MAC style seeker

Audrey C

Consider yourself at the forefront of make up.
thmbup.gif

OT, but... I remember when chipped nail became trendy in the early 2000s. It was this kind of "otherness" that really stood out in a good way, moving away from the perfectly French-manicured nails, but embracing the fact that nail polish will eventually chip. There were nail salons in London where you could get a chipped manicure.
w00t.gif

Anyway, I love that trends are changing. If I became stuck in the applying the same colors, products, and textures as I did five, ten, or fifteen years ago, I should probably stop caring about make up. What I love most about make up is that it is so dynamic!
I don't think I can go back to applying e/s right up to the brow - I spent the 80s doing that.

My personal rule is that if I rocked it the first time (leather minis, straight leg jeans, glitter explosions) then I leave it to my daughter the second time around. Read: I will not be that 45 year-old wearing a pink fuzzy tracksuit with "Sexy" blazoned across my ass.
puke.gif

kimibos

I don't think I can go back to applying e/s right up to the brow - I spent the 80s doing that.

My personal rule is that if I rocked it the first time (leather minis, straight leg jeans, glitter explosions) then I leave it to my daughter the second time around. Read: I will not be that 45 year-old wearing a pink fuzzy tracksuit with "Sexy" blazoned across my ass.
puke.gif
omg im 19 and i have never worn that and never will. i do like a wash of color all over my lid upto the brow bone. like a gold or silver eyeshadow,

HoneyMilk

I don't think I can go back to applying e/s right up to the brow - I spent the 80s doing that. My personal rule is that if I rocked it the first time (leather minis, straight leg jeans, glitter explosions) then I leave it to my daughter the second time around. Read: I will not be that 45 year-old wearing a pink fuzzy tracksuit with "Sexy" blazoned across my ass. :barf:
Maybe a new trend then? Bringing color an inch past the eyebrows? ;)

Liz2012

Finalizing my list, again it's alot bigger than i want it to be lol
shockt.gif

I'm getting:
Camden Chic mattene
Ready To Roam l/g
Restless l/g
Marché Aux Puces e/s duo
Supercontinental blush
Hidden Treasure blush
Local Wares f/l

I'm also interested in Eden Rouge (but i already have Red Racer + Ruffian Red on the way), and Fashion Nomad (but i already own Booyah).
Better leave my list as it is, since i'm also really excited for the Marilyn collection
love.gif

nikou

I have fleet fast blush, T said that fleet fast is a close dupe to Supercontinental blush.

Do you think its worth getting supercontinental.. and could someone do a comparison swatch?
I'd be really grateful :D

duckrodeo

I have fleet fast blush, T said that fleet fast is a close dupe to Supercontinental blush. Do you think its worth getting supercontinental.. and could someone do a comparison swatch?  I'd be really grateful :D
I bought Supercontinental and will be receiving it tomorrow, I'll swatch and compare other blushes with it and post pics here! I feel that Supercontinental is pinker and less red than Fleet Fast, and FF has shimmer/glitter, so I felt compelled to buy Supercontinental, even though I own Fleet Fast.

Audrey C

omg im 19 and i have never worn that and never will. i do like a wash of color all over my lid upto the brow bone. like a gold or silver eyeshadow,
I don't mind a wash of colour either, particularly if it's sheer and shimmery.

I truly believe that some people must not own a mirror. We were in line at Disneyworld and saw the woman I just described right in front of us. In a very visible thong. Very tasteful.
thud.gif

OhSoJaded

Did anyone notice whether or not Restless was available on the Nordies site? i was going to order a BU there (yay, ebates), but don't see it listed. Not sure if it was never online or if it's sold out.

Paisly

Nars Deep throat to the left, SC in the middle, and Immortal flower to the right.
Immortal flower is a bit darker and pinker. The texture couldnt be any different. I think thats what makes this blush special. It applys more evenly compared to the others. It's just a beauty to transfer and blend the product. I'm gonna back this one up!
pompom.gif

Ok. Ok. Ok.
You've twisted my arm.
I am going to get it now. (I'm NC 20/25).
Is it dupable? Do you have anything that compares? I am/was (?!) debating between Laura Mercier Lush Nectarine and MAC SC.
The problem is: I've become infatuated with MAC SC though I have yet to see it in person!
I'm usually immune to new MAC collections. What is it with this one that gets to me?

Corally

Nars Deep throat to the left, SC in the middle, and Immortal flower to the right. Immortal flower is a bit darker and pinker. The texture couldnt be any different.  I think thats what makes this blush special.  It applys more evenly compared to the others. It's just a beauty to transfer and blend the product. I'm gonna back this one up!  :pompom:
How come that Immortal Flower shows up on everyone besides me? I'm like NC25-ish and you can't see it on me. Now I'm wondering if I should buy SC or not, because if IF is darker than SC I don't know if SC will show up..

aradhana

Great swatches paisly! Corally -have u tried using a different brush for IF and buffing it in? Reason I ask is I'm nc45 and it shows up well on me!

Corally

Great swatches paisly! Corally -have u tried using a different brush for IF and buffing it in? Reason I ask is I'm nc45 and it shows up well on me!
I've tried various brushes and even the most dense brush I own doesn't do the trick. I have to use a lot of blush and even after layering you can barely see a hint of peach on my cheeks. I might have a dud. :nope: I'm so disappointed with this blush, because it showed up and looked great on T and I'm even a bit lighter than her..

MadTheologian

On the Hunt duo:

Top: Raving Mad, Bottom: Star Myth

For best results, I used a sponge applicator for both colors. I had to build up the Raving Mad shadow in order to appear. Star Myth was easier to apply. This is my first duo I purchased. It looks like I do need to use a primer or apply wet for intensity. Since this is a Fall duo, I swatched them outside in an attempt to see them shine.

Audrey C

How come that Immortal Flower shows up on everyone besides me? I'm like NC25-ish and you can't see it on me. Now I'm wondering if I should buy SC or not, because if IF is darker than SC I don't know if SC will show up..
I think you do have a dud. I'm between NC20-25, and IF shows on me. I don't have to be careful applying it because it doesn't get too dark, but it definitely shows. It's about as dark as Launch Away only peachier.

Corally

I think you do have a dud. I'm between NC20-25, and IF shows on me. I don't have to be careful applying it because it doesn't get too dark, but it definitely shows. It's about as dark as Launch Away only peachier.
Thought so, such a bummer.. Launch Away just looked very weird on my skin (tested on my hand), it did show up but it def was a too light dull ashy pinkish something lol. So I didn't buy it. But now I'm really worried that I'll might have the same issues with Supercontinental.. :(

Audrey C

Thought so, such a bummer.. Launch Away just looked very weird on my skin (tested on my hand), it did show up but it def was a too light dull ashy pinkish something lol. So I didn't buy it. But now I'm really worried that I'll might have the same issues with Supercontinental..
ssad.gif
I had no intention of getting Launch Away because it looks SO pale in the pan. Surprisingly, it goes on quite a bit deeper and definitely pinker than what I would have expected. I just wiped off the last remants of my blush, added another thin layer of F&B C2 on my cheeks and put IF on one side and LA on the other. They have the same intensity on me, but the colours are different. They're definitely on the paler side; I have more pigmented blushes that would give me a similar flush if used very lightly, but neither are ashy on me and both show.

I wonder if you have a coating over the top of your IF; I know some say that it's possible to remove that and get back to a softer texture underneath. I've not tried that but it may be worth a try.

Corally

Thought so, such a bummer.. Launch Away just looked very weird on my skin (tested on my hand), it did show up but it def was a too light dull ashy pinkish something lol. So I didn't buy it. But now I'm really worried that I'll might have the same issues with Supercontinental.. :(
I had no intention of getting Launch Away because it looks SO pale in the pan. Surprisingly, it goes on quite a bit deeper and definitely pinker than what I would have expected. I just wiped off the last remants of my blush, added another thin layer of F&B C2 on my cheeks and put IF on one side and LA on the other. They have the same intensity on me, but the colours are different. They're definitely on the paler side; I have more pigmented blushes that would give me a similar flush if used very lightly, but neither are ashy on me and both show. I wonder if you have a coating over the top of your IF; I know some say that it's possible to remove that and get back to a softer texture underneath. I've not tried that but it may be worth a try.
My IF is really soft so that's not the problem. Btw.. a gal from another forum, also from the Netherlands, has the same issue with this blush.. so weird. T says in the comments that Supercontinental is a bit darker than Hipness (I love Hipness) and also less pink. Does anyone own Hipness and Supercontinental? And could you please compare the two for me? Comparison photos are of course much appreciated!

HppyLittleNinja

Thanks, Paisly. :)
I went downtown today and swatched SC. It kicked up a lot of powder when I put brush to blush. :( Is that typical of MAC blushes?