MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

CoralBlast

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
OMG...I thought oh, I'll go count mine just see...hahaha - 36 not including, BPB backups x3 or Dress Camp or BB or Nars...*hanging my head*

Let's see, adding Sonic Chic to that....oh, brother

Quote:
umm, i just went and counted all my blushes, and i'm a little scared to say how many i have.
001_unsure.gif

omg.gif
i have 37.
WTF2.gif
that's actual blushes, not MSFs since those aren't blushes. but 37 blushecreams and powder blushes (mac only-that doesn't count nars organsm or my flirt blushes i bought before i started working for mac). i need to sit down again and weed thru my non mac stuff again.

wow and i thought i was having a hard time with 11. i didn't add my nars or pupa or bobbi brown to it because in total that would be 18 blushes and not enough ass to use all of them (even though it's big), maybe i will do a full body make up. i haven't hit pan on any of them so to get some sonic chic i need to finish some fast!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
^^^Well, it's still cheaper than crack!
smiles.gif
Not that I know how much crack costs, but just sayin...

th_roll1.gif
That made me laugh so hard!
cutey.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
th_roll1.gif
That made me laugh so hard!
cutey.gif

You know all too well how things accumulate with your eyeshadow stash
lol.gif

darkishstar

Hahaha, I don't have ONE true blush then! Going by what Erine says!

I have.. Light Flush MSF, Warmed MSF, Alpha Girl BP, Pink Ingot Metal-X.
That's ALL I have.
Man, I really am NOT a blush user!
lol.gif

That makes me think I need to pick up more than just Dainty Blush.
But..... my budgeeeeeeeet. *explodes*

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Hahaha, I don't have ONE true blush then! Going by what Erine says!

I have.. Light Flush MSF, Warmed MSF, Alpha Girl BP, Pink Ingot Metal-X.
That's ALL I have.
Man, I really am NOT a blush user!
lol.gif

That makes me think I need to pick up more than just Dainty Blush.
But..... my budgeeeeeeeet. *explodes*

how can you not have a single blush?
shockt.gif
everyone needs to wear blush! come see me. i'll put some blush on ya. then you'll wonder how on earth you ever went without it.
th_wink3.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
how can you not have a single blush?
shockt.gif
everyone needs to wear blush! come see me. i'll put some blush on ya. then you'll wonder how on earth you ever went without it.
th_wink3.gif

I think I'm just scared that I'll over apply it an look like a clown!
greengrin.gif
I would love and come see you, you need to teach me how to use them blushes!
rofl.gif

But that's just the thing, I start using blush.. I'll start buying more of it!
Before you know it, I'll have like.. 30+ like you do!
tong.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
greengrin.gif
rofl.gif

tong.gif

That's totally how I feel. I started buying blush about a year ago and by that I mean something other than Sunbasque. =P Even with 20 blushes (OMG?!? REALLY?!? Yeesh, that scares me!!) I still don't know how to put it on properly, or at least I'm too scared too. It does happen tho, that on the days I'm rushing and I think I overdo it I have the best blush days.
yes.gif

Getting back to Sonic Chic, I'm hoping I can squeeze out some more birthday love for these! Augh, I sooooo wish I could b2m for them. I thought my blush craze would end after the bpb's but I can't take my eye off of these! I was hoping Gentle would have stronger berry tones tho, or maybe be a bit darker. At least in the swatches it looks lighter than I expected. But given the name "Gentle"..... okay, I'll stop rambling, lol. Ack, can't wait to see these in person!
th_DANCE.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
greengrin.gif
rofl.gif

tong.gif

And what is wrong with having 30+ blushes? Hmmm? It's like eyeshadow, but for the cheeks.

And don't worry like looking like a clown. I've been wearing blush for years and it still happens to the best of us. Just grin and bear it and blend/buffer like hell.
devil.gif
lol

erine1881

Quote:
greengrin.gif
rofl.gif

tong.gif

the key is to use a brush like the #129 that has two sides. apply a little blush to one side, smile, and apply to the apples (tapping instead of swiping), working your way up to your temples. then go back and blend in downward circles. if you applied a little too much, then you flip over to the other side of the brush, and buff some of it off. it takes practice, but before you know it, you will have killed the clown.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
the key is to use a brush like the #129 that has two sides. apply a little blush to one side, smile, and apply to the apples (tapping instead of swiping), working your way up to your temples. then go back and blend in downward circles. if you applied a little too much, then you flip over to the other side of the brush, and buff some of it off. it takes practice, but before you know it, you will have killed the clown.

I never thought of applying blush like that! I would always tap whatever brush I felt like using (129, 169, stippling, artist's mop) so I have a light layer of blush on the brush, and then pat it onto the apples/pillows of my cheeks and blend in both directions. Then I would gradually add more to make it more intense and to add a little countour. If I over-apply, I have this no-name white face powder that is pretty sheer. I take a buffer/kabuki brush and pat some on there and buff that over my cheeks very lightly. Or, I just blend it out with another brush I didn't use.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
And what is wrong with having 30+ blushes? Hmmm? It's like eyeshadow, but for the cheeks.

And don't worry like looking like a clown. I've been wearing blush for years and it still happens to the best of us. Just grin and bear it and blend/buffer like hell.
devil.gif
lol

Ahahaha... I don't even have 30 eyeshadows yet. Getting into blushes means more money spent on another product!
girl_devil.gif

Oh well, I'll give them a chance. What the heck, I'll have the MA try it on me and maybe I'll end up getting a few!

darkishstar

Quote:

Oooh, great tip!
smiles.gif
When I get some of these blushes, I will try that! But I don't have the 129... oooh, I hope I won't have to get that. I have a huge brush that I use for my msfs, that might work, it applies pretty sheerly too.
smiles.gif

Thank you so much. You are SO awesome!
yahoo.gif

Sophia84

Quote:

Same for the 116 right??

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
yes.gif
Actually, these collections all at once couldn't have come at a better time
winks.gif

I am still on the fence with these. I know I want 2 at most, but I am going to have to see them in person to decide which ones. I like the looks of Danity and Pleasantry from Tinkerbelle's swatches, but I really love the looks of Merrily from the ebay pictures posted awhile back. And the 181se brush is a must, unless it is permanent, then I will hold off a bit. While I have several blushes (8-9 I think), I have just this week, hit the pan on my 2 favorites - Blushbaby and Pink Swoon. If I am almost done with 2, I can buy 2 new ones right?
winks.gif

Yes, the 181 is a must, I agree
yes.gif
Pink Swoon is one of my favourites from the perm line, too (with Springsheen), I just bought a new one.
Sure buy two new ones!!

Susanne

Quote:
umm, i just went and counted all my blushes, and i'm a little scared to say how many i have.
001_unsure.gif

omg.gif
i have 37.
WTF2.gif
that's actual blushes, not MSFs since those aren't blushes. but 37 blushecreams and powder blushes (mac only-that doesn't count nars organsm or my flirt blushes i bought before i started working for mac). i need to sit down again and weed thru my non mac stuff again.

Hey, that' s ok
winks.gif
I think blush is a must have for every day.
yes.gif
I would never leave the house without concealer, powder and blush. At least that.

One year has 365 days and with 37 blushes you can use each a few times per year
greengrin.gif
Like shirts, I think.

Susanne

Quote:
OMG...I thought oh, I'll go count mine just to see...hahaha - 36 not including, BPB backups x3 or Dress Camp or BB or Nars...*hanging my head*

Let's see, adding Sonic Chic to that....oh, brother

I knew that
winks.gif

Susanne

Quote:
^^^Well, it's still cheaper than crack!
smiles.gif
Not that I know how much crack costs, but just sayin...

th_roll1.gif
This is what I will say if someone who doesn't understand a MAC addiction will ever see my collection...

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I was hoping Gentle would have stronger berry tones tho, or maybe be a bit darker. At least in the swatches it looks lighter than I expected.

I was a bit disappointed in this one too, because like you said, I was hoping for a brighter or darker raspberry shade. That's why I am leaning toward Merrily, because from the picture that was posted a few weeks back, it is the color that I was hoping Gentle would be
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by duch3ss25
I thought the same thing too. It's way too light for the merrily description but here's the other pic the seller posted. Sorry, I was so sleepy last night to post the labeled side of the blush. Here it is again:

merrily1.jpg

merrily2.jpg

Perhaps, it's washed out from the glare? **crosses finger that this is so as I want a red msf blush or something that can dupe stereo rose!

I just wanted to
icon_bump.gif
this again so I can
th_drool.gif
over it!
winks.gif