MAC Snowball / Snow Ball collection (Holiday 2017)

emmxbee

Just noticed that most of the collection is now on the MAC UK website so managed to order myself Stylishly Merry and one of the Glow Getter/Face Bags sets. Also bought my sister one of the Face Bag sets as a gift for Christmas :D :D

jennyap

Just noticed that most of the collection is now on the MAC UK website so managed to order myself Stylishly Merry and one of the Glow Getter/Face Bags sets. Also bought my sister one of the Face Bag sets as a gift for Christmas :D :D

Can you post/PM a link, please? I can't find anything!

ETA Don't worry, I found it now lol.

sweetkitty

It looks like Hudsons Bay finally added shade descriptions for this collection, so you aren't ordering blindly, took them a week to do that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

missjulie

Was scrolling through Instagram, and saw people selling the sold out items for exactly DOUBLE of the original price... I just don't understand why people buy from them.

jennyap

OMG, I splurged big time! I've been super low-buying all year, but this collection is just so gorgeous, I'm pretty sure I bought more in the last 24 hours than all of the rest of 2017 lol.

Last night ordered Stylishly Merry, Delicate Drift and It's Snowing EDES and the Peach Face Bag (nothing else I wanted was up on the site at that point).

Then on my way to work this morning I saw that the rest of the collection was up - some already sold out, including Stylishly Merry and the two red lipsticks - and ordered Holiday Crush lipstick.

I was still dithering about a few other things, and when I walked past the counter on my way to work, saw that they had the whole collection out, which I hadn't expected. That was fatal for me LOL. Picked up Here Comes Joy, the nude Lip Bag, Advanced Brush Kit, and Shimmer & Spice lipstick. I was sorely tempted by I'm Glistening too, but had to draw the line somewhere :eek::eek:

Jayjayy

i just swatched it and color is pretty kind of peachy gold on me just like you mentioned but texture feels pretty dry and stiff. i am not impressed at all. color is not unique either. this should have been an easy skip.

Mine is dry as well. And not like a baked powder, but cheap dry and hard to pick up. WoG from the gold face bag however is buttery smooth. I'm pretty disappointed. I want to keep it because it's gorgeous, but if I'm keeping WoG there's no point.

elegant-one

Just got my 2 lipsticks RES & Belle - they are gorgeous! My Nordies said they shipped them to me but I never got them *sweats* 4 days later I still didn't get them, no one knows what happened. Ends up the package shipped but came back to the store I freak out lol but they found them & overnighted them to me. :doh: It really should not be this stressful just to enjoy makeup.

elegant-one

I forgot to mention this but I think there must be batch texture issues. My Frostwinked was hard & chunky! It was so rough & patchy on my eyelids. SM was super soft & buttery smooth. :scratch:

Monsy

Mine is dry as well. And not like a baked powder, but cheap dry and hard to pick up. WoG from the gold face bag however is buttery smooth. I'm pretty disappointed. I want to keep it because it's gorgeous, but if I'm keeping WoG there's no point.

yes that is the perfect description

i ordered another one to see maybe i will get better one this time.

Monsy

I've had that happen to me with several products over the years. I've also had ones that didn't seem to even be similar in color to ones that everybody else got. It's pretty weird.

yes you are right!! happened to me too that's why i will order another one, maybe i will have more luck this time.

Miss Dynamite

yes you are right!! happened to me too that's why i will order another one, maybe i will have more luck this time.
Good luck! I'm thinking of ordering the gold one (don't remember which name is which atm) cause the swatches I've seen, it's everything I wanted WoG to be, because while I still like it, the ones I have from the first launch are literally just like loose glitter, there is no base color to it. I planned on only getting 2 items from this collection now I want 15 total.

MRV

Missed out on the peach face kit (Show Gold). Is there a US site I could order it from? Nordstrom does not work for a foreign Paypal.

elegant-one

My Shimmer & Spice just arrived. It's a beautiful copper rose. I have nothing like this shade. It's very flattering on. I think I will call MAC CS & tell them they need to release another batch of the es & lipsticks as a Christmas present to Mac customers :santa::xmas::yes: They are just fabulous shades, creamy & long wearing. I had RES lipstick on this morning had coffee & snitched a piece of hubs pumpkin spice doughnut :p plus I ate chicken white bean chili soup (yum) & it still looked perfect on. I almost didn't want to take it off to try Belle & S&S. Belle is just stunning on!!!

Last edited:

elegant-one

I just called Mac & got a super nice gal. She said they have been getting complaint calls about the limited stock. She took my name & said she was typing out my whole suggestion...including making it a Christmas gift to Mac customers lol! She said she was going to forward it to the higher ups.
:p I finally have "good notes" :shakehead::roflmao::xmas:

Miss Dynamite

I just called Mac & got a super nice gal. She said they have been getting complaint calls about the limited stock. She took my name & said she was typing out my whole suggestion...including making it a Christmas gift to Mac customers lol! She said she was going to forward it to the higher ups.
:p I finally have "good notes" :shakehead::roflmao::xmas:

Hopefully they listen, I really want all of the eyeshadows or at least 4 of them since the black doesn't have an interesting shift to it.

Latest posts