MAC Snowball / Snow Ball collection (Holiday 2017)

Mac-Guy

Definitely eyeing up Stylishly Merry, even though I'm still sooo irritated that they are recycling a name (from another EDES no less) instead of coming up with something original.
They must have had a tons of staff changes in their marketing department in the recent years. That's the only plausible reason how name recycling in such a short timeframe can happen.

Jayjayy

Everything is so beautiful! I'm really loving this collection. The packaging is very holiday to me, but a grown-up holiday filled with champagne. I pre-ordered one of the face bag from Nordstrom. It'd be ridiculous of me to complain about having similar shades of everything... it's not MAC fault I'm a recovering makeup addict lol. I don't mind, because now I can replace older items and love newer things.

I want the lipstick set but I haaate baby lipsticks!

Icecaramellatte

I want the Just Beaming lipstick in the Warm set, and the mini brush set with the Pom Pom bag. I was in Herald Square Macy's the other day and forgot to check and see if their MAC had Snow Ball on preview darn it lol
I didn't see anything last week. I didn't ask though.

Mac-Guy

Gawd. This collection is so huge, it is hard to get through swatch videos as they are so long. The l/s set looks really pretty though.

jackiegeee

There is so much I want! Cool lip set, one of the brush sets, a few lipsticks, eyeshadows, highlighters, rose gold palette, and WoG! Never been able to get it, hoping I can this time. Confused by “retailer exclusive.” Does that mean it won’t be online? Is it only at MAC stores? Been looking around online for an answer and can’t find anything definitive.

Shars

There is so much I want! Cool lip set, one of the brush sets, a few lipsticks, eyeshadows, highlighters, rose gold palette, and WoG! Never been able to get it, hoping I can this time. Confused by “retailer exclusive.” Does that mean it won’t be online? Is it only at MAC stores? Been looking around online for an answer and can’t find anything definitive.

I think it means it'll be exclusive to a MAC retailer like Nordstrom, Dillards, Ulta etc.

poodle649

I just preordered WoG at my Macy's store. They were putting all the holiday displays together today.
I got my fiance to preorder me the 10 piece mini lipstick set, the cool mini lipstick kit, and two of the full sized lippies - Holiday Crush and I'm Glistening.

jackiegeee

I just preordered WoG at my Macy's store. They were putting all the holiday displays together today.
I got my fiance to preorder me the 10 piece mini lipstick set, the cool mini lipstick kit, and two of the full sized lippies - Holiday Crush and I'm Glistening.
Awesome, I'm totally going to try to preorder tomorrow!

jackiegeee

Went to Macy's today to preorder WoG and they told me it was part of the "2nd wave" and they couldn't do a presale yet (they also told me it's a Macy's exclusive). I went to Nordstrom and asked there and they let me preorder (yay!), but they also mentioned the "2nd wave" and said it wouldn't ship until Nov 2nd.

Anyone else being told there's two waves for this collection?

I'm so stoked I'm finally going to get WoG!

Mac-Guy

Went to Macy's today to preorder WoG and they told me it was part of the "2nd wave" and they couldn't do a presale yet (they also told me it's a Macy's exclusive). I went to Nordstrom and asked there and they let me preorder (yay!), but they also mentioned the "2nd wave" and said it wouldn't ship until Nov 2nd.

Anyone else being told there's two waves for this collection?

I'm so stoked I'm finally going to get WoG!
The holiday collection is typically released in several parts. HTH

mac_aiken

I preordered the big lipstick set and the pink lipgloss bag. I will order a couple of pieces of the color collection online when it drops then I am done with MAC holiday. Rihanna and Kat Von D got my holiday money this year (and I am eyeing that Ruby Dior eye quint as well).

jpohrer

I was told the same thing. Preorders for Wave II start October 19 at my Macy's, which includes all of the sets/bags/kits.

Icecaramellatte

Mac Snowball videos

I watched a few Youtube videos this weekend. It seems that they had some parties so people were able to get products early. I wasn't invited a guess :(

The first one looks fab in the red lipstick.
The second one picked up products from a party.
The 3rd is a collaboration of Mac Artists, one of which is Keri Blair. I loved her talk of old school Mac products. So many great products from Mac. It seems like many of them are making a comeback in a new form. Mac used to do a ton of metallic color lips and they were my faves. Anyhow will link the ones I watched.
[video=youtube_share;6QPynrdHRS8]https://youtu.be/6QPynrdHRS8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;nBD5OtFNUm8]https://youtu.be/nBD5OtFNUm8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;cxlmPaymPOY]https://youtu.be/cxlmPaymPOY[/video]

Last edited:

lippieluv2013

Have not been keeping up with releases but of course the packaging for this collection grabbed my attention. Looking to grab just a couple of things...I'm Glistening and Stylishly Merry (if I can find it). The powders are pretty but not spectacular but if I received one as a gift I wouldn't be mad :roflmao:And the red lippie is gorgeous but I already have way too many red lipsticks.