MAC style seeker

PRESIDENTslim

im glad i snagged Hidden Treasure
pompom.gif

honey on boost

I don't know if it's the lighting but they look like dupes...is it worth it to have both? I have hipness and never use it...maybe this will kill my lemming for supercontinental
They look sorta close but I wouldn't call them dupes. Hipness definitely has more pink than SC.

elkaknits

What is the official release date.... I thought it was the 23rd but I just called my favorite counter and they said 24th? I am determined to scope out ER in person

Icecaramellatte

My store told me the 24th too. But that doesn't make sense as they hardly ever launch on Fridays. That being said they are having an event on Friday.
What is the official release date.... I thought it was the 23rd but I just called my favorite counter and they said 24th? I am determined to scope out ER in person
I just put on On the Hunt, frosty shade on lid, matte or satin??? shade in the crease, Hidden Treasures applied lightly with a fan brush and Restless lipglass. I tried Dark Diversion on the upper lashline but it just wasn't popping with the eyeshadows so I went with YSL gel liner in a similar color. I usually don't like to wear strong color all over. If I do strong lips or cheeks then I go easy on the eyes but somehow this works. I guess the fact that its monochromatic look helps. Plus, I kept the eyes fairly simple. I'm still debating which MSF/highlighter to use with Hidden Treasures. Any thoughts?

EekaBoo

Bought Delectable online this morning. I'm finally finished with Style Seeker! My official haul: On the Hunt Camden Chic Delectable Hidden Treasure Worldly Wealth Restless :macwallet:

Corally

I'm a very warm NC15 and I found I'd have to slather IF on if I wanted a strong color, rather than just a hint of pastel apricot, since it very nearly matches my skin's natural undertones. Fresh Honey MB would come through much more obviously in a similar color family for me, since it has stronger yellow in it. On some other folks, Fresh Honey would look too yellowish and unnatural, while IF would come through well. I still like IF, but it works MUCH MUCH better on me if I apply it on top of bronzer - I particularly like it on top of Semi-Precious Goldstone MSF or Center of the Universe. I also really love IF applied to the apples on top of Modern Mandarin. Basically, I have to alter my natural cheek color a bit or it just blends in with my skin tone like a chameleon. Another thing - I find I don't particularly like IF on top of any of my foundations - somehow it loses all its pizzazz and still doesn't really show up well. It's so much nicer over well-moisturized bare skin, with just some bronzer. Its beautiful sheen comes out then!
I've also very warm undertones. And I think the blush is to close to my skintone and that's why it barely shows up. If I swatch it a few times on my hands it definitely shows but barely on my cheeks. I might try applying it on something else but I'm prob going to sell this one, I'm so done with this blush. Btw Fresh Honey MB def shows on my skin, love that one!
I just tried IF on CotU but I still have to layer a lot to see a slight change in hue, it practically only makes CotU more matte. I give up, stupid IF. :sigh:

Mac-Guy

I just tried IF on CotU but I still have to layer a lot to see a slight change in hue, it practically only makes CotU more matte. I give up, stupid IF.
sigh.gif
What is your complexion? If you have strong yellow undertones, it just might be absorbed. Or, if you have a lot of redness in your cheeks, it might counterbalance the peachy color as well.

I hope you can work it out.

Mac-Guy

My store told me the 24th too. But that doesn't make sense as they hardly ever launch on Fridays. That being said they are having an event on Friday.

I just put on On the Hunt, frosty shade on lid, matte or satin??? shade in the crease, Hidden Treasures applied lightly with a fan brush and Restless lipglass. I tried Dark Diversion on the upper lashline but it just wasn't popping with the eyeshadows so I went with YSL gel liner in a similar color. I usually don't like to wear strong color all over. If I do strong lips or cheeks then I go easy on the eyes but somehow this works. I guess the fact that its monochromatic look helps. Plus, I kept the eyes fairly simple. I'm still debating which MSF/highlighter to use with Hidden Treasures. Any thoughts?
I would go there on the 23rd! (not for the event, obviously, but for the launch if you have your eyes set on certain products).

Corally

I just tried IF on CotU but I still have to layer a lot to see a slight change in hue, it practically only makes CotU more matte. I give up, stupid IF. :sigh:
What is your complexion? If you have strong yellow undertones, it just might be absorbed. Or, if you have a lot of redness in your cheeks, it might counterbalance the peachy color as well. I hope you can work it out.
I do have strong yellow undertones. I already thought that's probably the reason why IF doesn't show up on my skin. I also have some redness in my cheeks but that's always concealed with foundation. I'm going to try selling IF, it just doesn't work on me, I'm sooo done with it.

Mac-Guy

I do have strong yellow undertones. I already thought that's probably the reason why IF doesn't show up on my skin. I also have some redness in my cheeks but that's always concealed with foundation. I'm going to try selling IF, it just doesn't work on me, I'm sooo done with it.
This combination probably makes it hard for IF to show up.

I hope you can sell it soon and find a good replacement that works out better for your complexion. :)

Corally

This combination probably makes it hard for IF to show up. I hope you can sell it soon and find a good replacement that works out better for your complexion. :)
Probably! Oh well.. SC and HT will mend my broken blush heart lol. I hope I can sell IF fast though.

Audrey C

I think we're skin twins - I'm exactly the same! :)

CartoonChic

Boo! My package has been delayed. My regular UPS driver is on vacation, so the temp driver isn't leaving the packages at the front desk of the building. I know he's not bringing them to my unit because I've been waiting for the delivery all day. He keeps returning the packages back to the UPS office. I was supposed to get 1 package yesterday, 2 today and another 2 tomorrow. I hope I finally get my stuff tomorrow.
th_stormy.gif

prettygirl

Aghh... I was suppose to stop buying... But I'm gonna stop by the counter tomorrow while I'm shopping. Hopefully they still have HT left when I get off work!

Icecaramellatte

Boo! My package has been delayed. My regular UPS driver is on vacation, so the temp driver isn't leaving the packages at the front desk of the building. I know he's not bringing them to my unit because I've been waiting for the delivery all day. He keeps returning the packages back to the UPS office. I was supposed to get 1 package yesterday, 2 today and another 2 tomorrow. I hope I finally get my stuff tomorrow.
th_stormy.gif
I think if you sign up for the My Choice option, you can leave messages for the driver.

duckrodeo

Here's a prelim picture until I can take some time to do swatches!
On the top, left to right: Immortal Flower, Fleet Fast, Launch Away!
On the bottom, left to right: Peaches, Supercontinental, Lovecloud

The flash makes it look like Peaches and Supercontinental are similar, however Peaches is more matte looking in the pot and definitely has a more orange cast. I will post swatches a little later after I've had time to eat dinner and to relax a bit!