MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

elegant-one

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
SOS.gif
I'm buying the whole damn bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Caved!
girl_devil.gif
HAHAHAHA....You're in good company
th_DANCE.gif

panther27

I think that Merrily kinda looks like Stereo Rose msf,but what I really want to know is if one of these looks like Pleasureflush?
drools.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I know! I have a list and I keep going over it all the time at work! (Seriously, I sat there for 2.5 hours tonight doing literally nothing.) I'm kind of happy actually that a lot of the colors are on the darker side because I can pass on them and put more money to the Cult of Cherry, which is slowly reaching the $200 mark. lol Plus, I really want to get myself some full-sized brushes from MAC and my "needs" list totaled out at $414 post-tax, but I managed to get it down to $345.
greengrin.gif

AHHHH. Me too, I keep changing it.. deciding what I want to B2M for.. and everything, and I haven't even finished depotting yet! But I will. Hopefully if not this weekend, then the next. I've been so busy!

Yeah, I'm actually glad I'm not a big blush wearer, because I'll only get 1 or 2 colors to try out and get used to using them you know?

I want to put more money to Cult of Cherry as well, those Quads look SO yummy!

Ugh, I don't even know what damage will be done after this Nordstrom collection, Sonic Chic, and Electroflash. I'm looking to spend about $150 total, even with B2Ms!!! If I didn't have B2Ms.. I'd be looking at $200!!! O_O

ewlialovesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore

I know I went off on a ramble there, but I can't help it. I am a cosmetic purist. I notice the little things. I think erine1881 exemplified this notion when in one post she talked about how MAs see differences between frost, shimmer, sparkle, and glitter. To a lot that would be the same, but I think waaaay too much about the dymamics of my product!
lol.gif
That is why when I swatch items, I see things differently than a lot of people. Not that anyone else is missing anything, I'm just a swatching nut job that has been into MAC for about 15 years and I approach a swatch like Einstein. Do I need to? Probably not, but like I said, I can't help it, I'm a purist. If only I could take all of that cosmetic energy of mine and find the answer to world peace. Sigh......

No, no, please don't stop! The ramble, it is GOOD! I want to know how people with more Skills of an Artist than I do perceive products, I want to learn about the different types of shimmer, I want to hear that a product's quality has diminished over the years.

MOAR ANALYSIS! I love it!

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
AHHHH. Me too, I keep changing it.. deciding what I want to B2M for.. and everything, and I haven't even finished depotting yet! But I will. Hopefully if not this weekend, then the next. I've been so busy!

Yeah, I'm actually glad I'm not a big blush wearer, because I'll only get 1 or 2 colors to try out and get used to using them you know?

I want to put more money to Cult of Cherry as well, those Quads look SO yummy!

Ugh, I don't even know what damage will be done after this Nordstrom collection, Sonic Chic, and Electroflash. I'm looking to spend about $150 total, even with B2Ms!!! If I didn't have B2Ms.. I'd be looking at $200!!! O_O

umm, just a thought. you might want to call your counter/store and ask if they accept the eyeshadow cases without the metal pans cuz not all places accept them for B2M

AudreyNicole

I just read on another community from a MA who went to update today that the blushes will be $21.00 each. Definately no more than 2 for me now.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I just read on another community from a MA who went to update today that the blushes will be $21.00 each. Definately no more than 2 for me now.

Bummer. 2 for me too.
thmbdn.gif

Zantedge

Quote:

That's how much normal blushes are here lol. So I'm guessing these will be about $25 in Canada. (I was comparing Scult & Shape prices, which are 21 in the US and 25 in Canada) Which is less than what I was thinking they'd be.

newagetomatoz

Quote:

EEEKKK!! I really hope they're not that much, but even so its not too bad. I think I might just get three of four of these since I am planning on completely skipping Electroflash (except maybe for a lippie or two). So it all kind of evens out...right? Well, in the MAC world that I live in, it does. And, Audrey, dare I say it, you've convinced me to get the 181se. I've been crazing a new kabuki-like brush for a while now.
greengrin.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
EEEKKK!! I really hope they're not that much, but even so its not too bad. I think I might just get three of four of these since I am planning on completely skipping Electroflash (except maybe for a lippie or two). So it all kind of evens out...right? Well, in the MAC world that I live in, it does. And, Audrey, dare I say it, you've convinced me to get the 181se. I've been crazing a new kabuki-like brush for a while now.
greengrin.gif

I can't wait for that brush! My sister got the pearlizer set last year with it, and I have used it a few times.... I am SO excited that it is coming out again.
smiles.gif
You will love it!

CantAffordMAC

21 isnt that bad. I can get like, 5. If i have a good payday that week. Which I wont.

I'll get like 3...and then wait for the others.

blindpassion

This means they will be like 23.50 in Canada
ssad.gif

I was counting on them being 20
Im sad.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
ssad.gif

Im sad.

Me, too. I figured they'd be a couple of bucks more than regular blushes, but I didn't think that much more.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
ssad.gif

Im sad.

i doubt it. pigments are $19.50 in US and $23.50 in Canada; beauty powders are $22 in US and $26.50 in Canada and these are $21 in US, so i'm guessing they would be like $25 or $25.50 in Canada
angry.gif

Zantedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i doubt it. pigments are $19.50 in US and $23.50 in Canada; beauty powders are $22 in US and $26.50 in Canada and these are $21 in US, so i'm guessing they would be like $25 or $25.50 in Canada
angry.gif

Yeah I think they'll be $25 in Canada. Everything on the US site that is 21 dollars had been 25 dollars in Canada (IPP, Sculpt + Shape)

blindpassion

Quote:
angry.gif

Yeah thats true...
but In ontario you guys have more tax then we do in BC too...

I dont know its depressing.

CantAffordMAC

You silly Canadians. get an American to do a CP for you! It'll be way cheaper that way, no?
winks.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
You silly Canadians. get an American to do a CP for you! It'll be way cheaper that way, no?
winks.gif

*whiny voice* but i want them on the day of release. i'm so cheap & impatient
th_LMAO.gif

rbella

Quote:

DAYUM!! For $21/ea I hope they have the ability to carve out a cheekbone on me.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
*whiny voice* but i want them on the day of release. i'm so cheap & impatient
th_LMAO.gif

haha, thats true! But some ladies that go to pro stores can get the products a week early. And in NY...thats not far from Canadia (
lol.gif
) I hope I dont get in trouble for talking about CP's on here