MAC style seeker

honey on boost

T says in the comments that Supercontinental is a bit darker than Hipness (I love Hipness) and also less pink. Does anyone own Hipness and Supercontinental? And could you please compare the two for me? Comparison photos are of course much appreciated!
Here you go. SC on the left and Hipness on the right.

Prettypackages

they are pretty...

does anyone know fi there are any NARS/MUFE dupes... I think I am shying away from MAC blushes...
i LOVE my new blushes
blush-anim-cl.gif
for anyone who is doubting them... JUST BUY THEM!!!!!

bulbasaur359

Ack, you guys are making me want SC lol. It does look really pretty in pics I've seen. I can't wait till payday this friday.

aradhana

fleet fast, supercontinental, launch away, hipness, stunner
(sorry it's a little blurry - i thought it was the most accurate in terms of colour)

valkolak

I tried on Restless today and it's lovely and very autumnal, but it doesn't seem super special. I'll have to reserve judgment for after I've worn it more. It is definitely less sticky than is usual with lipglass yet still wore well. Also, it reads fall without being my usual vampy fall lip. Nice change for me I suppose.

bulbasaur359

Welp, Hidden Treasure sold out. I'm hoping I can pick it up at the store on Friday. It lasted almost a week online so hopefully I can nab it.

CartoonChic

I tried on Restless today and it's lovely and very autumnal, but it doesn't seem super special. I'll have to reserve judgment for after I've worn it more. It is definitely less sticky than is usual with lipglass yet still wore well. Also, it reads fall without being my usual vampy fall lip. Nice change for me I suppose.
I bet Restless would look really good over NARS Autumn Leaves lipstick.

liba

I've tried various brushes and even the most dense brush I own doesn't do the trick. I have to use a lot of blush and even after layering you can barely see a hint of peach on my cheeks. I might have a dud.
nope.gif
I'm so disappointed with this blush, because it showed up and looked great on T and I'm even a bit lighter than her..
I'm a very warm NC15 and I found I'd have to slather IF on if I wanted a strong color, rather than just a hint of pastel apricot, since it very nearly matches my skin's natural undertones. Fresh Honey MB would come through much more obviously in a similar color family for me, since it has stronger yellow in it. On some other folks, Fresh Honey would look too yellowish and unnatural, while IF would come through well.

I still like IF, but it works MUCH MUCH better on me if I apply it on top of bronzer - I particularly like it on top of Semi-Precious Goldstone MSF or Center of the Universe. I also really love IF applied to the apples on top of Modern Mandarin. Basically, I have to alter my natural cheek color a bit or it just blends in with my skin tone like a chameleon.

Another thing - I find I don't particularly like IF on top of any of my foundations - somehow it loses all its pizzazz and still doesn't really show up well. It's so much nicer over well-moisturized bare skin, with just some bronzer. Its beautiful sheen comes out then!

liba

Welp, Hidden Treasure sold out. I'm hoping I can pick it up at the store on Friday. It lasted almost a week online so hopefully I can nab it.
My store, which is a very high volume location and usually gets loads of products in with all the collections BARELY got stock on anything in Style Seeker - literally 6 plastic bags full of product and that was it for the whole collection. They didn't even get any Mean & Green np in - the manager figured they expected him to use whatever stock they had left from the nail polish collection launch....except they don't have any left from it!
icon_eek.gif

You might want to call your store on Wed or Thurs and order your items for pickup on Friday!

duckrodeo

I keep coming back to this collection! I decided to order Hidden Treasure. I thought about it and it seems like a unique shade! I'll just have to baby it so it doesn't look like Snow White or a sunburn on me (I'm sure there's a fine line in between where I can rock this color comfortably, lol)

Paisly

How come that Immortal Flower shows up on everyone besides me? I'm like NC25-ish and you can't see it on me. Now I'm wondering if I should buy SC or not, because if IF is darker than SC I don't know if SC will show up..
Did you buy it from Nordies? I had to preorder mine because I was out of town. Long story short... that one was a piece of crap. SOO dry. Wouldnt even swatch on my finger. When i went to see it in stores. It was beautiful and I bought it. lol Idk. Maybe thats the reason? I think this blush would look lovely on you and without using a ton of product. I made the mistake of umm swirling my brush thinking it was gonna be stiff. Lets just say, don't do that. LOL I have to barely tap my brush or i will look like like a flamingo.

Paisly

Thought so, such a bummer.. Launch Away just looked very weird on my skin (tested on my hand), it did show up but it def was a too light dull ashy pinkish something lol. So I didn't buy it. But now I'm really worried that I'll might have the same issues with Supercontinental..
ssad.gif
You NEED supercontinental. In my opinion, It's perfect. I really think you got a dud with the IF blush. Is your immortal flower a bit stiff?

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the Supercontinental swatches, Paisly, PRESIDENTslim, honey on boost, and aradhana!
th_worship.gif
They are very helpful!

I don't know if it's the lighting but they look like dupes...is it worth it to have both? I have hipness and never use it...maybe this will kill my lemming for supercontinental
I feel the same. I have Hipness, and I almost never use it. I don't know why. Should I wear it tomorrow? LOL

Although I will go see the collection this week (hopefully), I have a feeling my haul would be just Dark Diversion which I received in the mail yesterday.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hidden Treasure was the only item I was 100% sure I'll get, but now I'm having second thoughts. I love the color, but I'm scared of the pigmentation.
SOS.gif

Mac-Guy

Giga-Wings!!
clapping.gif

I'm actually getting back to that one lately.....
graucho.gif
At least the new sheerer, second skin textures make it a little less outrageous!

I'm a very warm NC15 and I found I'd have to slather IF on if I wanted a strong color, rather than just a hint of pastel apricot, since it very nearly matches my skin's natural undertones. Fresh Honey MB would come through much more obviously in a similar color family for me, since it has stronger yellow in it. On some other folks, Fresh Honey would look too yellowish and unnatural, while IF would come through well.

I still like IF, but it works MUCH MUCH better on me if I apply it on top of bronzer - I particularly like it on top of Semi-Precious Goldstone MSF or Center of the Universe. I also really love IF applied to the apples on top of Modern Mandarin. Basically, I have to alter my natural cheek color a bit or it just blends in with my skin tone like a chameleon.

Another thing - I find I don't particularly like IF on top of any of my foundations - somehow it loses all its pizzazz and still doesn't really show up well. It's so much nicer over well-moisturized bare skin, with just some bronzer. Its beautiful sheen comes out then!
Yes! Especially as it really adds some dimension to IF, which is rather flat when used alone. I love it with CotU.

Corally

Did you buy it from Nordies? I had to preorder mine because I was out of town.  Long story short... that one was a piece of crap. SOO dry. Wouldnt even swatch on my finger.  When i went to see it in stores. It was beautiful and I bought it. lol Idk.  Maybe thats the reason? I think this blush would look lovely on you and without using a ton of product. I made the mistake of umm swirling my brush thinking it was gonna be stiff. Lets just say, don't do that. LOL I have to barely tap my brush or i will look like like a flamingo.
I'm from Holland so I ordered mine from Douglas lol. It's really soft but it think the color is just to close to my skintone.. If I layer it heavily it barely shows. But after these comparison swatches.. I need SC!
Here you go. SC on the left and Hipness on the right.
Thanks!! Now I know SC will show up on my skin! :) It's so gorg!
fleet fast, supercontinental, launch away, hipness, stunner (sorry it's a little blurry - i thought it was the most accurate in terms of colour)
Wow great comparison thanks! By the looks of it, SC will show up on my skin yay! Do need!
I'm a very warm NC15 and I found I'd have to slather IF on if I wanted a strong color, rather than just a hint of pastel apricot, since it very nearly matches my skin's natural undertones. Fresh Honey MB would come through much more obviously in a similar color family for me, since it has stronger yellow in it. On some other folks, Fresh Honey would look too yellowish and unnatural, while IF would come through well. I still like IF, but it works MUCH MUCH better on me if I apply it on top of bronzer - I particularly like it on top of Semi-Precious Goldstone MSF or Center of the Universe. I also really love IF applied to the apples on top of Modern Mandarin. Basically, I have to alter my natural cheek color a bit or it just blends in with my skin tone like a chameleon. Another thing - I find I don't particularly like IF on top of any of my foundations - somehow it loses all its pizzazz and still doesn't really show up well. It's so much nicer over well-moisturized bare skin, with just some bronzer. Its beautiful sheen comes out then!
I've also very warm undertones. And I think the blush is to close to my skintone and that's why it barely shows up. If I swatch it a few times on my hands it definitely shows but barely on my cheeks. I might try applying it on something else but I'm prob going to sell this one, I'm so done with this blush. Btw Fresh Honey MB def shows on my skin, love that one!