MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

OctoberViolet

Before we knew the name of this collection, we thought it was called something with Muscle in it. It's the Strength Collection though, but the woman in the promo pic has some major muscles going on. I would not step in her way if she wanted the last purple lipstick.
girlhaha.gif

What is this Muscle Memory thing people are talking about? :) Thanks to anyone who replies!

luvlydee

Is it wrong that im not going crazy over strong woman and seductive intent from taste temp when im a purple lover??? I feel so satisfied with my heroine lipstick and playtime lipstick that looking at these purple lipsticks do nothing for me :-\

OctoberViolet

Let me feel your forehead. Maybe you are having a fever or something. Nah. I'm just playing. It happens. Sometimes you just get a little bored with the colors, or you feel they are similar to what you already have. It's happened to me and I am sure it happens to all of us every so often.

Is it wrong that im not going crazy over strong woman and seductive intent from taste temp when im a purple lover??? I feel so satisfied with my heroine lipstick and playtime lipstick that looking at these purple lipsticks do nothing for me :-\

JadeAudrey

Quote:Originally Posted by OctoberViolet

Before we knew the name of this collection, we thought it was called something with Muscle in it. It's the Strength Collection though, but the woman in the promo pic has some major muscles going on. I would not step in her way if she wanted the last purple lipstick.
girlhaha.gif

Haha, I see. Thank you very much ladies for the quick reply! :)

ladyarwen

Don't feel bad, that means you get to save some cash. XD

KMQE716

I don't know whether to be happy or in misery. I already have Heroine and just got Bright Plum, Potent Fig, Seasoned Plum, (I have Bust Out, Lavender Mews and High Top as well) and trying to convince myself I don't need another purple lippy but this one seems very necessary. Oh well, at least I feel justified skipping Seductive Intent, it was too reddish to be what I would call purple...
I actually agree with you on S/I, it does have a red base to it! i paired it with a lipgloss i have from Illamasqua and i realized it was way more brighter than what it looks like in the tube. but i still like it. I'm usually shying away from purples in general but this purple i HAVE to have. I have Heroine and i love her but this is like her cool cousin so she can come and join the family lol!! i just hope i dont miss out!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the swatches ladies! Strong Woman is an absolute must-have for me. I think it's perfectly named, too, because it's such a bold, stand-alone colour.

Absolute Power is really nice, but it'll just be a question of comparing it to what I already have. So many reds already at my disposal and some of them aren't getting enough love as is...

littlelamb

I have Seductive Intent but still really want Strong Woman. They're different enough, right? I think I am just trying to make up for the hole in my heart from missing Heroine.
girlhaha.gif

Indieprincess

I'll be looking to get my hands on Absolute Power and Strong Woman. I think I'll go to the counter for these because SW is so far out of my element, I think I'll need a professional opinion lol.

ChosenOne

I have Seductive Intent but still really want Strong Woman. They're different enough, right? I think I am just trying to make up for the hole in my heart from missing Heroine.
girlhaha.gif
Same here! It took a lot of self control not to back up SI, and the only way I did it was by reminding myself that Strong Woman is coming! Of course now I'm debating getting two Strong Woman lippies, haha. Maybe I'll be good and start with one, THEN go for a b/u if I lovelovelove it...assuming it's not sold out by then
sweatdrop.gif

vaisforluvrs

Like one on top and the other one on the bottom?
I called the Mac Pro Store in San Francisco, they were already sold out of the PiPi. I did not ask about anything else since I just wanted the lipsticks. I ordered Saturday and they were delivered today. T
Yeah, that would be a great lip swatch if you have the time to do it :)

lilinah

Well, i'm freaking out. My favorite MUA at my local MAC was holding stuff for me. So I went in yesterday when she said she'd be there, but she wasn't (she is now moved around to various shops in the area), and the MUA on duty said there will be NO pre-selling of Strength or Apres Chic! "My" MUA is supposed to be there today, so i'm going to go back to check.

I mean, what the heck, it's "only" makeup. But i sure had my heart set on Firm Form lipstick and Taupe Shape blush, and the opportunity to do a CP for another Specktralette.

Sigh.

katred

Specktra Bestie
girlhaha.gif
Well, even if they're mostly similar, both are limited, so it's good to have both so that it'll be longer before you have to worry about running out...
angelic.gif

liba

Well, i'm freaking out. My favorite MUA at my local MAC was holding stuff for me. So I went in yesterday when she said she'd be there, but she wasn't (she is now moved around to various shops in the area), and the MUA on duty said there will be NO pre-selling of Strength or Apres Chic! "My" MUA is supposed to be there today, so i'm going to go back to check.

I mean, what the heck, it's "only" makeup. But i sure had my heart set on Firm Form lipstick and Taupe Shape blush, and the opportunity to do a CP for another Specktralette.

Sigh.
fyi, I always deal with the store manager and there is actually a technical difference between "pre-selling" and holding stuff for a customer for later. Pre-selling is an official thing where they're told they can have you buy a gift card in the amount of your purchase, and then pick up your things when the collection goes live. If a collection isn't green lit from corporate for pre-sale, then you get into the holding thing, which is definitely a grey area. There have been times where my stuff gets locked away in my friend's personal drawer to make sure it doesn't get snagged. Whether I can get away with it because the guy is the manager or not, I'm not sure of.

One thing's for sure: I never buy my things online (except for maybe a BU down the road once in a blue moon) and I never buy things from other counters or store locations, except once in a blue moon for BU's too, and everyone at the store knows it. I might have to wait an extra week to get all the goodies, but for me it's worth the peace of mind, plus even more importantly I've made some real friends who I see socially etc. That's what really can't be beat!!!!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Baby1black
Usually the sf pro store are really nice but that SA brushed off so fast. If they would know how much money we spend on mac. Don't they get commission? I will try again tomorrow maybe I will be lucky. I do not care for pink pigeon but would like to get the other lippies and mostly the blushes. Plz do more swatches especially of firm form and strong women. There aren't any

I don't know about the Pro shops, but i have been told multiple times by multiple SAs at my local stand-alone MAC store that they do not get commission.

Baby1black

I don't know about the Pro shops, but i have been told multiple times by multiple SAs at my local stand-alone MAC store that they do not get commission.
Oh they don't so probably they do not care much if u spend $15 or $500. Hopefully they will have enough stock online. I think mostly people would be going for PIPI or party parrot and ofcourse the purple lippie . I do like party parrot but prefer moxie to it so not sure if I would back up that one even if I got the chance. I did not get any of the marlin lippies so maybe get absolute power and Defintely firm form. And ofcourse there are still the après chic lippies and the nicki Mina's 2 lippie and the lovely collection lippies that I have none of from previous collection. Will I ever use up at least one tube of a mac lipstick. I am the kind of person that does not use the same lipstick three days in a row. Sigh!

Latest posts