MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

Pinkdollface

I am
yes.gif
I'm getting the 3 Mattenes, Unconventional blush, and Grey Friday l/s. I haven't even had the courage yet to make my list for the Strength collection lol, november has already been so crazy
wacko.gif
I know for sure i want Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot tho, and i'm also very interested in the taupe blush :)
Strength was the collection that immediately got my attention and I love Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot and I was so glad I could get another BU of both with this collection. I just had to make a list ASAP. I hope you will love Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot as much as I do
smiles.gif
You're right these are some crazy months. I did a lot more damage with Glamour Daze then expected, but I still can't stop buying new goodies...

Liz2012

Strength was the collection that immediately got my attention and I love Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot and I was so glad I could get another BU of both with this collection. I just had to make a list ASAP. I hope you will love Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot as much as I do
smiles.gif
You're right these are some crazy months. I did a lot more damage with Glamour Daze then expected, but I still can't stop buying new goodies...
Same here, no self-control whatsoever lol
whistle.gif
And i bet i will love them as much as you do, all the swatches i've seen are super gorgeous
eyelove.gif
I'm really happy that i will get a second chance to own them :)

BuickMackane

Same here, no self-control whatsoever lol
whistle.gif
And i bet i will love them as much as you do, all the swatches i've seen are super gorgeous
eyelove.gif
I'm really happy that i will get a second chance to own them :)
Who needs self control when you can have lipstick?
devil.gif

I also missed out on the Iris lippies when they were released and there's no way I'm going to let history repeat itself. I probably wouldn't have got BUs if I had them in the original release because I never BU lippies (in fact, I don't BU anything any more. but I had to make an exception for FM and MB because they're so versatile).

From TT I'm getting all three mattenes and both blushes. My Strength haul is going to be a wee bit bigger.

aradhana

The blushes look pretty, but I'm going to skip them. The mattenes I may consider, but in any case I have to wait up here till December so I have time to really think about it! I think aside from the purple and lavender mattenes, the collection dupable, and I have shades like all of these already. The finishes seem to be special though, but I'm going to try to be good till after Christmas. Yipes!

Liz2012

Who needs self control when you can have lipstick?
devil.gif

I also missed out on the Iris lippies when they were released and there's no way I'm going to let history repeat itself. I probably wouldn't have got BUs if I had them in the original release because I never BU lippies (in fact, I don't BU anything any more. but I had to make an exception for FM and MB because they're so versatile).

From TT I'm getting all three mattenes and both blushes. My Strength haul is going to be a wee bit bigger.
We're on the same page
tong.gif
lol.gif

T's review btw on Night Blooming: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-night-blooming-mattene-lipstick-review-photos-swatches
She says Pink Pigeon is only a touch lighter. I wonder how similar they are.

GlamQueen21

Read the review on the quad and I will skip it for sure! As for Night Blooming and Seductive Intent, I will get them for sure since this will be my first time trying a Mattene lipstick.

bulbasaur359

i went years ago at around 5 am to the burlington mall here in MA and it was normal. no crazy people. actually less people than usual. then i got mad cause no discount on the stuff i wanted. i hate those macys coupons of %off and everything is excluded. like wtf. i couldnt stop laughing. the mall is more crowded on regular saturdays.
I wouldn't expect crowds at midnight anyways for this collection. People yes but huge scary crowds probably not. The closest Macy's counter is in a mall that has a Target in it tho lol. Crazy people are already camped out at the one by my house and it's smaller than the mall one. I wish my closer mall had a Macy's counter tho but it is in Nordies instead and there's a free standing store too. I live where there are a ton of stores. I would consider sneaking out if everyone was asleep as I am a night owl anyways but if my husband caught me he'd give me shit for it I am sure. Men.

pocketmouse

So is the preview for this collection only going to be at Macy's? I'm pretty sure we don't have MAC at our Macy's counters here.

badassSENORiTA

definitely want the lippies! still have to see how they look on me first. was wanting that magenta blush because I love
satin finish blushes but I changed my mind after seeing temptalia's swatch of it. saves me more money I refuse to buy
something that comes out so sheer

PrettyKitty

I'll skip that collection even if I really want the pink mattene lipstick. I got way too many order in the past 2 weeks, I still haven't played with everything. lol

ChosenOne

I wish this was gonna be online on BF. Not going to the mall at midnight for a lippie lol. I guess I'll wait until December 6th for the online launch. I hate how crazy BF gets and it's sad that it overshadows Thanksgiving. I love to shop but still it's nuts. I've worked a many BF too when working retail but never dealt with the mad crowds and doorbusters which I was lucky for.
Agreed on all counts! I definitely would prefer for this to come online on BF, but I guess I'll just have to wait. And I completely agree that BF kind of overshadows Thanksgiving. It really defeats the purpose of a day where you give thanks for all of the things you have in your life when you follow it up with a day where people trample each other to buy all of these material things they don't have.

ALivingDoll

Just read TT's review on Night Blooming. IMO in her swatches it looks almost identical to OF. Anyways, she gives it an A and I do trust her rating system. I do love the way both colors look on Karen's pics too! Can't wait to get these on Friday!

ladyarwen

I'm actually working at my Macy's from 11:45 AM to 9:45 PM on BF, so there's no way I'm coming in at 4 AM to grab the lippies. I need as much sleep as possible. LOL I'll just order them online when they launch on the 6th.

Haven

I am. But I'm not expecting Black Friday madness at the mall I'm going to, otherwise I wouldn't be going. I want to get this collection early so I only have to worry about Strength and Apres Chic in December.
You are lucky! All of my local malls will be crazy busy on Friday, so I usually skip Black Friday mall shopping. I may order a few things online however.

kimbunney

Kind of off topic but I hate the way Black Friday overshadows Thanksgiving. I love shopping like most people but dang some people won't be able to really enjoy the holidays because of work or rushing to get to the store. I hope you ladies in the US have a great Thanksgiving!

Miss Dynamite

I love the color of Passionately Tempted, it's the blush I've been looking for forever...but why does it have to be so dry? Oh well, god knows that has never stopped me before. I see a color I like and all logic goes right out the window.

bulbasaur359

I'm gonna try to get Unconventional and Seductive Intent on the 6th when it launches on MAC's site. The swatches are really pretty.