MAC- Spring Color Forecast Discussion

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
mac brushes really have improved my make up skills! they just apply colour better and also make it so easy to blend
smiles.gif
i have tried other brands but so far nothing compares!

I know, it's amazing how a brush makes all the difference in makeup application. I never believed that but now I do.
winkiss.gif

Since I don't put on eye makeup often, my 3 most used brushes are the #165 (contour), #116 (blush), and #109 (highlight). I love perfectly sculpted cheeks.
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I know, it's amazing how a brush makes all the difference in makeup application. I never believed that but now I do.
winkiss.gif

Since I don't put on eye makeup often, my 3 most used brushes are the #165 (contour), #116 (blush), and #109 (highlight). I love perfectly sculpted cheeks.
greengrin.gif

the 109 brush is an everyday essential for me too! i love it as a highlighter brush or just to apply blush sometimes!
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108

I also love the 224 because I have a lot of space between my crease and my brow. The 224 being so large helps me get the color there in a hurry and the 217 blends it out. Love, love, love.

I could not possibly agree more!
thmbup.gif

I have the use of only one hand, due to a stroke, but the 224 makes it easy for me to do great-looking creases every time, and quickly!
I don't remember having even one "bad crease day" since I got the 224, several years back.
It's wonderful.
love.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i alkways ask for brushes as Christmas gifts because i find they are usually too pricey for m,e to get myself
smiles.gif

Yeah and I try to save enough money to purchase some MAC brushes for essential use.

InspiredBlue

Two of the MAC counters here are in stores that send out a "20% of one product" voucher to card members every now and then. I usually use those to get brushes. It saves a lot
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Two of the MAC counters here are in stores that send out a "20% of one product" voucher to card members every now and then. I usually use those to get brushes. It saves a lot
winks.gif

wow! yes that is great!
thmbup.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Yeah and I try to save enough money to purchase some MAC brushes for essential use.

MAC brushes *do* tend to be expensive, but to me they're a good investment.
Since I have the use of only one hand, high-performing tools are an absolute must-have for me.

Pinkdollface

My Ripe Peach blush arrived in the mail saturday and today i tried it for the first time. I love it! It's like nothing in my collection! Can't wait till Azalea Blossom arrives. Then my SCF haul is finally complete
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
My Ripe Peach blush arrived in the mail saturday and today i tried it for the first time. I love it! It's like nothing in my collection! Can't wait till Azalea Blossom arrives. Then my SCF haul is finally complete
smiles.gif

I feel like kind of an underachiever in this thread, as the only item I got from Spring Color was Trimmed In Pink lip pencil.
I love it, though; I backed it up, and gave one to a friend as a gift.
I reeeeeally wish they'd made that one permanent, since that's a difficult color to find in a lip pencil, for some reason.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I feel like kind of an underachiever in this thread, as the only item I got from Spring Color was Trimmed In Pink lip pencil.
I love it, though; I backed it up, and gave one to a friend as a gift.
I reeeeeally wish they'd made that one permanent, since that's a difficult color to find in a lip pencil, for some reason.

Trimmed in Pink was actually released with Too Fabulous, not SCF
th_wink3.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Trimmed in Pink was actually released with Too Fabulous, not SCF
th_wink3.gif

You're absolutely right!
thmbup.gif

Let's see ...
I bought only Pink Burst lipstick from Spring Color, and use Trimmed in Pink with it; that's why I got confused!
Anyhow, I'm proud of myself for buying only that one item from Spring Color.
I wanted Vintage Grape blush, but talked myself out of it on the grounds that I already have 20 blushes.
Why that argument actually worked that time, I can't tell you.
lol.gif

Junkie

I saw Bubblegum at the last warehouse sale here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Awww! I wish I/we knew this before I sent mine back
ssad.gif
I'm sure you will be able to find it when you're ready!
th_hug.gif

th_kiss.gif
Oh!! This would have been great!!
th_dunno.gif
Like I always say, if it's meant to be... it's meant to be. Let's hope Bubblegum it's meant to be!
greengrin.gif

laylalovesmac

Yesterday I swung by the MAC store and picked up an empty quad and depotted the four eyeshadows from color 1! I've wanting to do that forever and I'm glad I did- gorgeous quad! Actually, I used the heat method for the first time, and I don't think I'll ever go back. The pots stayed so perfect- I may even be able to B2M them!
greengrin.gif

StarrySim

man those mac warehouse sales sound like heaven!!

Yes, heaven on earth. Until my credit card bill arrives, and I tally up my MUA Diary
smiles.gif
I was looking for Fresh Salmon, Azalea Blossom and any of the quads at the last sale, but no luck at all. They just stuck Phlox into my charity bag (not that I'm complaining). I ended up buying the Colour 3 quad from the clearance bin. I LOVE it, I can't believe I passed it up when I swatched it in store.
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I kick myself over the fact that I never found out about MAC warehouse sales while I was living in Toronto. No such thing here.

Glad you enjoy the Colour 3 quad. I personally think that was a really underrated item in this collection. I suspect that's because the colours were more appropriate to fall, or at least had more in common with colour collections usually released in the fall. Personally, I was happy to have something new and plummy to wear in the warmer weather.

Yes, heaven on earth. Until my credit card bill arrives, and I tally up my MUA Diary
smiles.gif
I was looking for Fresh Salmon, Azalea Blossom and any of the quads at the last sale, but no luck at all. They just stuck Phlox into my charity bag (not that I'm complaining). I ended up buying the Colour 3 quad from the clearance bin. I LOVE it, I can't believe I passed it up when I swatched it in store.
smiles.gif

switchblade

I got three out of the four blush ombres, and it bothers me that I don't have the other one (Springshine). Any thoughts on this? Do you use it as a bronzer or a contour powder? I didn't buy it because it seemed really yellow toned when I swatched it, hope it's not too orangey or something.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got three out of the four blush ombres, and it bothers me that I don't have the other one (Springshine). Any thoughts on this? Do you use it as a bronzer or a contour powder? I didn't buy it because it seemed really yellow toned when I swatched it, hope it's not too orangey or something.

It's not orangey at all. I wear it as a light bronzer. It's great if I want to do looks that involve gold or brownish colours. I can't apply it too heavily or it looks like dirt on my face, but a light application looks really nice, even on my pale and cooler-toned skin.