue pink (Lustre)--didn't look blue, just describing the pink tone.

yep, rock out is definitely a hot pink, not blue.
there are no blue slimshines yet.
ssad.gif

eponine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchickos
Click here for the blog article mentioned above. I had to look it up because I wanted to see the shade descriptions for all the new ones too!

New shades:
Think Tan - Deep reddish brown with gold pearl (Matte)
Assertive - Rusty brown with gold pearl (Matte)
Voile - Canary yellow with gold pearl (Matte)
Missy - Pastel creamy coral (Cream)
Grenadier - Deep creamy bluish red (Cream)
Intimidate - Creamy plum pink (Cream)

Repromoted shades:
Bare
Pleasing
Long Stem Rose
Scant
Mousse
Lovey Dover
Prudeaux
Ultra Elegant
Funshine
Urgent!
Cocoamour
Most Wanted
Gaily

The only one I bought during the original release was Pink d'Lush, and I'm so glad I did since it's not being rereleased. I picked up Prudeaux later at my CCO. I think Grenadier will be #1 on my list this time.
smiles.gif

i'm so sad pink d'lush isn't cming back, that was my favorite of the first round of slimshines. grenadine(that's the actual name of the new one you're talking about) is an awesome color, though. i'm the most excited to get that one and rock out. i wish the other new colors were a bit more interesting, they just seemed kinda blah to me.