MAC style seeker

Fiberluver

Yikes! I haven't worn much from this collex since MM was released. I'm sitting here looking at MAP and Eden Rouge - trying to figure out how to integrate them with my MM goodies. Sigh.

martiangurll

Eden Rouge should look great with Showgirl and Preferred Blonde.
ITA. Eden Rouge is my favorite red. Which is interesting since I have 3 red lippies that I really, really like. Camden Chic is really growing on me too.

And WW blush, fuhgedabout it. It is quickly becoming HG territory. I like it so much it inspired me to try Honour blush which I found at my CCO and is a slightly lighter version of WW. I may have to troll on ebay to get BU of WW, I adore it THAT much. MAC Guy, you were so right about that. You never steer me wrong when it comes the MAC face products.

Fiberluver

Eden Rouge should look great with Showgirl and Preferred Blonde.
You're absolutely right! I just need to stop wearing CIS, DA and LG for a minute or two and bust out other shades.
I've been on a red kick lately - trying to wear a different shade of red every day with SG and PB.
Sad.

Medgal07

Me either, we must be sick
WTF2.gif
We are. We have way too much product, there's so little time between MAC collections, and we're just a bunch of hopeless makeup addicts...aren't we something else?
ohboy.gif
lmao.gif

BuickMackane

We are. We have way too much product, there's so little time between MAC collections, and we're just a bunch of hopeless makeup addicts...aren't we something else?
ohboy.gif
lmao.gif
Hehe. MAC should start putting some warning text in large font on their packaging, like they do on ciggie boxes.

BuickMackane

No idea why it took me so long to say this but I freakin LUUURVE Supercontinental!

The other items I got from this collection are Dark Diversion and Local Wares fluidlines. I haven't started using either of them yet
blush-anim-cl.gif

geeko

I really love MAP duo. Finally an orange / brown duo from MAC. Orange and browns jus complement each other so nicely. Have worn this duo quite a no of times ever since I bought this.. I would say this would be my favourite item out of the few items which I bought (others being On the Hunt duo, World wealth blush and Supercontinental blush). Color payoff is pretty good for MAP duo...

martiangurll

I got DD FL and haven't cracked it open yet either. I'm sure it will look gorgeous with MAP e/s.
I am in the same boat as you ladies. I have yet to use either Supercontinental (I use Immortal Flower or Launch Away for that color family instead). And I really am planning on LW to be my back up for Avenue, but I am not going to run out of either any time soon, so maybe I should just get over it and use them already. Being such a hoarder I have so much new stuff from the collections it takes me forever to try a new product--I try and use a new one at least one new one daily but these collections come out so fast I can't keep up. Plus, I get stuck on my favorites and don't rotate enough.

I have yet to use MAP as well, and right now I cannot even find it. Hoarder's Disorganization syndrome...

geeko

And sometimes when u buy something, U don't bear to use it coz u wanna keep it in its clean and pristine condition :x :x I am like that sometimes, sometimes I don't bear to use a new make up item coz i wanna keep it nice and clean.
amuse.gif

BuickMackane

And sometimes when u buy something, U don't bear to use it coz u wanna keep it in its clean and pristine condition :x :x I am like that sometimes, sometimes I don't bear to use a new make up item coz i wanna keep it nice and clean.
amuse.gif
Hehe. I know the feeling. My YSL Gold Celebration Palette (Shine Flash) from 2004 is still BNIB
icon_eek.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

MissTT

amuse.gif
This for days!!! LOL I know that's a big reason I hold off using my makeup. I'm thinking of getting rid of MAP. I don't tend to wear warm colors on my eyes.

I tried Dark Diversion and it just doesn't seem to show up on me. I was going to send it back, but I didn't realize there was only a 30 day limit with MAC. And since it takes me so long to crack into an item anyway... Well, you see what happened there. I wonder if I need a thicker application brush for it? For awhile I was wearing Local Wares almost every day. I only stopped b/c pencils are faster for me and I don't have to be precise.

CartoonChic

amuse.gif
This is exactly why I try on items as soon as I buy them or as soon as they're delivered. The first reason is that I want to see what the colors look like on me in case I need to return/exchange anything. The second reason is because I'm afraid that if I wait too long the makeup will become sacred, and I wouldn't want to use it or mess it up. I don't want to have a shrine of unused or untouched makeup sitting in the corner of my room. Even if it takes me months to actually wear the makeup after that initial swatching, I know I won't worry about messing anything up because I already tried it on.

aradhana

This for days!!! LOL I know that's a big reason I hold off using my makeup. I'm thinking of getting rid of MAP. I don't tend to wear warm colors on my eyes.

I tried Dark Diversion and it just doesn't seem to show up on me. I was going to send it back, but I didn't realize there was only a 30 day limit with MAC. And since it takes me so long to crack into an item anyway... Well, you see what happened there. I wonder if I need a thicker application brush for it? For awhile I was wearing Local Wares almost every day. I only stopped b/c pencils are faster for me and I don't have to be precise.
fiberluver's suggestion to use it as a base is a good one, although i do find with certain fluidlines i have to go back in with another thin layer to make it opaque...with DD i sometimes use a little smolder or blacktrack with it so that the black is right on the lashline and the burgundy a blended a little above it.

MissTT

Thanks for the suggestion. What brush do you use to wear a f/l as a base? I'm also thinking of just giving it to my daughter, but I'd have to teacher to use gel liner and I just learned myself. LOL Oh and buy her a brush.

aradhana

Thanks for the suggestion. What brush do you use to wear a f/l as a base? I'm also thinking of just giving it to my daughter, but I'd have to teacher to use gel liner and I just learned myself. LOL Oh and buy her a brush.
i use the 242 for most of my emollient products, and in a pinch i've used the 195. though i have seen the 217 used (and tried it myself -- it's okay)....and i guess one could also use a finger to dab it on?