MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

peachsuns

Hoping to see some swatches soon!
fluffy.gif

Pinkdollface

Are Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon comparable to any of the ones I already have (the bright colors I have from MAC are Moxie, Watch Me Simmer and Candy Yum-Yum)? I love bright lipsticks, but if I can manipulate Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon with the lipsticks I already have and lip liners, I'll skip.

I was planning on getting all lipsticks and Taupe Shape, but I thought I'd consult with my fellow Specktra members.
bigstar.gif

P.S. Any news yet on an approximate date when it'll launch online? All I know it will prior to the store launch on the 26th.
Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon are different. CYY is more in your face as Pink Pigeon and Moxie is a lot redder. Party Parrot is nothing like WMS. WMS is lighter and more of a orangy toned pink. Party Parrot is a deeper pink with raspberry corally tones. It's a matte version of Impassioned and I know that has been said a thousand times, but it's the easiest way to describe it. I'm not very good at describing colours, so I hope this makes sense. Moxie doesn't have any coral in it and is redder than Party Parrot.

dorni

No one seems excited about quads
huh2.gif
Libas remark about the quality of the quads made my wishlist a bit longer. Now I want both blushes, a least one quad and FF. Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon are just not my colours and I have enough red lipsticks. Can't wear them at work, because there is no time for maintenance.

CharlieKelly

Ok girls, I got my absolute power in the mail today and Libia was sooooooooo right. It looks awful on the stick but it looks so pretty on.

This is my first time posting pics and doing this comparison pics so I am a little embarrased of posting my mouths all over the internex machinesss haha.

Anyway, doesn't it look super deep in the tube?

From left to right:

Red Racer, Russian Red, Deeply Adored, Charmed I am sure, Absolute Power.

I am not sure about my skin tone since I wear Laura Mercier most of the time but I do have a MAC face and body foundation in C2 and a Studio Fix in NC15.

I also got Party Parrot but you all know that one. Sadly the store was out of Pink Pigeon :(

badassSENORiTA

Ok girls, I got my absolute power in the mail today and Libia was sooooooooo right. It looks awful on the stick but it looks so pretty on.

This is my first time posting pics and doing this comparison pics so I am a little embarrased of posting my mouths all over the internex machinesss haha.

From left to right:

I am not sure about my skin tone since I wear Laura Mercier most of the time but I do have a MAC face and body foundation in C2 and a Studio Fix in NC15.

I also got Party Parrot but you all know that one. Sadly the store was out of Pink Pigeon :(
it looks pretty, I'm not much of a red lippie person but I think I may have to cop one! thanks for the pics :]

vaisforluvrs

From left to right:

It looks pretty close to CIS. I'd have to see a lip comparison. I already have that one and I don't wear it much.

prettygirl

Quote: Originally Posted by CharlieKelly

Thank you for your swatches!!! But I am confused!! How were you able to get your hands on it already? I don't want to miss out on this collection!! TIA!

CharlieKelly

Thank you for your swatches!!! But I am confused!! How were you able to get your hands on it already? I don't want to miss out on this collection!! TIA!
I called the Mac Pro Store in San Francisco, they were already sold out of the PiPi. I did not ask about anything else since I just wanted the lipsticks. I ordered Saturday and they were delivered today. T

CartoonChic

One of the members tipped me about the SF store. I called and to my surprised the SA said "Ok, they will be shipped today." They charged me 7 USD for 5 lipsticks.
That's great that they shipped you your order already. Normally they hold things until the collection's official release date, then they ship the order out.

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the swatches, CharlieKelly!!! Absolute Power looks gorgeous. They all look beautiful. LOL
You made me want to wear red more often.
lol.gif

mrsdee

That's great that they shipped you your order already. Normally they hold things until the collection's official release date, then they ship the order out.
lucky girl she got her goodies already. I'm jelly. LOL

I pre-ordered last week and I can't get my items until the official release 01/03/2012 :( I have quite a wait.

GlamQueen21

Swatches of Absolute Power is amazing!! I'm getting it no matter what! Even though I have Red Racer, Charmed I'm Sure, Russian Red, Runaway Red, Kanga Rouge and Deeply Adored

mel890

Thanks for the swatch... Got nervous for a sec thought I missed out on the release.... Whew had me sweating

peachsuns

Swatches of Absolute Power is amazing!! I'm getting it no matter what! Even though I have Red Racer, Charmed I'm Sure, Russian Red, Runaway Red, Kanga Rouge and Deeply Adored
th_worship.gif
That's amazing! I have only Red Racer, Charmed I'm Sure, and Heartless. Which one is your favorite?
amuse.gif

Latest posts