MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

BlahWah

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the key is to use a brush like the #129 that has two sides. apply a little blush to one side, smile, and apply to the apples (tapping instead of swiping), working your way up to your temples. then go back and blend in downward circles. if you applied a little too much, then you flip over to the other side of the brush, and buff some of it off. it takes practice, but before you know it, you will have killed the clown.

Oops, I've been digging my 129 into the blush then tapping and swirling onto my cheeks... duly noted to just use one side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I was a bit disappointed in this one too, because like you said, I was hoping for a brighter or darker raspberry shade. That's why I am leaning toward Merrily, because from the picture that was posted a few weeks back, it is the color that I was hoping Gentle would be
smiles.gif

Oooh, I totally forgot about that post! There's been so many swatches and pictures to keep track of. Thanks for posting it again. Merrily is less red than I thought it'd be which makes it unfortunate for us wanting a red blush but well, it'll be a good replacement for what I thought Gentle would be!
thmbup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Same for the 116 right??

that'll work too. if you look at the 116, 129 and 150, the ferrule is pinched, which makes the brushes flatened. this makes it so you use one side at a time. if the bristles were more rounded, then you'd use the top dome part, like you do with the 182.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Hey, that' s ok
winks.gif
I think blush is a must have for every day.
yes.gif
I would never leave the house without concealer, powder and blush. At least that.

One year has 365 days and with 37 blushes you can use each a few times per year
greengrin.gif
Like shirts, I think.

thats almost 10 uses per blush! and once i add these bad boys...oh no! since they can't be depotted, i hope they won't be tossed in a drawer and long forgotten. i always go straight for my blush palettes.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlialovesme
Merrily looks NOM NOM NOM. I want also. Damn it.

Nom_Nom_Nom_Bunny.jpg

I think the "NOM NOM NOM Bunny" wants Merrily too.
rofl.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Nom_Nom_Nom_Bunny.jpg

rofl.gif

awwww, that's soooo cute *poke*

Zantedge

Awww, that bunny's soo cute! Eeeee! I want one. More than than I want one of these blushes.. Well, maybe not...
sneaky.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Nom_Nom_Nom_Bunny.jpg

rofl.gif

ohh he looks like my bunny!
when my bunny crunches on lettuce I always say "nom nom nom nom nom" while hes doing it!!

ewlialovesme

Quote:
Nom_Nom_Nom_Bunny.jpg

rofl.gif

th_roll1.gif

I'm always happy to share!

newagetomatoz

The swatches of Pleasantry look so pretty! But I'm kind of unsure about it because of it being a blue-pink. I am really pale with strong yellow undertones and I'm afraid of it looking really bad on me. Does anyone know if it will turn out like that based on other blue-pink blushes they own? TIA!!

acidtongue

Does anyone know how much these are going to be? I want at least half of these and need to figure out a way to budget them in.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
The swatches of Pleasantry look so pretty! But I'm kind of unsure about it because of it being a blue-pink. I am really pale with strong yellow undertones and I'm afraid of it looking really bad on me. Does anyone know if it will turn out like that based on other blue-pink blushes they own? TIA!!

I'm wondering this too! I know I definitely want Dainty because it's a yellow pink, but with the blue-pinks.. I wonder if it'll work with my yellow undertones as well.

Winthrop44

I may be wierd but I find blue-pink blushes actually look better on my pale yellow-undertoned skin than warmer blushes. Can't say the same for lip products, but blushes yes.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtongue
Does anyone know how much these are going to be? I want at least half of these and need to figure out a way to budget them in.

I heard on MUA they were going to be $18.50 but I am not sure how true that is. I doubt they would be too much more than that though, maybe $19.50 at most
th_dunno.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
I'm wondering this too! I know I definitely want Dainty because it's a yellow pink, but with the blue-pinks.. I wonder if it'll work with my yellow undertones as well.

Haha, we are such color twins! I have Dainty on my hit list, too! Because I' already planning a massive Cult of Cherry haul, I'm trying to limit myself to two blushes, three at the very most.

My list-to-be-analyzed-to-death-to-decided-how-broke-MAC-is-going-to-make-me is:
~Dainty
~Nuance
~Warm Soul
~Gentle
~Pleasantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I may be wierd but I find blue-pink blushes actually look better on my pale yellow-undertoned skin than warmer blushes. Can't say the same for lip products, but blushes yes.

The same thing happens with me and lip colors! That's why I am so hesitant about Pleasantry. I'm really hoping that the next few swatches I see of it make it look really *horrible* so I can sleep easy knowing that I don't have it in my little hands. lol

blindpassion

Im still soooo excited for these
I keep saying it over and over
but im just sooo excited.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
really pale with strong yellow undertones and I'm afraid of it looking really bad on me.

It's so weird, I can pull off cool looks so long as I colour coordinate well but some pink blushes turn on me during the day and actually look peachy by mid-aft! I think it depends on the finish too. I'm hoping these msf blushes will stay more true.

AudreyNicole

As of now I think it will be Merrily and Pleasantry for me, plus the 181se. I like the looks of Dainty, but it reminds me of both Shy Beauty and Alpha Girl b/p, both of which I already have.

MAC_Whore

I'm looking at these for exactly what they are, mini-msfs. I won't pass on a single one. I see serious regrets if I do. July is going to be seriously expensive. Dammit.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I'm looking at these for exactly what they are, mini-msfs. I won't pass on a single one. I see serious regrets if I do. July is going to be seriously expensive. Dammit.

Oh Jen, WHY did you have to put it that way? Mini MSFs? I am so done. Crap.

panther27

^^^ITA Audrey!!That is definately one way of describing these so that we will all want to get all of these!!