MAC Snowball / Snow Ball collection (Holiday 2017)

elegant-one

I saw my mother today and she said to me "what is that eyeshadow and where can I get it." LOL Stylish Merry. I told her it is gone. I do wonder now if maybe I can get one. I keep getting emails from Nordies that I haven't picked up my order. But I have. I wonder if there is a duplicate order. I wouldn't mind a back up of Stylish Merry and Shimmer & Spice.

I love your mom, she is just the cutest how she loves makeup. Shimmer & Spice is so pretty on.

elegant-one

So happy I finally got the Lipstick “Rouge En Snow” this morning from Debenhams in their 15% off since it’s sold out everywhere... I even brought two so I won’t be panicking about running out of it haha thanks for that offer and some of my beauty points :D

Rouge En Snow is so beautiful on! I have a BU coming today :)

NATlar

Rouge En Snow is so beautiful on! I have a BU coming today :)
It really is I bet it looks beautiful on you!! I tried it on yesterday and fell in love and immediately wanted to buy it but it was sold out in both MAC stores near me was well disappointed haha so glad I checked Debenhams in time and managed to get my hands on two yay!!

Miss Dynamite

What do you all think of the face powders? I want to order a couple as gifts but not having seen them in person I can't make a decision. Is one a bit more neutral, one more glittery than shimmer? Any thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.
If it helps on suggestions the girls I'm getting them for are 26 & 32 years old. One is very fair and has red hair. The other light to med skin tone, blonde with blue eyes.
Also has anyone checked out the Nordies exclusive face bag with powder & brush? It says peach, just wondering how peach?
Thank you

The Peach Face Bag has Show Gold EDSF in it, you can look up swatches online, it's quite pretty, slightly peachy with a pink shift.

elegant-one

It really is I bet it looks beautiful on you!! I tried it on yesterday and fell in love and immediately wanted to buy it but it was sold out in both MAC stores near me was well disappointed haha so glad I checked Debenhams in time and managed to get my hands on two yay!!

:flowers: I found the staying power to be great too. Enjoy! :heart:

MACaddict1234

I love love love this collection, it came out in the UK yesterday and I picked up the shimmer and spice lipstick, the nude lip bag, one of the face bags, the happy go dazzlingly powder, and the adornment eyeshadow for now. The packaging is super christmasy and looks really cute! :xmas:

elegant-one

I got my It's Snowing & Starry Starry Nights eyeshadows today & I LOVE both. Actually, they make a great smoky eye combo. I use SSN up to the crease & then It's snowing in the crease & up a bit. :cloud9: SSN is such a lovely smoky shade.

Last edited:

lyseD

Made some comparison swatches of — left to right — Whisper of Gilt (Snow Ball), WoG (Nutcracker Sweet), Oh Darling (Magic of The Night) and Happy Go Dazzingly:
View attachment 62056
Even in the pan, I think it's obvious that this year's WoG is darker and more coppery (orange) than the one released in the previous holiday collection; MAC could have easily gotten away with labeling it a new shade considering the difference between either of them and Oh Darling.

Now I am really not sure if I should get WoG. I have it on hold but it's a lot of money ($60 CND) if I don't wear it. :hmm:

Icecaramellatte

I went crazy at Ulta! I went buy another Next to Nothing, more on that in it's own thread, but ended up with much more. I was surprised to see a testers of the eye palettes. I swatched them and liked them but forgot all about it when I saw the color collection. I don't think they were there the first day of release. Now I think about it they were in the same location as the WOG bag that I bought that day so they were not there. I got a BU Stylish Merry! Last one. I may or may not gift it. I ended up getting back ups of the other shadows and picked up the darkest one too. I skipped it initially. Not sure I really needed it. I'm wearing Delicate Drift today. I really like it but I feel like I had to dig in it quite a bit. I wore it with the purple from the Smashbox set I got in yesterday. It made for a very pretty eye look today. Also picked up 2 BU of Shimmer & Spice. They had a whole bunch. I also bought Elle's Belle. Just one. There were no testers of the color collection. I never saw this color or Rouge en Snow in Nordies as the testers were gone. I assumed they had already sold out. Now that I'm home and have tried it on. Love Elle's Belle! They had Rouge En Snow too. A whole bunch of them. I didn't think to even take a peek at it. Maybe if they had a tester, I would have swatched it but they had lots. They also had the highlighters.

Monsy

I got the rose gold palette and it is beautiful!! great pigmentation i am really surprised

lipstickaddict

The second wave of the Snowball collection has already launched online at the Bay if anyone from Canada is interested. The Snowball bag with WoG is up!

Haven

I went to my local Nordstrom yesterday. All of their gold bags are already spoken for. I was hoping to get another backup of Whisper of Gilt.

I have just started using my last bu from the original launch. Someone “permanently borrowed” aka stole the one that I was currently using, so I had to open my last bu.

Mac-Guy

I went to my local Nordstrom yesterday. All of their gold bags are already spoken for. I was hoping to get another backup of Whisper of Gilt.

I have just started using my last bu from the original launch. Someone “permanently borrowed” aka stole the one that I was currently using, so I had to open my last bu.
I wouldn't worry too much. WoG has been repromoted so many times, I am certain that it will come back soon enough.