MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

KMQE716

I got All woman quad and Stereo rose. Still debating on Inner strength quad, but would like to see more pics/swatches.
i wish i had brought mine with me (Inner Strength) but i left it back at my house :(

the beige like color in that quad ( think it's actually called Inner Strength) is amazing...the rest of it though= :(

Prettypackages

i wish i had brought mine with me (Inner Strength) but i left it back at my house :(

the beige like color in that quad ( think it's actually called Inner Strength) is amazing...the rest of it though= :(
Oh really??? Booo! I went back and placed an order for the quads. can you think of any dupes for the beige color.

BriarRose

It is a real pain.
I'm used to dopey online releases because I am an LE collectibles person above all else, but it never ceases to amaze me how big companies can be so seemingly clueless.

If it doesn't get restocked soon, I'm going to have to try and call some Pro stores and see if anyone still has it and will ship it. None here in this state that I can go to, and the closest regular MAC store is 4+ hours away.
th_wallbash.gif

KMQE716

Oh really??? Booo! I went back and placed an order for the quads. can you think of any dupes for the beige color.
hmm let me think...maybe somewhere betwen Wedge and Kid eyeshadow? its matte i do remember that. but it felt really creamy so i think that's also why i enjoyed using that one more than the rest

Mac-Guy

What did you use as a base? Matte colors need a good base to perform well. Don't give up, it's a great quad IMO.

luvlydee

i'm going only from memory, but i didn't think its like spitfire at all. i didn't buy spitfire, but tried it in the store. it looked very nice, but i felt at the time that it was too fuschia for me...and extremely bright. strong woman is a much more subdued shade, and definitely more purple than fuschia. hth.
Thank u! U put me at ease. Lol. Spitfire did look fuscia on me which i wasnt too fond of. I cant wait for strong woman now woop woop!

elegant-one

I'm concerned about my TS blush. Because the collection was there & then not there, I ordered what I could each time. TS showed sold out, but when I went to the blush section, I was able to select & order it but it still showed sold out in the collection listing. hmmmm
blink.gif

patentg33k

I called to see whether I could order the blushes by phone, the SA said that her computer is showing the blushes as sold out. She said they'll be restocked, but she didn't know when.

Mac-Guy

I'm used to dopey online releases because I am an LE collectibles person above all else, but it never ceases to amaze me how big companies can be so seemingly clueless.
If it doesn't get restocked soon, I'm going to have to try and call some Pro stores and see if anyone still has it and will ship it. None here in this state that I can go to, and the closest regular MAC store is 4+ hours away.
th_wallbash.gif
I don't think it's so much about being clueless, it's more a care-less-attitude issue. After all, MAC does this all the time to us and we are still here stalking like crazy.

dabeautyenabler

Got Strong Woman and Absolute Power from Strength Collection and got Stereo Rose from Apres Chic Collection, Wondering how Stereo Rose will look, there seems to be mixed opinions on it.

Mac-Guy

I'm concerned about my TS blush. Because the collection was there & then not there, I ordered what I could each time. TS showed sold out, but when I went to the blush section, I was able to select & order it but it still showed sold out in the collection listing. hmmmm
blink.gif
Did you get your order confirmation? Fingers crossed.

Mac-Guy

Yes I did right away. I just thought it was weird I could order it while it said sold out in the collection listing. We'll see. It says pending in my order listing.
I'm sure it's a glitch, especially as Poised was sold out so fast as well. I don't think P would sell out too fast. MAC just need to refresh their stock.

BriarRose

I don't think it's so much about being clueless, it's more a care-less-attitude issue. After all, MAC does this all the time to us and we are still here stalking like crazy.
Maybe unorganized is the better word for my thoughts.
girlhaha.gif

Particularly when a company has to regularly do LE releases, one would think they would figure out a system that works consistently and works well for most people. Someone will always miss out no matter what when something is LE, but it's almost like they pull release strategies/plans randomly out of a hat.
blink.gif

But as you said, here we all are anyway, so they could care less. So frustrating, and not very good customer service. You would think they would care about that, bottom line or no.

KMQE716

What did you use as a base? Matte colors need a good base to perform well. Don't give up, it's a great quad IMO.
Painterly
I'm going to play with it again. I did a cut crease but i probably should of tried for a smokey eye first with it.

Mac-Guy

Painterly
I'm going to play with it again. I did a cut crease but i probably should of tried for a smokey eye first with it.
Do you have Nubile? As Painterly is so flat, matte e/s usually do not work that well. Nubile is my preferred base for mattes as it has a bit of a sheen and the e/s clings much better to it.