MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Susanne

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm still getting 6 or 7 of them.

Merilly is the dirty burned red (at least according to the description) didn't you guys want the raspberry one Gentle?

I definitely want Gentle, Gleeful and Pleasanty and maybe Merilly...

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I definitely want Gentle, Gleeful and Pleasanty and maybe Merilly...

Those 3 are definitely beautiful!!!
yes.gif
The prettiest IMO

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
does anyone agree with me when I say that the 181se is the CUTEST thing in the world!
its like a baby bukhi hahaha.
I want it
ssad.gif

Does anyone know how much its going to be, its the cutest thing ive ever seen.

i loveloveLOVE the 181SE!
thmbup.gif
Its actually become my HG blush brush. Its the perfect size for buffing powder blush into the apples of your cheeks. Also, I've found that blush lasts so much longer using this brush than a regular blush brush. Not sure how much it will be on its own because when it was sold with Novel Twist last year, it came in a bag with a pearlizer. But I will definitely be picking up another one
yes.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
thmbup.gif
Its actually become my HG blush brush. Its the perfect size for buffing powder blush into the apples of your cheeks. Also, I've found that blush lasts so much longer using this brush than a regular blush brush. Not sure how much it will be on its own because when it was sold with Novel Twist last year, it came in a bag with a pearlizer. But I will definitely be picking up another one
yes.gif

What about shedding? My 182 is notorious for shedding. Even though I still love it, I hate picking all the little black hairs off my face....

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
thmbup.gif
yes.gif

yeah I didnt grab it last year just because it came with other stuff and I really only wanted the brush
Sooooo freaking cute.
Thanks for the review on it
Im stoked to use it, it'll be perfect for carrying with me!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm still getting 6 or 7 of them.

Merilly is the dirty burned red (at least according to the description) didn't you guys want the raspberry one Gentle?

In theory I would, but so far it looks alot more washed out than I was hoping. Maybe it'll be different IRL. Anyway, for me, the poster child for sensitive skin
th_loser.gif
, whether I get any at all will depend on the ingredients.

trojanchick99

Would you recommend the 181 for buffining in mineral foundation? It does look adorable.

I will check out this, but I'm a bit afraid of blush. I'm between NC35 and 40 and find that blush either doesn't show up or makes me look like a clown.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
In theory I would, but so far it looks alot more washed out than I was hoping. Maybe it'll be different IRL. Anyway, for me, the poster child for sensitive skin
th_loser.gif
, whether I get any at all will depend on the ingredients.

Must find you the perfect raspberry
yes.gif

I'll bet its much more pigmented IRL. we'll see, I guess.

The whole sensitive skin thing can be very discouraging at times. I wish the skin on the face were as durable/less reactionary as our arms or the bottom of our feet or somthin
th_dunno.gif
tong.gif

xpucu

I read in some other community that the 181 will be 30$ ,but i'm not 100% sure .

xpucu

Susanne can i ask what e/s you have on the picture? The colors look amazing on you
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpucu
Susanne can i ask what e/s you have on the picture? The colors look amazing on you
smiles.gif

ITA! You are gorgeous Susanne!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Does anybody know yet if these will be pretty much the exact same formulation as MSFs? MSFs break me out (I can't use jojoba) so my fingers are crossed that these may be different, but I fear it's unlikely.

i'm sure they'll be the same formula.

AudreyNicole

Elegant-one, I did want Gentle, but it isn't the raspberry I was hoping for. I am looking for something like BB Pink Raspberry Creme blush in powder form. When I saw the pictures of Merrily from ebay, I fell in love. I may still end up with Gentle too, but I am more excited for Merrily now.

And OMG, $30 for the 181??! It was only $24.50 for the pearlizer set last year, and that included the pearlizer!
ssad.gif
That's kinds steep for a mini kabuki IMO (but I still want it
lol.gif
)

damsel

gah! so i'm pretty sure i want like 5 of these. i can't wait for the 10th to get here so i can do some swatches and [hopefully] shorten my list.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole

And OMG, $30 for the 181??! It was only $24.50 for the pearlizer set last year, and that included the pearlizer!
ssad.gif
That's kinds steep for a mini kabuki IMO (but I still want it
lol.gif
)

If Cool Heat, Sonic Chic and Electroflash really come out next week, I will broken...
th_LMAO.gif

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
What about shedding? My 182 is notorious for shedding. Even though I still love it, I hate picking all the little black hairs off my face....

I haven't had a problem with it shedding so far & its been a year so
thmbup.gif
to that!

iheartangE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglass_junkie
Do you guys think that these will sell out of counters super-fast?

...I'm wondering this too!

I love so many of these-although at $21 each I think I'll only be able to get 2! I Live Chatted on MAC to ask for recs for my skintone, but they can't discuss that info yet
ssad.gif
Well it's probably better that I don't know exactly what I want yet since then I'll be obsessing over them until the collection finally launches! Haha.

I really like Nuance...and then I can't decide between Dainty or Gleeful! Although I think Dainty might be similar enough (obviously not an exact dupe) to Nars' Orgasm that I could skip it...??? Maybe? My wallet certainly hopes so!

And then that Gentle looks pretty too! Lord help me...

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
If Cool Heat, Sonic Chic and Electroflash really come out next week, I will broken...
th_LMAO.gif

Me too
th_LMAO.gif
I really have no idea how many of these I'm going to buy, I'll probably end up buying them all then regretting it when I see my bank balance
th_LMAO.gif