MAC Strength Collection Discussion (December 2012)

LV2EVOLVE

Plz post pics
I'm having server problems. I'm going to post a couple of pics of Firm Form on Twitter. I have the same username. In the photos, Current on left, Firm Form in center and Nightmoth on left. I don't own Vino. But, Nightmoth is a little closer to Firm Form. Firm Form is a dark blackened purple with solid silver reflects. Too bad it wasn't in the Gareth Pugh collection... Firm Form is very easy to custom blend. Very dupable : )

MACerette

ccb89801_image.jpeg
Just saw this on Instagram.

Corally

Taupe Shape, used to contour on NC35, the taupe undertones seems to disappear on warm skintone, it's not orangey or grey: The sheen is less apparent on my cheeks than if I swatch it heavily on my arm. The colour seems to be lighter too with that sheen, this is why I think it's better for fair to medium skintone, if you try to add more it will look like this: More pics & review on the blog! (use google translate if you don't speak french) http://www.crystalcandymakeup.com/2012/12/blush-taupe-shape-de-mac-collection.html
Thanks! It looks like a great contour shade! :)

liba

Taupe Shape, used to contour on NC35, the taupe undertones seems to disappear on warm skintone, it's not orangey or grey:

The sheen is less apparent on my cheeks than if I swatch it heavily on my arm. The colour seems to be lighter too with that sheen, this is why I think it's better for fair to medium skintone, if you try to add more it will look like this:

More pics & review on the blog! (use google translate if you don't speak french)
http://www.crystalcandymakeup.com/2012/12/blush-taupe-shape-de-mac-collection.html
Nice to see Taupe Shape works this well on medium skin tones! Looks great. The slight sheen might actually make it work better for deeper skin tones too - just as more of a blush or highlight, than a contour. I'll be interested to hear people's opinions.

I'm one of those folks that could not get anything out of Strada at all, but Taupe Shape is really excellent. It leaves a slightly grey shadow for me (NC15), but that's actually perfect for my skin tone. I'm one of those folks that was able to wear Coffee Walnut. TS is not quite as dramatic on me, but it's certainly as unique. It doesn't require I wear foundation underneath either, which is a big plus!

I used TS for contour and Poised on the apples for some color, and it was a great look. Honestly, I wish I could say these were SOOOOO much better than the Amber Glow/Alpine Bronze combo, but for me, they both looked excellent. I haven't found this many good neutral +contour blushes all at once from MAC ever….none of them are too light or dark or too orange/warm or too cool for my personal needs. I'm splurging and getting them all.

valkolak

I was planning on getting Firm Form, Pink Pigeon (bu), Party Parrot and Absolute power but I axed Party Parrot because I think I will like Impassioned more and I decided I don't need a bu of Pink Pigeon after I tried it on this morning and realized I just don't love it as much as I used to. I think with cyy being perm now I can let it go. Now I don't even know about FF. It will be supremely weird if I only end up with AP, the one lippie I had zero interest in when we first heard about this collex. :p I've been meaning to get black lipmix though, so maybe I ought to do that sometime and pick up gold glitter, too. Esp. if, as lv2evolve says, the glitter in FF isn't actually gold.
crybaby.gif
Is anyone still super excited for FF?

liba

I was planning on getting Firm Form, Pink Pigeon (bu), Party Parrot and Absolute power but I axed Party Parrot because I think I will like Impassioned more and I decided I don't need a bu of Pink Pigeon after I tried it on this morning and realized I just don't love it as much as I used to. I think with cyy being perm now I can let it go. Now I don't even know about FF. It will be supremely weird if I only end up with AP, the one lippie I had zero interest in when we first heard about this collex. :p I've been meaning to get black lipmix though, so maybe I ought to do that sometime and pick up gold glitter, too. Esp. if, as lv2evolve says, the glitter in FF isn't actually gold.
crybaby.gif
Is anyone still super excited for FF?
I like CYY better than Pink Pigeon too. Party Parrot doesn't look ANYTHING like Impassioned on me, not even remotely, but I have very pigmented lips plus that definite yellow cast to my skin. It does change around on me - sometimes it seems more pink coral and sometimes more like light neon red. I backed it up back in the Iris A. days, so I don't need another BU at this point, but I wish one day it's made perm.

Firm Form on me looks like a warm super dark brown if I apply it really lightly. It looks blacker and you really see the metallic highlight if I give it another coat after letting the first coat dry. It's MATTE and the gold is not a glitter or sparkle effect AT ALL. It's like a metal pearlescent matte. It's very very unique. There's no way you'll get the same look using glitter (although gold glitter on top of it would be awesome). If you ever wear really unusual lipstick, it's a definite yes. If you're only going to wear it at home when you're playing around, I dunno….that's a judgment call.

elegant-one

I used TS for contour and Poised on the apples for some color, and it was a great look.
Yep, thats what I would do. How would you describe Poised? If you did already, I missed it
amuse.gif

I don't think MAC will put this up until the day after Christmas simply because of staff/shipping because of the Holiday. But, I hope I'm wrong
santa.gif

liba

Yep, thats what I would do. How would you describe Poised? If you did already, I missed it
amuse.gif

I don't think MAC will put this up until the day after Christmas simply because of staff/shipping because of the Holiday. But, I hope I'm wrong
santa.gif
Here's what I wrote about it right after I saw the collection:

Taupe Shape is everything I hoped it would be. Strada never worked for me, but this one gives me instant hollow cheekbones to the Nth degree. Not weird looking at all and very foolproof to apply. Also works great on the eyes! It's strictly a contour color, though. If you want to add a pop of color above, Poised is very impressive. Not powdery or chalky at all and the color is very subtle and nude but still shows up well on me. It's got a canceling effect and a brightening effect at the same time. I never buy these colors because they either don't show up on me or look powdery and accentuates peach fuzz. This one I will buy eagerly though! Both of these blushes have a beautiful natural skin effect to them, just a little under a glow, but not matte either. Winners!!!

I do think that some NW folks may find Poised a little too warm, or possible looking more like an apricot brown color, that the pale nude skin color it had on me. For me, I've got some freckles and age spots here and there on my cheeks, and Poised perfectly smoothed all of that junk out and gave a healthy effect, but not what I'd call a bronzer effect. The main thing for me is that usually these lighter blushes look powdery on me (unless they're MBs), but Poised melts so well into the skin. I think it looks incredibly modern, but I have a feeling some folks will not feel as comfortable with Poised or either of the Apres Chic MBs as I do - it's kind of a different thing, not bronzer, not blush, not just tinted powder. My mood about them all is:
th_happy1.gif

valkolak

I like CYY better than Pink Pigeon too. Party Parrot doesn't look ANYTHING like Impassioned on me, not even remotely, but I have very pigmented lips plus that definite yellow cast to my skin. It does change around on me - sometimes it seems more pink coral and sometimes more like light neon red. I backed it up back in the Iris A. days, so I don't need another BU at this point, but I wish one day it's made perm.

Firm Form on me looks like a warm super dark brown if I apply it really lightly. It looks blacker and you really see the metallic highlight if I give it another coat after letting the first coat dry. It's MATTE and the gold is not a glitter or sparkle effect AT ALL. It's like a metal pearlescent matte. It's very very unique. There's no way you'll get the same look using glitter (although gold glitter on top of it would be awesome). If you ever wear really unusual lipstick, it's a definite yes. If you're only going to wear it at home when you're playing around, I dunno….that's a judgment call.
Ok I'm not even going to try to keep resisting! That sounds way too cool. Thanks, your descriptions are wonderful!