MAC Snowball / Snow Ball collection (Holiday 2017)

missjulie

If my memory is right, I think MAC also said last year when the face compacts of the Nutcracker Sweet collection sold out really fast that they won't be doing a restock of those. But then they did. So that might give a little hope.

Rinstar

I can't wait to hear what you think of the powder. What es is that? It's Snowing?
Yes, It's Snowing! I'll be using that and the powder today so I'll let you know my thoughts! Will try to swatch to without ruining the snowflake ;)

The eyeshadows were all SOOOOOO much prettier than I anticipated. They all have a bit of a duochrome effect, with the exception of the darkest one. Stylishly Merry is a MUST if you like that shifty effect. Can't wait to get mine.

Audrey C

I haven't bought any makeup in awhile (been too busy buying purses)or any MAC since Fruity Juicy, but I bought quite a lot of this collection. The holiday collection is always my biggest spend because I stock up on glosses for the year and usually will buy a lippie or powder if I like the packaging. Or both. :santa:

My order:
Holiday Crush l/s
Elle Belle l/s (hope this isn't too dark for me)
Nude Lip Gloss Set
Rose Lip Gloss Set
Here Comes Joy Face Powder

Audrey C

Just got the Obsessed early access email for the MAC Classics lipstick box set, I love being Obsessed lol

I'm Obsessed and got nothing. I never get emails from them anymore, despite calling in to be sure they have the right email address and that I'm subscribed. They assure me that I am, but I don't get any emails. Ever. Grr....

elegant-one

I haven't bought any makeup in awhile (been too busy buying purses)or any MAC since Fruity Juicy, but I bought quite a lot of this collection. The holiday collection is always my biggest spend because I stock up on glosses for the year and usually will buy a lippie or powder if I like the packaging. Or both. :santa:

My order:
Holiday Crush l/s
Elle Belle l/s (hope this isn't too dark for me)
Nude Lip Gloss Set
Rose Lip Gloss Set
Here Comes Joy Face Powder

:rofl::rofl::rofl::heart::wavey: I am on the fence about HCJ powder. I need to know if it's too shimmery & how the shade looks on the skin. Good to see you here!

nudibelle

Find scored my stylishly merry
And went home swatched it against my dazzleshadow slow fast slow
Its pretty much the same ..it might be a touch more golden, but its the same

In case you ladies missed out, get slow fast slow
And its definitely gritty, not like extra dimension formula, just like the dazzle formula

Audrey C

:rofl::rofl::rofl::heart::wavey: I am on the fence about HCJ powder. I need to know if it's too shimmery & how the shade looks on the skin. Good to see you here!
I was assured that it's more of a frost, but absolutely no glitter. If there's glitter, it's going back.

I've been having fun but sadly, bags cost more than lipstick. :mecry:

lipstickaddict

Okay, so the Bay just cancelled my Delicate drift which was originally supposed to be Stylishly merry. At this point, all I can do is laugh:rofl::rotfl::club:

Rinstar

I was assured that it's more of a frost, but absolutely no glitter. If there's glitter, it's going back.

I've been having fun but sadly, bags cost more than lipstick. :mecry:
Wore my Here Comes Joy today and I can assure you there is ZERO glitter. It is a smooth, delicate sheen, not a "see it from space" type of highlight. I ended up being in a bit of a rush when I applied it, will try to do some swatch comparisons, but off the top of my head it's way less shimmery than Show Gold or Oh Darling or those kind of h/l.

NaturallyUrs

I really hope they eventually make this 140se brush permanent...the shorter handle makes it perfect for more controlled application.

sweetkitty

I saw the collection in person tonight, the packaging is pretty but I am honestly surprised that it sold out so quickly, most of the lipsticks and eyeshadows were gone at the MAC store and Hudson's Bay counter that I went to.

The only thing I want is the WOG face kit, and I am uncertain if I will get it.

OT but, I am reading that MAC is changing their brushes to all synthetic and having major sales at Macys. I am in Canada and haven't seen any such sales. Will they be on sale here too eventually? I went looking for the MAC 224 online and all that was left was the short-handled so I grabbed one at a counter tonight (the full size, not interested in SH), I forgot how expensive their brushes are, $44 Canadian after taxes for that brush.

Mac-Guy

MAC Guy, are you getting Here Comes Joy? When I put it on today it vaguely reminded me of How Beautiful bp and I remember you loved that

Yes! It was the first item that I got from this collection. It is very smooth and blendable.