MAC Smoky Black Friday Collection (Nov 21/28, 2014)

Vineetha

They should start making it out of cocoa powder like the too faced chocolate palette so you can pop it out & eat it and at least it will have served some purpose.
lmao.gif

liba

Can you believe it - I don't actually have Carbon. I actually double checked to make sure, lol. I am not sure how I've managed to dodge it all these years.

Dark Dare EDES is still the very best black shadow I own, hands down. It's still the only EDES with the "Glow" finish. I wish we could see more of that style…I'd buy them all up, mini size version or not.

Rebel Riley

Can you believe it - I don't actually have Carbon. I actually double checked to make sure, lol. I am not sure how I've managed to dodge it all these years.  Dark Dare EDES is still the very best black shadow I own, hands down. It's still the only EDES with the "Glow" finish. I wish we could see more of that style…I'd buy them all up, mini size version or not.
How did u make it this far... without it popping up somewhere lol. Tell us ur secret

shellygrrl

Staff member
They should start making it out of cocoa powder like the too faced chocolate palette so you can pop it out & eat it and at least it will have served some purpose.
:roflmao:
Can you believe it - I don't actually have Carbon. I actually double checked to make sure, lol. I am not sure how I've managed to dodge it all these years.
I don't own Carbon, either. Never have. Don't need it.

Kaidan

I've skipped so many palettes because of carbon!
Me too!

I can't justify buying a MAC palette with Carbon on it when I have UD Blackout (the most perfect black eye shadow for me
heart.gif
) and Perversion. To make it even worse, the quality of Carbon is usually chalky, stiff, and dry. If MAC wants to put a dark color as a staple for palettes, they should go for Nehru or Typographic. Heck, I second or third the motion for a Hocus Pocus revival because that one was a good eye shadow (it shall be missed), or bring Pepper from the Gravitas palette as a single.

liba

How did u make it this far... without it popping up somewhere lol. Tell us ur secret
I don't buy a lot of quads or holiday palettes, I guess
tease.gif

Seriously, I only buy them when all 4 colors I'm excited about and think I can get lots of use out of. Otherwise, I'm all about single shadows all the way.

I bet there WILL be an eye product in this collection, just because of the "Smoky" in the name. Maybe it'll be a second offering of the black Greasepaint Stick. That thing can do it all for smoky eyes.

Kristin Bacon

Hocus Pocus is one of my all time faves
eyelove.gif
I remember there was a period of time where Hocus Pocus, Moleskin, and Creamy Bisque were my go to colors, I was totally obsessed. I kinda forgot about them & just found them again in my MAC palette that I've been neglecting, I definitely have to use them again!

also, I totally regret missing Grey Friday too! I think I forgot about it, and then it ended up selling out. I have Black Knight (bleh), Hautecore (much better), Firm Form (super pretty), and Dark Outsider (the black gloss from Punk Couture), but I definitely hope they come out with Grey Friday again.

edit: off topic, but what was that one lipstick MAC came out with -- it looked blue/green in the tube, and it went on really sheer but just left a really pretty sparkle/glitter? It was before I was really into MAC, so I never got it, but it was gorgeous and I've been really wishing they'd re-release it. Does anyone know the name of it?
Nevermind! I found it! It was called 'Summer Shower'
Hocus Pocus is a atf of mine. i have two!! and i also have summer shower i really love it but somehow it is getting neglected. putting it in my purse tonight. another dark smokey fave of mine is beluga. i may have 3 of that one hahaha. Oh and i also DO NOT OWN A SINGLE CARBON haha. Not one. and i have a ton of palettes. guess i always skip the ones wit carbon in them. i dont understand how it is always on the best seller list on the mac site. i own many better swatching ones from what i seen of carbon. i have the Nars Pandora duo, that one is good enough.