MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

sss215

yay I love me some good orange eyeshadows!!!

Me too. Aside from looking good against my skin and usig them as a blush, they are my staple crease colors when i wear blues and purples; a MAC trainer taught me. For some reason, browns look like mud in the crease when I am wearing these colors. Oranges neutralize the blue or purple at the crease, and makes blended lines seamless. Red and orange based browns look better than a cooler browns, but orange just works so much better! I even blend oranges on top of browns.

Orange shadows are the best, ad surprisingly neutral, and multi-functional so bring them on!

MACcrazy

I'll have to try this! sounds just freaking amazing!
Me too. Aside from looking good against my skin and usig them as a blush, they are my staple crease colors when i wear blues and purples; a MAC trainer taught me. For some reason, browns look like mud in the crease when I am wearing these colors. Oranges neutralize the blue or purple at the crease, and makes blended lines seamless. Red and orange based browns look better than a cooler browns, but orange just works so much better! I even blend oranges on top of browns.

Orange shadows are the best, ad surprisingly neutral, and multi-functional so bring them on!

Richelle83

It's odd....Hibiscus didn't look bright on me. It was kind of subdued. Toxic Tale, on the other hand = eye-poppingly bright
heart.gif
Did you try out Exxxhibitionist Kissable Lip Colour from Peacocky? I bet that would look cute without being too glaring on you! I can't be 100% sure, but from the Shop Shop Shop promo pic, it looks like that one might be one of the Kissables they're bringing back.

Ok so apparently I was being a bit dramatic when I first tried on Hibiscus! It looks pretty durn good on me now. I didn't get Exxxhibistionist, from the swatches I've seen I probably should so now I'm thinking about getting it.

shontay07108

Orange shadows definitely get love from me. I always use Saffron or Rule (though Saffron is best) when I use Satin Taupe on my lid. It keeps ST from making me look dead. It also works with plum colors and just about anything else you can imagine. I picked that trick up on youtube. So glad I found it b/c now I love using ST. Edit to add: Saffron in the crease with Hocus Pocus on the lid is amazing.

sss215

shontay you should try Hot Paprika (pro longwear) it is a gorgeous orange and looks so pretty with a purple/brown crease colour.

That reminds me, I need to grab that, and it has a tiny bit of pink in there too. Pretty!

martiangurll

What if the lippy is really Lollipop Loving?

You know, I would say that I am fearful of orange lipstick and generally avoid the too orange lip, but Crosswires is my favorite lip color of all time and it is an orange/yellow based coral pink. So I could slowly acclimatize myself to more orange. Just so long as it is more coralish orange. But, you do have to be sure to whiten your teeth first. Whoever said orange lipstick makes the yellow stains noticeable wasn't kidding.

sinergy

i love lollipop loving. its a bit drying but i can handle it for how nice it looks when i have a good summer tan. and i really need to pick up Rule its come up so much in vids ive been watching, and threads im reading and random makeup convo with my sister..lol i think that means i need it!!!

and with that, back on topic...cant wait for more info on this collection though!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
What if the lippy is really Lollipop Loving?

You know, I would say that I am fearful of orange lipstick and generally avoid the too orange lip, but Crosswires is my favorite lip color of all time and it is an orange/yellow based coral pink. So I could slowly acclimatize myself to more orange. Just so long as it is more coralish orange. But, you do have to be sure to whiten your teeth first. Whoever said orange lipstick makes the yellow stains noticeable wasn't kidding.

Not to drag things off-topic again, but I have Lollipop Loving and I find it reads peach on me, rather than orange or coral. The shimmer makes it read quite pale.

GlamQueen21

Lollipop Loving is the most gorgeous lipstick that I ever own! Pairing this with Mimmy l/g is what makes it so special!

Latest posts