MAC style seeker

kimibos

Here's a prelim picture until I can take some time to do swatches!
On the top, left to right: Immortal Flower, Fleet Fast, Launch Away!
On the bottom, left to right: Peaches, Supercontinental, Lovecloud

The flash makes it look like Peaches and Supercontinental are similar, however Peaches is more matte looking in the pot and definitely has a more orange cast. I will post swatches a little later after I've had time to eat dinner and to relax a bit!
peaches has been on my things to buy list really long so i'll probably get it with supercontinental. but i kind of regret not getting fleet fast now!! enjoy your dinner and relax.

PRESIDENTslim

I wore super continental today. Its goreous. Def a must have. I want a BU but now my personal collection consists of 32 different colors. I think I will hold out for the Office Hours collection. At this rate I need a new Muji case. Man I need a "No buy" month ASAP lol

kimibos

I'm already signed up. That's how I knew to expect my packages today. I called UPS and they wrote a note for the driver. We'll see if I get my stuff tomorrow.
omg i find the fact that you are getting all those boxes at once amazing!!!!
nanaparty.gif

Paisly

I went downtown today and swatched SC. It kicked up a lot of powder when I put brush to blush. :( Is that typical of MAC blushes?
They are all different for the most part. It does that to me too with this blush. I just tap lightly, since I am so fair. Tapping and not swirling the brush really helps with the soft powders. :)

duckrodeo

I was having the worst time trying to swatch these heavily and then photographing them was a whole different story! LOL ahh, ok, hopefully you can see the colors!
From left to right: Fleet Fast, Immortal Flower, Supercontinental, Peaches, Lovecloud, Launch Away!

IMO Supercontinental is closest to Immortal Flower, except Supercontinental has a stronger orangey coral base. Immortal Flower takes more work to build up.

MRV

I was having the worst time trying to swatch these heavily and then photographing them was a whole different story! LOL ahh, ok, hopefully you can see the colors!
From left to right: Fleet Fast, Immortal Flower, Supercontinental, Peaches, Lovecloud, Launch Away!

IMO Supercontinental is closest to Immortal Flower, except Supercontinental has a stronger orangey coral base. Immortal Flower takes more work to build up.
Looking good.. it has a nice shimmer, too. Thank you for the swatches! (BTW - I'm wearing IF & CotU combo today
eyelove.gif
)

duckrodeo

Looking good.. it has a nice shimmer, too. Thank you for the swatches! (BTW - I'm wearing IF & CotU combo today
eyelove.gif
)
I love it! Ohh IF and CotU sounds like an awesome combo! I've neglected all my HC MSFs except Light Year gets daily use lol. I need to bust into CotU again!

sfmakeup

Here's a prelim picture until I can take some time to do swatches!  On the top, left to right: Immortal Flower, Fleet Fast, Launch Away! On the bottom, left to right: Peaches, Supercontinental, Lovecloud The flash makes it look like Peaches and Supercontinental are similar, however Peaches is more matte looking in the pot and definitely has a more orange cast. I will post swatches a little later after I've had time to eat dinner and to relax a bit!
Since I already have Peaches, do you think SC is still an absolute must have?

HoneyMilk

I do have strong yellow undertones. I already thought that's probably the reason why IF doesn't show up on my skin. I also have some redness in my cheeks but that's always concealed with foundation. I'm going to try selling IF, it just doesn't work on me, I'm sooo done with it.
I honestly think that you just got a dud.

Many people LOVED Stunner last year. I could swirl and swirl and swirl my brush and apply and nothing would show up more than a hint of color. A few months ago I scraped the entire top layer off (because even though I swirled over and over again, you could barely see any wear) and now it actually works! It was like it was too compacted or something. I know it wasn't ruined because there was no grease on it or anything.. it just was a VERY hard powder.

Might be worth a shot?

Corally

I do have strong yellow undertones. I already thought that's probably the reason why IF doesn't show up on my skin. I also have some redness in my cheeks but that's always concealed with foundation. I'm going to try selling IF, it just doesn't work on me, I'm sooo done with it.
I honestly think that you just got a dud. Many people LOVED Stunner last year. I could swirl and swirl and swirl my brush and apply and nothing would show up more than a hint of color. A few months ago I scraped the entire top layer off (because even though I swirled over and over again, you could barely see any wear) and now it actually works! It was like it was too compacted or something. I know it wasn't ruined because there was no grease on it or anything.. it just was a VERY hard powder.  Might be worth a shot? 
The powder is really soft, it's not hard and there's definitely not a grease layer. It doesn't matter how much I use.. IF blends in with my skincolor, it just doesn't work on me. (I'm btw half-Asian with strong yellow undertones.) I was so excited for Stunner, but when I swatched at the counter it looked so blah on my skin. I could barely see the color, so I didn't buy it.

xasperadastra

I honestly think that you just got a dud.

Many people LOVED Stunner last year. I could swirl and swirl and swirl my brush and apply and nothing would show up more than a hint of color. A few months ago I scraped the entire top layer off (because even though I swirled over and over again, you could barely see any wear) and now it actually works! It was like it was too compacted or something. I know it wasn't ruined because there was no grease on it or anything.. it just was a VERY hard powder.

Might be worth a shot?
I had the same problem with Azalea Blossom.. in the beginning it barely showed up! But I kept on using it and now it is quite pigmented!

I'm really undecided about Supercontinental.. I don't think I have something similar... my coral blushes are My Paradise, Bite of an Apple, Virgin Isle and Make up forever aqua cream N°9 which might be the closest!

I want it!!!!!
flower.gif

Audrey C

Hard to tell, but from your swatch it almost looks a bit like Peachykeen.

I have so many coral blushes that I'm not even tempted by this one; it looks like a gorgeous shade though.

Audrey C

I think I like the finish of NARS Pure Matte lippies better (I am loving Moscow) but it's not a fair comparison since the MAC lippie was $18 and the NARS one $32. Do I like it twice as much? No, probably not. Can't compare the wear of the two yet since I just put this on.
I really cannot warm up to Camden Chic - I don't like how creamy the Mattene finish is. I adore MAC satins but this one is just too soft and it more fiddly to apply. Has anyone else found this?

The colour is fine, but I know I won't reach for this much if at all. If anyone would like to swap, please let me know.

I do like the pure matte finish twice as much, unfortunately. I wish I liked this one more.

martiangurll

I really cannot warm up to Camden Chic - I don't like how creamy the Mattene finish is. I adore MAC satins but this one is just too soft and it more fiddly to apply. Has anyone else found this?

The colour is fine, but I know I won't reach for this much if at all. If anyone would like to swap, please let me know.

I do like the pure matte finish twice as much, unfortunately. I wish I liked this one more.
I have package waiting with the Prep and Prime lip it is supposed to help those problematic mattenes go on smooth. When I get my paws on it, I will let you know. I am really looking forward to try it.

Audrey C

I have package waiting with the Prep and Prime lip it is supposed to help those problematic mattenes go on smooth. When I get my paws on it, I will let you know. I am really looking forward to try it.
Thanks - let me know how you like it. I don't know if they made them creamier so that they aren't as drying, but I don't like it. Too lip balmish feeling.

martiangurll

Thanks - let me know how you like it. I don't know if they made them creamier so that they aren't as drying, but I don't like it. Too lip balmish feeling.
depends who you ask but they are supposed to not only make those troublesome finished l/s go on smoother but stay on longer. Not sure I believe that it make a matte last longer and it probably will interfere with getting a good stain. I was thinking of doing a layer of lippy, blot, primer, blot, and then another layer of lippy to see what happens. Primer sandwich.

Audrey C

depends who you ask but they are supposed to not only make those troublesome finished l/s go on smoother but stay on longer. Not sure I believe that it make a matte last longer and it probably will interfere with getting a good stain. I was thinking of doing a layer of lippy, blot, primer, blot, and then another layer of lippy to see what happens. Primer sandwich.
Or I could just wear my NARS Amsterdam. One and done. Maybe if I hadn't tried those first I'd like this better.

I don't find that Camden Chic lasts anywhere near as long as my satin lippies. I think MAC does a great job with those - they're opaque, very long wearing and nowhere near this creamy. Most of my every day reach for it again and again lippies are satins (Brave, Twig, Mocha, Retro, Amorous, Del Rio, Mystic). Love them.