MAC Snowball / Snow Ball collection (Holiday 2017)

Mac-Guy

Forgot to add: Pros get a 25% discount on the sets (not the color collection). Regular discount will kick in as usual two weeks after the release.

mac_aiken

Hi my dear friend!!! Missed you so much. :kisskiss::heart: Thanks! because that's what I was afraid of. Like you, I just have not been buying hardly any Mac over the last year.
I haven't been spending a lot on makeup period lately but I have developed an unhealthy interest in Charlotte Tilbury recently. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

elegant-one

I haven't been spending a lot on makeup period lately but I have developed an unhealthy interest in Charlotte Tilbury recently. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I LOVE the CT palettes. Actually I've hoarded all of them. Did you get the new one? :kisskiss:

Is it as subtle as How Beautiful? I use HB all over to add some warmth without a lot of color or sheen to my skin.
Yes. I love that powder too.

Last edited:

lyseD

Unfortunately stock is really low at Mac stores in Canada (at least in Vancouver). I was working when the collection launched yesterday and the one eyeshadow I wanted sold out immediately at both online retailers here. I work today as well, so I called two local stores. Apparently they received only 3 of each eye shadow and sold out immediately. It isn't looking good here:mecry:

I got to my MAC store at about 11:30 and they had sold out all of the shadows and quite a few lipsticks. Apparently there was a lineup to get in.

I pre-ordered the WOG set although I am VERY unsure I really want it. I also loved the little lip gloss set in rose and the bag is gorgeous.

lyseD

I saw the collection in person tonight, the packaging is pretty but I am honestly surprised that it sold out so quickly, most of the lipsticks and eyeshadows were gone at the MAC store and Hudson's Bay counter that I went to.

The only thing I want is the WOG face kit, and I am uncertain if I will get it.

OT but, I am reading that MAC is changing their brushes to all synthetic and having major sales at Macys. I am in Canada and haven't seen any such sales. Will they be on sale here too eventually? I went looking for the MAC 224 online and all that was left was the short-handled so I grabbed one at a counter tonight (the full size, not interested in SH), I forgot how expensive their brushes are, $44 Canadian after taxes for that brush.

The manager at my MAC said she loved the synthetics and soon all will be replaced. I believe some in the holiday kits are the new synthetics.

I am waiting on a sale too, 50% off would be wonderful.

Rinstar

Is it as subtle as How Beautiful? I use HB all over to add some warmth without a lot of color or sheen to my skin.

It doesn't add warmth like HB does but it is very subtle. I am more likely to use it as a highlight though because it doesn't really add a lot of color to my skin.

Mac-Guy

I am feeling a strong like for it. I wouldn't say love, because I actually prefer my highlight to be a little stronger than this. But it will be nice for days when I am looking for something more subtle.
Based on MACs description, I was afraid it would be a glittery, disco ball highlight. But I found it to be very subtle.

Jayjayy

How does everyone like the outer clear plastic boxes? I kind of liked it for the Chromat collection and have had a hard time getting rid of it. I don't think I'll keep mine for this collection but I think people who like keeping boxes may like these as they can see the product in them. What do you think?

I think they look cheap since they can get all scratched & scuffed during shipping. And they're a pain in the bum to open! But, they fit the theme of this collection well. The packaging of the products is so pretty it was nice to see them through the box.

Mardybum

At the moment, eyeing Its Snowing, Elle Belle and Rouge en Snow, but waiting for more swatches. Still don’t know when it’ll launch in Brazil though

mac_aiken

Well thank goodness because I ordered it first thing this morning after I read your posts my dear :flowers: I called everywhere to try to get any of the es but no luck. Maybe I'll catch a restock. :heart:

I'm rethinking this but am debating. It would be a no brainier if it was like How Beautiful. But it sounds more like a subtle highlighter vs an all over powder.