MAC Smoky Black Friday Collection (Nov 21/28, 2014)

MooseMoose

Yes!! I've only worn it like twice myself, not sure why I don't wear it more because it's truly beautiful. I didn't even know this was limited edition, at the time I just remembered thinking how Rimmel was pretty bad-ass for releasing a color like this as a drug store brand.
Omg!! I think I've used it once maybe twice, it's really pretty over a red. Man, it was pretty badass for them to release it, I wish more drugstore brands would flex in "crazy" colors to their lip product line up. I need to try this gloss over VGR2!

Cake Face

Omg!! I think I've used it once maybe twice, it's really pretty over a red. Man, it was pretty badass for them to release it, I wish more drugstore brands would flex in "crazy" colors to their lip product line up. I need to try this gloss over VGR2!
I think I've loved all of the VGR2 combos I've tried, so I'm sure this will look great! I once tried this over Lime Crime Serpentina, and it was pretty awesome. So many possibilities with this color, needless to say if MAC releases something similar in the smoky black Friday collection I am IN!

MooseMoose

I think I've loved all of the VGR2 combos I've tried, so I'm sure this will look great! I once tried this over Lime Crime Serpentina, and it was pretty awesome. So many possibilities with this color, needless to say if MAC releases something similar in the smoky black Friday collection I am IN!
I bet that looked gorgeous over Serpentina. Hopefully MAC does a gloss, and eyeshadow palette would really bum me out

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
A black/charcoal-ish gloss would be AHHMAZING!!!

Rimmel had something like that a few years back. They may still sell it? did a quick swatch (ignore my paper cuts, I've been packing for an office move all week )
That looks really cool, I didn't know Rimmel made shades like this.

mimi0701

Carbon is always involved, one way or another xD
I thought I must have been the only person who didn't own carbon. I only have two mac shadows and some holiday palettes from years ago. Imagine my surprise when I looked at one yesterday and saw carbon in it. There's no escaping that darn color.
getyou.gif

Mizani

This morning I came to the thread again and could not stop laughing. It is effing hilarious
lmao.gif
It is!!

Especially since it is the truth! I bought Carbon years ago and still have it. It is my only one. I've never bought a MAC palette so fortunately I've avoided duplicates.

lilinah

Aargh! I only own two MAC palettes - Cutie x4 from Quite Cute and Spider Queen x6 from Rick Baker - and there's a Carbon in my Spider Queen! Aargh! I guess i never noticed because i don't wear black eyeshadow (and i've worn all the other shadows in that palette).

Out! Out! Damned Carbon! Out, i say!

pocketmouse

LOL! That gif is awesome. If it's a shadow like Hocus Pocus I'll be happy. Love that shadow!
Hocus Pocus is one of my all time faves
eyelove.gif
I remember there was a period of time where Hocus Pocus, Moleskin, and Creamy Bisque were my go to colors, I was totally obsessed. I kinda forgot about them & just found them again in my MAC palette that I've been neglecting, I definitely have to use them again!

also, I totally regret missing Grey Friday too! I think I forgot about it, and then it ended up selling out. I have Black Knight (bleh), Hautecore (much better), Firm Form (super pretty), and Dark Outsider (the black gloss from Punk Couture), but I definitely hope they come out with Grey Friday again.

edit: off topic, but what was that one lipstick MAC came out with -- it looked blue/green in the tube, and it went on really sheer but just left a really pretty sparkle/glitter? It was before I was really into MAC, so I never got it, but it was gorgeous and I've been really wishing they'd re-release it. Does anyone know the name of it?
Nevermind! I found it! It was called 'Summer Shower'