MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

BriarRose

Hehehe, not all, but most.
Seriously, every single quad that has been released since I started getting into MAC (June 2011) has ended up in my CCO. And not in just quantities of a few either, but large quantities. They have/had much older ones too. I even picked up a Hello Kitty quad early this year!

If the trend does not continue, I'll survive. I only have what feels like a couple hundred eyeshadows to keep me company.
girlhaha.gif

purplerinne

well so far nothing has caught my eye...SO FAR. then again 12/26 im due to upgrade my phone and i want the 5 so badly....hmmmm hopefully i get mac giftcards for xmas

ladyarwen

They said that phrase in The Campaign? I haven't seen that movie yet. I friend said that phrase to me years ago and it cracks me up every time.
I don't think anyone actually says that phrase in the movie. The main character actually DOES those things. (I've not seen the movie, but I've seen enough commercials for it to know that he does indeed punch a baby.)

CartoonChic

I don't think anyone actually says that phrase in the movie. The main character actually DOES those things. (I've not seen the movie, but I've seen enough commercials for it to know that he does indeed punch a baby.)
girlhaha.gif
This made me laugh so much! Now I have to see the movie.

By the way, any luck with your job hunt?

ladyarwen

girlhaha.gif
This made me laugh so much! Now I have to see the movie.
By the way, any luck with your job hunt?
Afraid not. I have an interview for a seasonal position tomorrow though, which would definitely be better than nothing. Thank you for wondering!

MACina

iagree.gif
.....that would be great!

So far I have used the chromagraphic pencil Black Black or a black eye pencil.But these always feel a bit drying on my lips.
Dear MAC,

Please release a nice, comfy black lip liner. Thanks!

Teggy

mrsdee

Got a chance to check out the book again today. Here's the scoop:

This collection was originally set for Jan. but it's been pushed up to Dec. 26th!

This is the collection with Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot and Firm Form. There's also a matte violet lipstick that my MA said was like Heroine and one other color (if I recall correctly, it's a med. blue pink, but I'm not 100% sure).

There are 2 quads, each with 3 new colors and one repromote. One is neutral with pale white, grey, taupe and the warm black, which is a repro called Black Magique. The other quad is a variety of lavenders and purples, including a repro of Heather Belles (from Tartan Tales).

There are 2 blushes, one called Taupe Shape, described as "satiny taupe", with a Satin finish, and another that's a soft "pinkish brown".

I didn't want to just copy out of the book, out of respect for my MA, so no full color story, but this one definitely is a winner and you are all going to bug the hell out at that promo image!

I cannot wait to snatch up Pink Pigeon & Party Parrot
heart.gif

Ok so looks like we have a name for the Violet lipstick "Strong Woman" (I've also been told its a great dupe for Heroine)
"Strong Woman" is described as a bright Violet matte, to be released with the Strength collection.

I hear all the lipsticks in that collection will me matte. (not 100% sure though)

hwdsprincess

I cannot wait to snatch up Pink Pigeon & Party Parrot :heart: Ok so looks like we have a name for the Violet lipstick "Strong Woman" (I've also been told its a great dupe for Heroine) "Strong Woman" is described as a bright Violet matte, to be released with the Strength collection. I hear all the lipsticks in that collection will me matte. (not 100% sure though)
I missed both of those when they came out, better believe I will get those this time lol... I just got heroine (sounds funny) as a back up but that "strong woman" sounds sooo pretty I'll be getting that too.... Oh yea have fun at the event today : ) I wish I could go I have a friend that works there she'll be working tonight her name is Ashley she invited me to go but I cant't ugh mommy duties; and I'm the team mom too lol so team mommy duties ugh!

ChosenOne

I got Party Parrot when it was out with the IA collection, but I skipped Pink Pigeon since I felt it could be duped. Don't really remember which color I thought it was close to though. Any thoughts?

ladyarwen

If I get Firm Form and nothing else from any of the other winter collections, I will be very happy. I'll be able to indulge in at least just that since I got that holiday job at Macys! ;D I start at the end of November. (I can't bring myself to buy makeup regularly anymore until I get a permanent job.)

Latest posts